Disable Whisper?

The__Sun - Dreamweaver
The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Nation Wars
As much as I like to see who it is attacking me I think during NW it should be disabled. The whole point of having no name/faction over your head is so you can have fun without the harassment of someone PMing "**** YOU" or "YOU ************* ****** ******* ******* *** *** ********* ****** ****** **** ** ** *** *******" (idk if there are even 2 letter censored words but you get the point).
I know you can still tell who some are by the way they look but at least it may help in situations. Or it could make people mistake someone for another person, who knows.

Just curious if anyone else agrees or disagrees.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
**** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
Post edited by The__Sun - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As much as I like to see who it is attacking me I think during NW it should be disabled. The whole point of having no name/faction over your head is so you can have fun without the harassment of someone PMing "**** YOU" or "YOU ************* ****** ******* ******* *** *** ********* ****** ****** **** ** ** *** *******" (idk if there are even 2 letter censored words but you get the point).
    I know you can still tell who some are by the way they look but at least it may help in situations. Or it could make people mistake someone for another person, who knows.

Just curious if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

Sometime people need to whisper to plan where they go for the next war or some people just pm friends so yea cannot remove whisper. Or just people that pm to ask buff. So not a good idea to remove that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah that's a great point and I love to use the whisper option for just that as well. Haha I just don't like the conflicts it seems to be causing between players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah that's a great point and I love to use the whisper option for just that as well. Haha I just don't like the conflicts it seems to be causing between players.

I ignore the idiots that pm me **** like ''F *''. To be honest I don't event read the chat, I'm in vent with my squad so yea.

Just ignore them or BL them and after NW clean BL for the next time. I doubt you will have more then 30 persons pming you and rage in 2 hours of NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just kill them again. God, pve servers...
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I voted no, as I talk to a few friends in whisper that arent in NW. And I dont harass anyone that kills me. I have accepted the fact that compared to many squads, I am way underpowered, so I just do the best job I can.

I've even accepted spawn camping. *shrug* its just a game and some NWs Im on the winning side, and others Im on the losing side. By the time I normally join NW, its already started, as I cant leave work early and traffic is a PITA, so I tend to be squadless.

I will admit I have whispered someone with something like "let me live man, I want to live! lol" after I was killed several times in various instances by the same person, but it was a whisper all in fun.

Some people just take this game way too seriously, and makes it seem PWI is their life, that they don't have any life outside of the game, which is truely sad.

Lastly, the one thing I wish they would disable, or fix, is the constant interruptions of which parts are being attacked, won, or lost. It always interrupts my typing and pisses me off.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to disagree with the OP.
    While I believe we get some hate whispers when we spawn kill them or keep killing them many times, it's also useful in determining how powerful the opponent team is in that battle. I always always whisper the person before i start attacking so i can decide whether to waste my chi or how best to approach the said person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just troll and BL people who whisper me hate :< Except I don't remove people from BL :P

I'm neutral. Either remove all forms of identifying someone (Whispering, T menu) or just enable name tags like in tw. Makes it more clean without having to do workarounds.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I like that they've disabled names but added whispers, it really helps with a lot of the trash talking and such that makes me dislike PvP. It's humorous every once in a while to see someone trash taking in battle chat and trying to get it started, only to be to be told that literally no one on the opposite side can see it and none of the rest us of care. It's also a good way to filter out the whiners from the normal people since it discourages taling from the other side, most don't. The ones that do whisper you are just the ones that get extra whiny when things aren't going their way. Whispering also is good to talk to friends with or ask your side for buffs. I do wish nation chat was in a different color than the system announcements that are backwards.

"A9 is occupying white nation instead of white nation is now occupying A9" for example, or something like that. Don't remember the exact system message. b:chuckle

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like that they've disabled names but added whispers, it really helps with a lot of the trash talking and such that makes me dislike PvP. It's humorous every once in a while to see someone trash taking in battle chat and trying to get it started, only to be to be told that literally no one on the opposite side can see it and none of the rest us of care. It's also a good way to filter out the whiners from the normal people since it discourages taling from the other side, most don't. The ones that do whisper you are just the ones that get extra whiny when things aren't going their way. Whispering also is good to talk to friends with or ask your side for buffs. I do wish nation chat was in a different color than the system announcements that are backwards.

"A9 is occupying white nation instead of white nation is now occupying A9" for example, or something like that. Don't remember the exact system message. b:chuckle

ya i see that as well. Poor translation on the PWI developers part lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Isn;t Chinese text still popping up for Tidal procs?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just blacklist if someone is offensive.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like the whispering option, but not so much the interruptions of chat with the announcements. It's annoying when your instructions go from, "Please go to H8" to "Ple"b:surrender
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love the hate-whispers. It just means that I'm doing my job right~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hate whispers are rather funny than really annoying... It's silly how even your friends can get all mad if you accidentally kill them.

I say keep the whisper option.. I talk with friends members outside squad via whispers to organize our moving better.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's no reason hate-messages should bother you. If they can't deal with their anger at dying in any more constructive way than using a colorful vocabulary, that's their problem.

If anything, whispers are just detrimental to anominity, in that they can reveal the name of a player on the opposing team. IMO, this can have good and bad effects... I can certainly remember a time when my barb has been oneshot by some outrageously-geared psychic or something, and while I'm waiting to respawn I can see who killed me and say "oh it's THAT guy... welp, time to find another land." XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love the hate-whispers. It just means that I'm doing my job right~

^ This. On the extremely rare instances I go pk'ing in open world, same thing. I wonder if people who rage-PM know they're feeding the fire b:laugh
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd hate to see it taken away. I agitate people in pms challenging them to come back at me and get a few more kills that way. It really works. You'd be surprised how many people argue back/try to kill you again...I just lol, kill em, and move on with my battles.