[Maintenance Discussion] 2-19-2013

Options

Comments

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Some action, bangsian fantasy like Bleach.

Those seekers so remind me about shinigami.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Still enjoyed the ending and 3.33

Short summary of 2.22's ending is as follows...

Shinji: LOL I R GOD NAO!
    Kaworu: Nope.avi

One thing that's silly about the original series looking back..... Why is it that EVERY TIME a frikkin Eva berserks it wants to eat its own kind? Like even in End of Evangelion first thing the MP Evas do once they're in control of the fight? Freakin EAT the eva. Dx

Swear NERV would have been so much better off if they just fed their Evas giant sandwiches or something. b:laugh
    whole point being that evas=human=a beast restrained by society, cue overused freudian tripartite mind, essentially saying that all people are despicable monsters on the inside. Perfectly Anno.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    whole point being that evas=human=a beast restrained by society, cue overused freudian tripartite mind, essentially saying that all people are despicable monsters on the inside. Perfectly Anno.

Eh. I wouldn't put it that far. Especially since EoE was his way of telling the folks to **** off and even had some of the hate mail he got included in various scenes.

My personal theory for the sake of humor is Yui was pissed at Gendo for not feeding her for.... what ten or so years? Which lines up quite nicely with her deciding to omnomnom in the movie and her making lunch out of Zeruel too. No meta, know deeper philosophy, no punishing Gendo for being one of the worst fathers (as a short way of describing it all) ever. Just being friggin hungry. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • beerxhyper
    beerxhyper Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i would have to go with a high school harem romance comedy kinda like rosario+vampire lol

• opkossy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    i would have to go with a high school harem romance comedy kinda like rosario+vampire lol

The manga is FAR superior to the cop-out of the anime.

By leaps and bounds.

Still annoyed the anime didn't even attempt to show hints of Ghoul Tsukine and barely touched the plot in the arcs it was a part of. Thankfully I doubt they'll make a third season of it so... delicious manga awesomeness! b:laugh
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Eh. I wouldn't put it that far. Especially since EoE was his way of telling the folks to **** off and even had some of the hate mail he got included in various scenes.

My personal theory for the sake of humor is Yui was pissed at Gendo for not feeding her for.... what ten or so years? Which lines up quite nicely with her deciding to omnomnom in the movie and her making lunch out of Zeruel too. No meta, know deeper philosophy, no punishing Gendo for being one of the worst fathers (as a short way of describing it all) ever. Just being friggin hungry. b:laugh

that's not the evangelion spirit...b:surrender
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why is the lady incharge, always have a broken arm in all the clips? Sure in one season it makes sense, but both seasons? I call hax hand under the bandage.
  • azhazez
    azhazez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    update the pk rankings lol! they longggggg outdated
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Tonight's maintenance question is:

If you could turn PWI into an anime or TV show, what genre would it be?

Super Sentai? High School dramedy?

- The PWI Team

The levels of violence within this games plotline would make this more of a (Seinen style) of Anime or Manga (Though theres alot of it which would be capable of being suggestive enough for it to be used as a (Seijin style~hardcore) storyline material aswell)......b:thanks

Come to think of it though... I wouldn't be surprised at all, if someone(s) in Japan & other parts of the Orient, haven't already made this games backdrop storyline into a (Doujinshi Line ~ Of Manga Book Entertainment) for the fans of {PW's} Game Variations, that they may be playing over there...b:thanksb:thanks
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • lumathe
    lumathe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Servers will be down from 11pm to 1am PST for maintenance.

Tonight's maintenance question is:

If you could turn PWI into an anime or TV show, what genre would it be?

Super Sentai? High School dramedy?

Tonight will be a reset only!

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

Probably a super-quirky fantasy-setting comedy romance, maybe something reminiscent of Please Teacher! b:laugh
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    One thing that's silly about the original series looking back..... Why is it that EVERY TIME a frikkin Eva berserks it wants to eat its own kind? Like even in End of Evangelion first thing the MP Evas do once they're in control of the fight? Freakin EAT the eva. Dx

I'm torn between pointing out the actual reason or leaving the "hungry" theory around just coz I find it funny D:

And PWI would fit perfectly in a drama filled action anime b:chuckle or a Korean Manwha, just because it goes on forever on nothing really happens while you get stuff that you already figured out "revealed" b:surrender (ex: The Bride of the Water God and Thousand years ninetail)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Buffy the vampire slayer.

