_Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That PV pull x.x pro

What is IKUT's gear like?

ty :D IKUT is full 3rd cast +12 with mostly jades, is actually a slightly ahead of me gear wise (every piece +12, a few nw pieces, more jades than I have) but our overall stats are pretty close.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ty :D IKUT is full 3rd cast +12 with mostly jades, is actually a slightly ahead of me gear wise (every piece +12, a few nw pieces, more jades than I have) but our overall stats are pretty close.

Well it's easy to tell who the better wiz is then. Although I never thought that IKUT would be better tbh.

You just...even with **** gear did well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I felt that adroit was critting more than ikut rofl
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I felt that adroit was critting more than ikut rofl

Sometimes I crit so much I need to actually check that my crit rate sucks.

Other times, I forget that you can actually crit in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    nice vid. b:thanks
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Adroit, what version of Fraps and OS are you currently using?
    Fraps will no longer record for me and I'm having trouble figuring out why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RebeI - Harshlands
    RebeI - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rfbe2uFWdM
    Got that pv instance in there for you RebeI :D

Wow nice stuff xD

Yep ever since you posted on that other thread I have been trying PV like you described and I have been managing to do 5 runs per token, not sure why but I'm just not quick enough to fit the sixth run in.

Also, I tick constantly during pulls haha, but I'm guessing that goes down to the difference in our sharding / refines as I am full +10 with mostly g9 shards.

Thank you very much :)
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    awesome vid b:dirty

can i request pvp vids vs equal geared sins seekers and psys? b:dirty
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @Kniraven - I use windows encoder to record because it is free, it has a 10 min limit on it but for some reason it only stops recording @ the 10 min mark once.. then when you restart it'll stay going indefinitely lol. OS is windows 7 pro

@RebeI - If you are running similar to me, the only ways I can think of where you'd be losing time is killing the mobs/boss at the end or getting into your next instance. For getting into the next instance, I usually don't even pick up the pots the boss drops (although I probably could and still be fine), and I use a teleport incense immediately after I emberstorm the froggies. If you are stuck in the loading screen for a while, not much you can do about that :( I usually send party inv during expel, pass lead to Adroit and then log off the alt before mobs are dead so I can start my next instance quickly (I set up the instance on all my alts before I get the token, and those alts that are on the same acct I set up while I'm running through the pv (lol usually left hand on my desktop keyboard using wasd to lure mobs on Adroit and right hand on laptop mouse clicking away trying to get into the instance and get it started).

If it is the boss/mobs at the end that is slowing you down, you might try sparking before zhen/expel or triple spark -> IG -> cloud eruption -> BT to one shot the mobs and then focus on the boss. If none of that works you may just need a faster computer or better gear to make 6 runs per token. Oh, and ticking while pulling is fairly common.. it doesn't happen to me quite as often as it used to as my gear continues to improve, but it is something I expect and happens relatively frequently (maybe every other run I'll tick or something). Glad you're making 5 runs/token though!
  • RebeI - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @Kniraven - I use windows encoder to record because it is free, it has a 10 min limit on it but for some reason it only stops recording @ the 10 min mark once.. then when you restart it'll stay going indefinitely lol. OS is windows 7 pro

@RebeI - If you are running similar to me, the only ways I can think of where you'd be losing time is killing the mobs/boss at the end or getting into your next instance. For getting into the next instance, I usually don't even pick up the pots the boss drops (although I probably could and still be fine), and I use a teleport incense immediately after I emberstorm the froggies. If you are stuck in the loading screen for a while, not much you can do about that :( I usually send party inv during expel, pass lead to Adroit and then log off the alt before mobs are dead so I can start my next instance quickly (I set up the instance on all my alts before I get the token, and those alts that are on the same acct I set up while I'm running through the pv (lol usually left hand on my desktop keyboard using wasd to lure mobs on Adroit and right hand on laptop mouse clicking away trying to get into the instance and get it started).

If it is the boss/mobs at the end that is slowing you down, you might try sparking before zhen/expel or triple spark -> IG -> cloud eruption -> BT to one shot the mobs and then focus on the boss. If none of that works you may just need a faster computer or better gear to make 6 runs per token. Oh, and ticking while pulling is fairly common.. it doesn't happen to me quite as often as it used to as my gear continues to improve, but it is something I expect and happens relatively frequently (maybe every other run I'll tick or something). Glad you're making 5 runs/token though!

I pull similar to you but I get a few mobs from first room resetting quite often, but I'm still happy with 5 runs tbh, thanks a lot!

