End game Wep question

_Nesseh_ - Archosaur
_Nesseh_ - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
i am a non-CSing wizard, my plan for end game once i farm it
is getting g16 sandy world for Mass PvP-> TW/NW
r8 Recast wep for purify spell for 1v1 and small group PvP
what are your thoughts? one or the other? or eventualy both?
Post edited by _Nesseh_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you don't intend to go r9 route, and you don't intend to spend real money, I would completely say only get one single weapon and refine it as high as you can afford to. A g16 sandy world highly refined is better than two middle refined. Purify is not very important anymore as You will see less an less sins as time goes on. NW will influence more an more wizzy,psy, and archers to be made and less aps sins and bms.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you don't intend to go r9 route, and you don't intend to spend real money, I would completely say only get one single weapon and refine it as high as you can afford to. A g16 sandy world highly refined is better than two middle refined. Purify is not very important anymore as You will see less an less sins as time goes on. NW will influence more an more wizzy,psy, and archers to be made and less aps sins and bms.

purify isn't important? Please stop offering advice.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The truth is purify doesn't proc nearly often enough to make a difference unless you are geared to take a serious beating. Assuming you have a full set of Awakened AA gear, your stats will end up something like this (I didn't include a weapon):

http://www.pwcalc.com/aab18bfb53b55f3d

With those stats, an average assassin, bm, or archer (r8, g15, or g16) will be able to kill you in 1-3 hits. A similar-geared barb or seeker could kill you 2 times over in 1 hit. In PvP purify would rarely be a saving grace. 15-20 defense levels on the other hand would make a very big difference in survivability. Purify may be useful for mob pulls in PvE (notably warsong, lunar, phoenix valley).

Since you already have an r8 weapon, I would recommend recasting it for defense levels. You will do far less damage than with a g16 wand or mag sword, but you will still be better off for NW or TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The truth is purify doesn't proc nearly often enough

Had to stop reading right there. All the advice in this thread is horrible.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had to stop reading right there. All the advice in this thread is horrible.

Assuming you (still) have your R8 gear, put it on with your recast r9 weapon and then report back how useful purify was in TW or NW. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Purify is fking amazing, don't listen to anybody that says otherwise.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _Nesseh_ - Archosaur
    _Nesseh_ - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    didnt want this to become a bloody thread D: however anything with nivry s3 or less i can take ez in 1v1 aside from barb and seeker (counting +10>) so i should just go 16 and go for the undine->sleep-> MS combo like i do now with g16?
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was hoping to get a decent answer to this one too lol.

Not to threadjack, but I'm curious what anyone thinks: is r8 recasted to purify worth it over s3 nirvana?

I've seen s3 wand +10 for sale @350mil on HT, seems way more cost effective than playing with luck to get a good r8 roll...

thoughts?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    r8 is expensive as **** to reroll, but purify is worth it...only if you last long enough to make good use of it. b:thanks them r9 archers will rip you a few new ones before purify finishes
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The truth is purify doesn't proc nearly often enough to make a difference unless you are geared to take a serious beating. Assuming you have a full set of Awakened AA gear, your stats will end up something like this (I didn't include a weapon):

http://www.pwcalc.com/aab18bfb53b55f3d

With those stats, an average assassin, bm, or archer (r8, g15, or g16) will be able to kill you in 1-3 hits. A similar-geared barb or seeker could kill you 2 times over in 1 hit. In PvP purify would rarely be a saving grace. 15-20 defense levels on the other hand would make a very big difference in survivability. Purify may be useful for mob pulls in PvE (notably warsong, lunar, phoenix valley).

Since you already have an r8 weapon, I would recommend recasting it for defense levels. You will do far less damage than with a g16 wand or mag sword, but you will still be better off for NW or TW.

... why in the name of Hell would you shard full Garnets when wizzies have the highest P. Def. of all magic classes with Stone Barrier? I can understand half or 2/3, but full? Even I'm not that suicidal. >_>
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok ive read so many fail comments here...

Purify is awesome!!!! and proc rate is good, so is a good idea to get it

G16 if full will give u some attack levels anyway, but ull need a highly refine in weapon and attack charms to make the lack of attack

rank 8 expensive to re roll?? wtf!! somoene tell that guy about nation wars, 400 tokens most gets u recast weapon, and the rerolls are cheap

As an answer to u... G16 set (+7 or + refines) and r8r weapon with purify (+10 or +) and shard with exclusive garnets from morai (they are cheap) will give u awesome survivality against everything but r9rr (good ones, bad ones u can kill maybe)
  • Spinner_ - Sanctuary
    Spinner_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think what the people who are saying that purify proc isn't good is that if you are poorly geared (not+10 and can survive for longer than 2 hits) then the purify proc isn't going to be much use as your gunna hit the floor before it can be of much use.

Purify proc as a caster if you are reasonably tanky will save you more than your AD on genie will so if you can afford decent refines on gear aswell then yes purify proc is your best bet.
  • Ice_Lock - Sanctuary
    Ice_Lock - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ... why in the name of Hell would you shard full Garnets when wizzies have the highest P. Def. of all magic classes with Stone Barrier? I can understand half or 2/3, but full? Even I'm not that suicidal. >_>

For this very reason, you should shard full pdef. Why? Because at her current stats (under 5k ish pdef unbuffed), each perfect garnet shard really gives at least 130 pdef (up to like 150ish with demon stone barrier) per shard due to stone barrier. If you look at Asterelle's socket calculator, and you modify the buff values to include stone barrier, garnet shards are much better than any other gem, up to about 5k pdef unbuffed.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    The only time Purify Spell isn't completely awesome and something you'll be thrilled to have is when you're a 1-shot.

If you aren't a 1-shot and actually have defense, purify is NEVER "meh".
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While I will freely admit that P. Def. is nice, the fact remains that wizzies can already get much more of it than all other magic classes without having to shard as many Garnets. But I'm looking at her HP, and sure, HP can be raised through refines, but most people don't really have the money to refine beyond +5, or if they do, it's a slow WiP.

Garnets are nice to shard, and I do have quite a few in my gear as well, but P. Def. doesn't help against magic attacks or attack levels, and more HP shards allow us to tank more damage, especially considering all the other 4 magic classes have faster-acting heals than wizzies(unless we spam -chan skills, but let's not get into that now.). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she shouldn't shard any Garnets at all, but maybe sharding two pieces with Citrines and the rest with Garnets would give her much more HP while maintaining a healthy amount of P. Def.