Will you continue doing NW with token value plummeting?

Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Nation Wars
Since canny and rap prices continuing to fall, is it worth going to NW still? Will it continue to be worth it? Granted there is a charm sale at the moment, but what about when that's over?

I remember a few weeks ago people on RT said prices wouldn't drop below 300k and 100k. It's a lot less than that now, and falling further.
WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
Post edited by Wickedbrew - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's not a obligation to be charm.

People will still need rapt/cannies to recast their 3rd R9/Nirvy.

The event is fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The cannies can be made at 10k each with tokens. And raptures can made for what, 40k each?
    So whoever takes the price below that is a complete nub
    Other than that, most ppl do NW for PK fun and not for a coin inflow. Or, at least that's how i feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    after careful examination I found that it's more profitable to kill lvl1 cactopods. thus, this is what I'll do instead of NW as my target is to gather as manylittle shinies coins I can.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If your a lowbie getting spam killed in NW can be frustrating. Its worth it if your making gobs of money to get better gear and level up with. If prices go to low the sensible lowbies will opt out.

Though its worth noting that here on archo raps are already at 65K and NW draws the same number each time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    who uses charms and apo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ive never sold my tokens, as I'm saving up for my own gears, I just hear people complaining that it was a money maker for them and I'm a CSer anyway.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well lets see...

Upgrading my tome fully - 7,000
    my r9 ring upgrade - 5,430
    my cloudstir upgrade -3,430
    my cube neck upgrade -3,430
    Atleast one neck engrave - 700
    19,990 tokens needed

I make an average of 100 per Nw twice a week so 200 per week average.
    Looks like in 100 weekends I will start caring what the rapture/cannie price is of selling my tokens.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It will still be worth it, It is not always about profit. I did not get that many tokens, 54 or so but I was able to re-roll my R8 leggs and wrists on my barb again for very little coin. NW was never going to be very profitable for long with so many people doing it and most of the mats you can make being tradable.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NW is fun and I would go even if I gained nothing from it.

However that is far from the case anyway. Regardless of token value, I need the tokens for gear in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Carniceiro - Lost City
    Carniceiro - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    last nw i got 181 tokens=54m +/-(lost city)still worth and fun
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    NW is fun and I would go even if I gained nothing from it.

However that is far from the case anyway. Regardless of token value, I need the tokens for gear in the end.

Seconding this.

I NW more for the fun it gives than caring about profit. And since tokens are kind of a must for the gear anyways, may as well enjoy myself in the process of getting them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well lets see...

Upgrading my tome fully - 7,000 (I still need to get an L.7 tome, then this)
    my r9 ring upgrade - 5,430 (this)
    my cloudstir upgrade -3,430 (this)
    my cube neck upgrade -3,430 (I still need to make my 3/3 and 5/5, then this)
    Atleast one neck engrave - 700 (this... but, i want 3% crit on last neck, so x1000 lol)
    19,990 tokens needed (this and...)

Looks like in 100 weekends I will start caring what the rapture/cannie price is of selling my tokens. ~ditto for me here too

AND... I am going for full R8 recast armors, which is only 682 supply tokens for them (i have 1 piece so far)... plus 19 supply tokens to reroll... and i want x3 of the -6% chan on sleeves, and all -3% chan and 2% crit on every slot (except maybe the +10% phys def on the chest) ... plus i havent looked at exactly how many per hone just yet... so who knows how many tokens for just this...

AND... I still need to get my Warsoul Recast wep at full stats (+65 atk lvls and -10% chan)... so god only knows how many rerolls once the reroll even becomes available b:cry...

So what I think my answer is... maybe... is i might be going to nw no matter what prices do b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I didn't go to NW tonight...

...it lost my interest when I got put up against the same squads week after week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I didn't go to NW tonight...

...it lost my interest when I got put up against the same squads week after week.

Missed your aim lows b:heart
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't NW much if hardly at all. But I am close to 99 so I will start to go so I can recast my TT99 Gear as well as what ever I have left to go to my faction if they need them. Regardless of the value of the tokens.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's plenty of stuff to do with tokens besides turning them into cannies/raps, as other people have stated.
    I prefer farming my own tokens and making things for myself to use more than selling them to others or buying from others.
    Plus I stopped using charms and instead use divine pots (free :D ) when I discovered there is no difference in my score whether I was charmed or just used pots. That makes whatever I win from NW into pure profit if I was to sell, so even at dirt cheap prices I would still make a financial gain.

NW sucks when it's bad, but is generally pretty darn fun, so I'll keep at it while my patience lasts.
  • sirrawrsalots
    sirrawrsalots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NW is really fun, and at this point i'm skipping out on doing RL stuff in lieu of running around and getting my butt whipped. But seeing as how i need coin for things i cannot get NW c i'd like for the price to stay up so i can get better gear, which would lead to me doing better at NW.
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well lets see...

Upgrading my tome fully - 7,000
    my r9 ring upgrade - 5,430
    my cloudstir upgrade -3,430
    my cube neck upgrade -3,430
    Atleast one neck engrave - 700
    19,990 tokens needed

Looks like in 100 weekends I will start caring what the rapture/cannie price is of selling my tokens.

100 weekends, thats almost 2 years of your life, just wrapped around a pixel character which in the end results equals nothing to your real life, no benefit at all.

Will PWI even exist in 2 years?

i\If you do nothing but play this game, in 2 years, what will your weight be? or your health? or even your mentality of life?

**shakes head** and logs off and goes back to spending time with my family.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    haywiz wrote: »
    100 weekends, thats almost 2 years of your life, just wrapped around a pixel character which in the end results equals nothing to your real life, no benefit at all.

i\If you do nothing but play this game, in 2 years, what will your weight be? or your health? or even your mentality of life?

Funny when people equate having goals in a game to having no life.
    If you -only- went to NW, that's like what, 4 hours out of a 7 day week?
    Either way Judgy McJudgerson, enjoy your family time :3
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I wish you spent the time you used writing this with your family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013

because having fun is wrong also i hate my family less time i spend with them the better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If the prices keep decreasing...I probably wont unless I'm really bored that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    7k cannies and 35k raps on Loth. We still get a large turnout. Then again with every other market all but dead it's about the only thing you can do for cash aside from selling third cast weapons.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For me NW can get really fun when I or opposing team aint getting steam rolled. I love the battles where team work and communication is fully in play. The pk of it for me is good cause i dont have to spend endless amount of plat charms,scrolls or even mess with the SL

I blame the players for the price drop you big merchants need not budge on ur prices b:surrender..stop cutting the next man >.<

All in all i have fun most times .
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do it for the fun, it's a game. If you aren't having fun you probably need something else to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On german server token price is already bottom low: 16k per rapture...
    It is less than fee+npc price (10k+9'999... and people still sell the raps for 16k... noobs).
    It make the NW totaly "play for fun". Well, kinda. I am one of the people who still do it for profit. I am able to earn abot 9kk a week just from selling tokens I got. But I sell R8r stuff, not raps.