After today's runs I have it down to the loading screens delaying me - I have +12 wep so they drop quick enough. I'm about 10-20 seconds short of entering 6th instance so I might just skip first room on 5th run to finish quicker to get into 6th :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I pull similar to you but I get a few mobs from first room resetting quite often, but I'm still happy with 5 runs tbh, thanks a lot!

After today's runs I have it down to the loading screens delaying me - I have +12 wep so they drop quick enough. I'm about 10-20 seconds short of entering 6th instance so I might just skip first room on 5th run to finish quicker to get into 6th :)

Hmm, I usually finish the 5th run around the 14min mark, so I have ~50-60sec of spare time. There are 11 loading screens you deal with trying to get 6 runs in a token.. I remember hearing about some performance booster in general discussion, might be worth a look if it could knock a few secs off loading screens :P Although tbh, 5 runs per token is really good, just depends how rushed you want to be lol
  • RebeI - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hmm, I usually finish the 5th run around the 14min mark, so I have ~50-60sec of spare time. There are 11 loading screens you deal with trying to get 6 runs in a token.. I remember hearing about some performance booster in general discussion, might be worth a look if it could knock a few secs off loading screens :P Although tbh, 5 runs per token is really good, just depends how rushed you want to be lol

Haha yeah I am pretty content with 5 runs tbh :)

I'm shocked that you didn't even tick in that run xD today in 5 runs I used about 300-400k charm. I have like 16k~ hp and 21k~ pdef when I'm running PV and I still manage to let mobs reset from time to time :/ need to work on my technique I guess..

Most of my ticks come from when I need to aggro the mobs as they keep cancelling WotP so I generally run a bit ahead > hailstorm > WotP the ones that are still moving but I guess I can give emberstorm a shot in the first room. What really impressed me was the way you kept them grouped together nicely and your use of A-D keys to move about - I use it so they rotate the camera so again, I might have to experiment with changing that for PV :P

Thanks again :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Haha yeah I am pretty content with 5 runs tbh :)

I'm shocked that you didn't even tick in that run xD today in 5 runs I used about 300-400k charm. I have like 16k~ hp and 21k~ pdef when I'm running PV and I still manage to let mobs reset from time to time :/ need to work on my technique I guess..

Most of my ticks come from when I need to aggro the mobs as they keep cancelling WotP so I generally run a bit ahead > hailstorm > WotP the ones that are still moving but I guess I can give emberstorm a shot in the first room. What really impressed me was the way you kept them grouped together nicely and your use of A-D keys to move about - I use it so they rotate the camera so again, I might have to experiment with changing that for PV :P

Thanks again :)

np :) It's hard to see in the video, but one thing I try to do to avoid those ticks before a wotp is I wait for the mobs to get relatively close and just before they start hitting me I move back and aggro another couple mobs and use the new mobs as the target for my wotp. Because the range of wotp is so short, the mob you are targeting usually hits you before you even finish channeling it, so the advantage to what I'm doing is that you only get hit by the newly aggro'd mob(s) and the army of hundreds of mobs still get hit by the aoe (and pushed back). It's just a matter of timing/positioning, but would probably save you a lot of charm (and hardly ever get interrupted). Good luck!
  • Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide
    Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Great video indeed. So pro :P I wish I could do it that way. I've soloed before but gotta do smaller pulls D:
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    those purify weapons are really great for pv....

with a g16 weap i only do* 3 pv runs, while skipping half the mobs in run 1+2...

edit: did*
    dont have time to do pv anymore
    i like potato
  • Theremnant - Archosaur
    Theremnant - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rfbe2uFWdM
    Got that pv instance in there for you RebeI :D

great video. i wonder how wud u fare against a good geared veno. i've always have a hard time against them
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Was that 8k crit IKUT's BT?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Was that 8k crit IKUT's BT?

Through AFA, yes.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Through AFA, yes.

Tell me,
    when will u make a "wiz PvP guide" Adroit?
    b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Tell me,
    when will u make a "wiz PvP guide" Adroit?
    b:cute

Not really sure it'd get any use now.. most the wizzies that frequent the forums are already competent, not sure who the target audience would be >.>
  • mynameiswizy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not really sure it'd get any use now.. most the wizzies that frequent the forums are already competent, not sure who the target audience would be >.>

Im still lvl 88 on my Wiz ,
    maybe it is a request from me ,
    maybe there are some other people who similar to me. b:thanks

:) yeah I like this community too