Different ''class''.

Different weapons.

People die.

People get ress. (lol)

And there's bunnies. =)
    I am actually watching that show, currently on SE2, for like the 10th time, *sings the bunny song inside his head*
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    They really need to put a stop to this "Maintenance" ****. It's really keeping me from leveling....
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I just finished snake boss and vile in 300 seconds b:laugh b:victory TY bruno, treskel, cute, and ras b:chuckle
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolnotguilty
    lolnotguilty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i hope jones blessing will be fixed, always been saying couldn't send item please try later...all week >;()
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i hope jones blessing will be fixed, always been saying couldn't send item please try later...all week >;()

this is why we stack em in de mail box b:kiss
  • ZetsumieXl - Dreamweaver
    ZetsumieXl - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah, it's a pain in the *** :< Luckily I got one on my main account before it screwed up =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Past/present character names from various servers:
    | ZetsumieXI - RaidenXI - AkutenshiXI - Rinjuu - Raiu - Ryuujin - Zenkai
    | Rei - Rai - Rui - Namonai - Rokushin - Cloud - Zokusei - Zainin
    | Raichu - Ninetales - Bulbasaur - Arcanine
  • lolnotguilty
    lolnotguilty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    aedrian wtf i clicked on your link and it downloaded something to my computer...you should be banned for that, could be keylogger guys becareful.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    o noes b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm torn between pointing out the actual reason or leaving the "hungry" theory around just coz I find it funny D:)

Don't be silly. The lack of EVA sized meals is clearly the only true reason and there is no symbolism or extra explanation. EVAs also never actually berserk, they just get free time and go on rather extravagant walks. b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    aedrian wtf i clicked on your link and it downloaded something to my computer...you should be banned for that, could be keylogger guys becareful.

I'll be a tiny bit rude here b:chuckle. You should know this is the internet b:victory, everyone wants your password and info.

Do you know where the files on your pc get downloaded? Yes?.... go check that folder. In future don't treat pc prompts like pwi quest logs. It probably downloaded the manual patch straight, because that is file link direct download. You clicked yes.

If you are correct, and the user posted something wrong, disregard the above, and shame on you aedrian b:cry, trolling innocent people of pwi.
  • doll74
    doll74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Id say PWI reminds me of an old Anime Slayers lol have all the types of people flat chested, big busted, blonde redhead, brunette and every other color strange skin, all sword archery or sorcery, and then the character archetypes smart *****, dumb, ditzy, intelligent wise, heartless, genious. Id say anyone on PW has a char that falls under one if not a few of these categoreys and they all represented in that anime. Great Anime still one of My All Time favorites
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options

Please, if you do not know what the manual update is or how it works, do not download it.

I would not post anything harmful or risk my reputation on this forum or this game.

You need to learn more, I was just trying to be nice, since the manual link had not yet been posted by anybody.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    doll74 wrote: »
    Id say PWI reminds me of an old Anime Slayers lol have all the types of people flat chested, big busted, blonde redhead, brunette and every other color strange skin, all sword archery or sorcery, and then the character archetypes smart *****, dumb, ditzy, intelligent wise, heartless, genious. Id say anyone on PW has a char that falls under one if not a few of these categoreys and they all represented in that anime. Great Anime still one of My All Time favorites

b:chuckle__LOLzzzz!!!!

Now if only we could make (Short, flat chested, Tiny Sorceresses with Pancake Cleavage) Like the {Linna Inverse} character from SLAYERs, just so we could name them Dragon Dusters!!!b:laughb:victory

Or Maybe Even Sorceresses with abilities like {Naga the White Serpent}... So their Laughs alone would be able to chase away the Mobs from the Archo Assaults....b:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Brup

derip erp erp derp derp!
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Man PWI website messing up so bad. They must be doing some major "bug fixes" ;p
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Aedrian, u sure bout that patch? given its up since last week (no offense, just asking xd)..
  • WizAly - Lothranis
    WizAly - Lothranis Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The Slayers because they got wizard healer and blademaster in the team b:laugh

Sword Art Online, Dragon Quest, Orphen ... there are too many b:laugh

it can be like one of them