Dresses 10 gold now?

Xainou - Sanctuary
Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
So basically we went from boutique fashion, to pack only fashion, to 10 gold per dress now? I don't think I'm the only person annoyed by this.

What's with the price markup, PWE?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
Post edited by Xainou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, that annoys me too. Might as well have left all new fash in packs because it costs the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gotta love business.

Believe me, from the looks of it based from what I see on HT, the price isn't a problem if you really must have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Staryu - Dreamweaver
    Staryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only dresses and (to a lesser extent) tops are affected by the price hike.

Which is fine by me as I don't really care for dresses.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally the price never bothered me when fashion was in packs, it was the availability. You would either have to wait for the heavy cash shoppers to sell them or hope a person that bought it would resell. Even with the increase in price a full set is cheaper than pack fashion which still sells for 25 - 50 mil depending on how new it is.

The nicest part though of items being in the boutique is I don't have to buy the whole set if I don't want to. With pack fashion you are usually stuck buying the whole thing since most people won't split it up. There are very few fashions that I like all the pieces. I prefer to mix and match. With it being in the boutique it's way easier to do and I'm not stuck with pieces in my wardrobe that I don't even wear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The last three posts sum up everything I would've said... So I just add that I don't believe you can do anything against it. Val has already said he is not in control of that...Plus, at least with the recently released set, everyone seems to get it, regardless of the price.
    I don't support the higher prices, but I also see no hope in getting them lower :/
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This has happened with one of the male tops that was recently released into the boutique, a friend of mine purchased the top for the 10 gold price, then a few days later when the End of an Era fashion was released I noticed the top they had bought had been reduced to 5 gold. Little while later they received an email in their inbox that was linked to the account with an apology and a choice of One Boutique fashion item of their choice. Which they received in their in game mail box a day or so later (It was a random colour.) So go check your email accounts if you have bought some of the 10 gold Fashion, in a few days, you may have something similar waiting for you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's annoying, but Val said in a thread he have no power on the cost of the fash in the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Why do it"

Because they know you'll pay that much. People will pay 100 gold for a 25m flyer, you think there aren't people that'll pay 10 gold for a dress? It's PWE, if they can make money and get away with it, they'll do it.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So basically we went from boutique fashion, to pack only fashion, to 10 gold per dress now? I don't think I'm the only person annoyed by this.

What's with the price markup, PWE?

10 gold for a pixel dress? b:shocked That cost more than the t-shrit and underwear I have on atm in real life.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    10 gold for a pixel dress? b:shocked That cost more than the t-shrit and underwear I have on atm in real life.

And you are even allowed to choose the color of your real life clothers b:laugh. If you want this new gilded ribbon set in e.g. white or pink, you have to pay 36$ in addition
    = 55 US dollars for a pixel set of clothes in the color you want.

I knew that the us dollar is just green paper (or just many electronic zeros) since they removed the gold standard in the early seventies. But i didn't know that it's already THAT bad now b:shocked. I really feel sorry for the USA. Do we already have to sent care packages?
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fashion has never really interested me, i always like the look of my armours.
    besides;
    - 10 gold = 2 GST. that is what I would spend the coins on :P
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Then again I don't think you would go to any fancy parties wearing just that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Then again I don't think you would go to any fancy parties wearing just that.

I don't think you would go to any fancy parties while playing the game either.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks!

Yep, I've been working to push out all those fashions backed up in our inter-tubes.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the price, but that's not something I control ^_^;

As is, I'll keep working on getting new fashion out for ya'll ^_^b

- Val

That was I was looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let us not forget that most dresses double as body and legwear, which saves you from having to buy a second piece of fashion, therefore evening out the price somewhat.

I'm not saying that argument about paying more for pixel clothes than RL clothes isn't valid - because it is - but if you're gonna pay for pixel clothes, this one's really not much worse than anything that's come before it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That cost more than the t-shrit and underwear I have on atm in real life.

I need to start shopping where you do... and wearing underwear.....

b:nosebleed
  • Mikosu - Sanctuary
    Mikosu - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lots of female players on Sanctuary have already purchased this outfit. Maybe it's just because this fashion was so "desired". Price is a bit much, but if people are going to buy it at ten gold, why should PWI lower the price? Keep in mind that if this set were released in packs only, it would run for easily 25m+ for many months. At least now it is slightly more accessible.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    I need to start shopping where you do... and wearing underwear.....

b:nosebleed

UNDERWEAR IS FOR THE WEAK! Commando mode or no mode at all!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let us not forget that most dresses double as body and legwear, which saves you from having to buy a second piece of fashion, therefore evening out the price somewhat.

Dresses didn't used to cost 10 gold before though. b:surrender It just started after fashion had been pack-exclusive...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Dresses didn't used to cost 10 gold before though. b:surrender It just started after fashion had been pack-exclusive...

Prices change bro. If they can get more money out of you, and obviously they can, then they're gonna do that.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They probably need $$$ because people do not need to charge anymore thanks to nw
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My GF won't let me wear underwear anymore. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    I fail to see how that's a bad thing. A girlfriend AND no underwear? You're living the life.
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think the fashion prices are that bad because it's purely cosmetic...nobody's forcing anybody to buy fashion, and it's certainly not going to help you (other than maybe hiding your gear so you're not picked out in PVP).

Anyway, prices will inevitably drop as the fashion gets older.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They probably need $$$ because people do not need to charge anymore thanks to nw

CSers didn't stop charging gold. They spent more gold than ever. Or where do you think is all gold in ah comming from?? Just the F2P community was able to get gold faster thanks to nw. But ofc it will not stay like this forever. NW mats become cheaper and cheaper... I suppose not many tanks will join nw in the future, the charm costs will be way higher than the awards you can win.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You don't have to have fashion. There are still hundreds of cheap fashions to buy. You can also just wait a while for people to resell their old fashion for cheaper prices than you can currently get them. Anything new that you must have *right* now in *just the right color is going to cost you.

That being said, 10 gold is a little extreme, and I'll be less willing to experiment with new fashions unless I'm absolutely positive I love them. I imagine that not all new fashions will be this price though... we shall see.

+1 post count

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ladies Ladies Ladies..yes your going to pay that much because thats jsut the way you are,though it is a steep price to pay for crud...you all wanted that fashion to come,so here it is,it was popular and pw said lets market this finally..soooooo there ya go ladies there ya go,and only like 40 votes for no on the price does not compair wit hthe other 10000000 women/men with girl toons that really dont give a damn...if you pay 10 gold for it yeah thats your choice but im sure in a while your going to be able to buy it off some one eventually for like 5mill or so...so dont worry..sheesh.

the king has spoken.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't mind the prices, as long as they stay out of packs.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As already stated, a dress covers top and bottom (ok in PWE most dresses leave little to the imagination, but still its two fashion pieces in one) which in regular fashion is 5 gold each, so 10 gold for a dress seems viable in the world of PWI.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    As already stated, a dress covers top and bottom (ok in PWE most dresses leave little to the imagination, but still its two fashion pieces in one) which in regular fashion is 5 gold each, so 10 gold for a dress seems viable in the world of PWI.

Dresses have seen a large increase in price, almost 67% price increase. It has nothing to do with what they cover, compare the old dress price to the new one. It's significantly more expensive because they decided to raise the price. That's it. While I"m unhappy about the price increase, I am incredibly happy that it's not in packs anymore. Been waiting on the gilded ribbon for a long time. b:victory

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!