How to make money for Herc and/or Nix?

Briefzy - Raging Tide
Briefzy - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
So tomorrow im going to be buying about $125 worth of gold for PW and was wondering what I should buy in order to save up for Herc and/or Nix.
The $45 for 2k of SOH, or Feathers, and/or the Battle Pet Pack doesnt seem really worth it.
But what do I know im a noob so please enlighten me on this topic.
Post edited by Briefzy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You just missed a SoF/PF sale, too. Bad luck.

I'd invest some of that money and put it into merchanting. By the next battle pet sale, you should have enough to be able to afford at least either one of them, if not both, without wiping out your capital. You could jump straight into type-4 merchanting with that much gold, or even just with a part of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Check how much people sell the nix and herc (the one people got in pack), than if you sell your gold you should have enough money for both of them (and even maybe more stuff).

On my server i remember i saw around 70-80m if i'm not wrong, so depending on the price of the gold on your server and if people sell herc/nix you could be able get both.

Oh btw if you don't plan to do Tw and PvP nix is waste of money, if you plan to Tw/PvP than it's ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Check how much people sell the nix and herc (the one people got in pack), than if you sell your gold you should have enough money for both of them (and even maybe more stuff).

On my server i remember i saw around 70-80m if i'm not wrong, so depending on the price of the gold on your server and if people sell herc/nix you could be able get both.

Oh btw if you don't plan to do Tw and PvP nix is waste of money, if you plan to Tw/PvP than it's ok.

I have not seen a single person selling a Herc or Nix how do I find this out and I should have enough money for both with $125??
  • Tortimis - Dreamweaver
    Tortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sell the gold and wait for herc nix sale n buy both or u can buy herc now prbly not that u truly need a herc as they have fallen off quite a bit from their glory days with ppl just rolling 5 aps sins for soloing stuff faster nix is def a super plus for tw n pk and is cheaper than herc XD but for 125$ u should be able to buy both if u turn that into ingame coins instead of buying their overpriced SoF n nix feathers from botique

sell the gold don't buy from botique n buy the tickets from players
  • Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    sell the gold and wait for herc nix sale n buy both or u can buy herc now prbly not that u truly need a herc as they have fallen off quite a bit from their glory days with ppl just rolling 5 aps sins for soloing stuff faster nix is def a super plus for tw n pk and is cheaper than herc XD but for 125$ u should be able to buy both if u turn that into ingame coins instead of buying their overpriced SoF n nix feathers from botique

sell the gold don't buy from botique n buy the tickets from players

I thought Nix cant go into instances though?
    Also how do I just sell gold?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    DO NOT rush in and buy a herc. My veno is 101. I have had a lot of fun over the years with my herc but for the same money I could buy a very nice weapon nowadays. And since my herc is 101 it isnt that useful.

For example I do bh and dont even use a pet. If you like pets I would very seriously consider rolling a mystic. They are awesome at DD and have pets/plants that are free. If a mystic was around 3 years ago when I bought the herc, I wouldnt have rolled a veno at all, I would have rolled a mystic.

No matter what char you play your gear/weapons and skills are what costs the big money at 100+.

At my level the only thing I use the herc for is to do quests for my alts. So for example Ill help my seeker do faction quests/or morai quests and Ill use the herc because is costs nothing.

I think if you buy a herc you will regret it later on. When you hit 100+, big money is made in Nirvana and veno's are last on the list for all nirvana squads. Regular Nirvana's will take a veno, but pets arent used at all and its very hard to get in regular Nirvana because aps classes are whats wanted most. Caster Nirvanas prefer higher damage dealers like mystics/wizzies and psychics. Again if a veno goes in there, pets arent used.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Buy price of gold was only slightly over a mil the last time I checked on my server, so I wouldn't sell the gold atm unless you plan to purchase it directly from a player or plan to merchant for more gold. Especially since the anni is coming soon and the sales around that time are always good so the gold is probably going to go back up in value considerably. Plus your less likely to spend it if you don't have it all in coins. At least thats my opinion. World chat and see if anyone is selling a herc ticket and what price they want for it. On my server it's about 80 mil for a herc. Don't bother with the nix unless you plan on pvp as it can't go in instances. At level 101 you can tame the dino pet in morai for free and that one is comparable to a nix damage wise, as well as being able to go inside instances.

edit: posted right avatar now. -__- stupid forum bug.

edit 2: and except for instances where the pet can't survive the aoe or is more trouble than it's worth for whatever reason, it annoys me when the veno won't at least put it on autoattack. Pets don't get dmg reduction from bosses and even a little bit more damage is more than just the veno alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited July 2012
    For the nix/herc ticket ask in world chat or check in the catshop.

Some people will say to just take the nix, other will say to just take the herc, at the end tghat depend what you plan to do, but it's right that at lvl100+ a rarely see venomancer use pet in instance. If you plan to solo a lot of TT that can be a good thing to get the herc, but if not maybe you should just tame the dino pet in Morai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    OK I would like help deciding on my new class, cause people are saying Veno is useless, Id rather make a difference.
    edited July 2012
    OK I would like help deciding on my new class, cause people are saying Veno is useless, Id rather make a difference.

Veno are not useless, in the normal nirvana it's the only AA class people take (for purge&amp), in the caster nirvana normally people want a veno as well, in the new bh people want veno for purge, and in TW veno are really important, i don't agree with people saying veno are useless and not needed.

I love play mystic more than veno ( i have nix and herc on veno and don't even play it), i don't personally have problem to find squad, but a mystic will never be take in normal nirvana for APS multi-runs while veno are (i personally don't want do it anyway), you will never see someone asking for a mystic for a squad, but for a veno yes.

At the end it's your choice, play what you wanna play, i think all class are awesome, but not everyone love the same type so, you can try mystic, but it's not true mystic are more wanted/needed in squad than veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Veno are not useless, in the normal nirvana it's the only AA class people take (for purge&amp), in the caster nirvana normally people want a veno as well, in the new bh people want veno for purge, and in TW veno are really important, i don't agree with people saying veno are useless and not needed.

I love play mystic more than veno ( i have nix and herc on veno and don't even play it), i don't personally have problem to find squad, but a mystic will never be take in normal nirvana for APS multi-runs while veno are (i personally don't want do it anyway), you will never see someone asking for a mystic for a squad, but for a veno yes.

At the end it's your choice, play what you wanna play, i think all class are awesome, but not everyone love the same type so, you can try mystic, but it's not true mystic are more wanted/needed in squad than veno.

Im not just talking about being a Mystic im talking about all classes. Id like suggestions.
    edited July 2012

Veno is a caster that is regularly asked to two of the highest money making instances in the game. Nirvana and Caster Nirvana. It can solo squad mode TTs earlier than other classes. It can purge bosses so it's wanted for the newest bhs. People like venos in their squad that know what they are doing. Just keep doing what you are doing and make the best of your veno. In the lower levels the veno can tank their own bhs so you don't need a squad, squad just makes things go faster. No need to find a specific class. The drawback of venos is really things like pet levelling. TBH if I were you I'd stick with the veno but it's up to you.

Since you clearly have no qualms with just dropping a hundred bucks into the game, a psychic or assassin are costly to get geared up but they also can make a LOT of money. Psychics hit hard in caster nirvana, and sins are stupidly OP in pve. They've introduced things like caster nirvana and anti aps bosses specifically because of how stupid easy sins sliced through all the bosses previously. But to get to that point costs quite a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Veno is a caster that is regularly asked two of the highest money making instances in the game. Nirvana and Caster Nirvana. It can solo squad mode TTs earlier than other classes. It can purge bosses so it's wanted for the newest bhs. People like venos in their squad that know what they are doing. Just keep doing what you are doing and make the best of your veno. In the lower levels the veno can tank their own bhs so you don't need a squad, squad just makes things go faster. No need to find a specific class. The drawback of venos is really things like pet levelling. TBH if I were you I'd stick with the veno but it's up to you.

Any character suggestions please leave a response with the character you suggest.
    edited July 2012

Any character suggestions please leave a response with the character you suggest.

You ninajed my edit. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Briefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    You ninajed my edit. b:surrender

Am I not awesome.
    Just noticed my user will be taken now QQ D:

Now I need username ideas.. or extra stuff for the user I have now.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have not seen a single person selling a Herc or Nix how do I find this out and I should have enough money for both with $125??

$125 for both? lol You need to spend $175-$250 twice. b:bye
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
    edited July 2012

That depends entirely on what sales are currently active. When perfect chest packs are in the boutique for cheap, I've seen herc/nix tickets advertised for sale in worldchat for 50-70 million coin each, which can make both of them fit into $125 if you shop around and gold prices are high. The catch is, of course, that perfect chest packs aren't on sale all that often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    just pay some $
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well, while it's true that venos get in nv/caster nv squads, a herc wouldnt help there; lvl11 skills would be a better investment
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well, while it's true that venos get in nv/caster nv squads, a herc wouldnt help there; lvl11 skills would be a better investment

^ herc isnt as usuful as it use to be. the new dino if u put skills on him he would be jsut as fine. and the her skills on ht have been going for 10-20m each recently. b:pleased i still havent caught the lil bugger but im still hoping to catch him. but you have to be 101. to catch him. personally i'd go that route. get lvl 11 skills and nix and catch the dino when you are 101. get bear/ dark wanderer for everything else. and gear up. gear+ skills > pets tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    DO NOT rush in and buy a herc. My veno is 101. I have had a lot of fun over the years with my herc but for the same money I could buy a very nice weapon nowadays. And since my herc is 101 it isnt that useful.

For example I do bh and dont even use a pet. If you like pets I would very seriously consider rolling a mystic. They are awesome at DD and have pets/plants that are free. If a mystic was around 3 years ago when I bought the herc, I wouldnt have rolled a veno at all, I would have rolled a mystic.

No matter what char you play your gear/weapons and skills are what costs the big money at 100+.

At my level the only thing I use the herc for is to do quests for my alts. So for example Ill help my seeker do faction quests/or morai quests and Ill use the herc because is costs nothing.

I think if you buy a herc you will regret it later on. When you hit 100+, big money is made in Nirvana and veno's are last on the list for all nirvana squads. Regular Nirvana's will take a veno, but pets arent used at all and its very hard to get in regular Nirvana because aps classes are whats wanted most. Caster Nirvanas prefer higher damage dealers like mystics/wizzies and psychics. Again if a veno goes in there, pets arent used.

This ^^

Use to be the veno with a herc could make money but not anymore..i regret wasting my money on mine now!
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I would say it depends on the way you want to play the game. I, for instance have never done, nor ever plan to do any FF runs or Nirvana, so I can't say anything about those.

I have done most stuff in Perfect World on my own, and a Herc is great if you want to go solo. It's also good for helping others as it is a good tank. My Herc also brings in just enough money for me and my alts, and that's mostly by grinding. So until now, I am very satisfied with my decision to get a Herc. However, I have stopped leveling so I can't say anything about what pet would be good after level 100. So if your goal is just to level up to 105 as fast as possible then my advice isn't going to help much, but otherwise, Herc is great.

But then again I bought mine two years ago when stuff was cheaper, so I just farmed materials for a month until I had enough. I'd never waste that much real money on some internet pet. But that's your decision, I'm just giving my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

175$-250$ each are you crazy? You got scammed if you paid that ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• templeslave
    templeslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That depends entirely on what sales are currently active. When perfect chest packs are in the boutique for cheap, I've seen herc/nix tickets advertised for sale in worldchat for 50-70 million coin each, which can make both of them fit into $125 if you shop around and gold prices are high. The catch is, of course, that perfect chest packs aren't on sale all that often.

By that logic, you can get 12 star orbs for $50 each if you buy two of them. They sell those packs like once or twice a year, not all that often.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012

i got my herc and nix both for around $150.00 total from packs...yes I was luckyb:laugh
    edited July 2012
    By that logic, you can get 12 star orbs for $50 each if you buy two of them. They sell those packs like once or twice a year, not all that often.

You mean 10* orbs, and yes, you can. I made very good profits off the last such sale just last month.

Perfect chest packs go on sale a little more often than that, but not by much. Patience is the key to profit.
  • shadowwintry
    shadowwintry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For the nix/herc ticket ask in world chat or check in the catshop.

Some people will say to just take the nix, other will say to just take the herc, at the end tghat depend what you plan to do, but it's right that at lvl100+ a rarely see venomancer use pet in instance. If you plan to solo a lot of TT that can be a good thing to get the herc, but if not maybe you should just tame the dino pet in Morai.

Thank you for the tip to get a dino in Morai. I was away for 2 years and forgot about the pet in there. I was thinking to farm enough coins to get a Herc but is a Herc usefull when a veno is lvl 100?
  • Abelroc - Lost City
    Abelroc - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:faint whats with all these necro's popping up in gd someone trying to add to their post count or was we just a bit off in predicting the date of the zombie apocolypse?
  • Mufussa - Raging Tide
    Mufussa - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bought 30 gold worth of packs and got 2 hercs and a nix...problem solvered !

;)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:faint whats with all these necro's popping up in gd someone trying to add to their post count or was we just a bit off in predicting the date of the zombie apocolypse?

maint = world chat trolls prowling forums. Since everyone beats it into everyone, use the search on forums. People do b:victory. They forget to check the date, it happens at time, i have done it b:surrender.