Bring Back Money to the delta run?

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Well I can give good news and bad news overall here.

The good news: Hey, you! knows about this and is busting his butt to try and get something done about it.

The bad news: It's one of MANY things we have problems with and every single issue is a new struggle he has to fight tooth and nail to have dealt with in some fashion. So even so having any visible results or updates on the matter will probably take who-knows-how-long at this point.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can i give Hey, you! a light saber, zorro's sword, or some other weapon to help him b:victory.

Thanks for letting us know that the matter is under consideration. One can only hope that in future content updates this is reversed.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for your update, Kossy. I'm really amazed by Val's spirit.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really amazed by Val's spirit.

I would of said the same thing, but yeah...you beat me to it. So F~ it, I'll just buy him a pint instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:dirty give coins back, so i can solo delta for profit.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    b:dirty give coins back, so i can solo delta for profit.

Assume you take 2 "friends" with 2 alts each. You have 2 alts.

6 people, each person gets 18 tome fragments, each person gets 3 coins of chest, there is about 250k drop in coins. There are 5 obp total. Gems

18x6x60k = 6.48m

6x3x150k = 2.7m

6x250k = 1.5m

Assume a 4m value for total gems (could be more)

6.48m+2.7m+1.5m+4m = 14.68m, for 2 hours of play. 7.34m an hour. That is equivalent of tt runs or nw runs. Feasible.

Definitely go for it b:victory, if you can solo.

Oooh better yet, have people pay you 1.5~3m to solo delta for their chrono/culti b:cute. I might start doing that, once my gear is in place. Have to make money some how.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i wonder how long it will take for val spirit to be broken by PWE anti communication over loards
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i wonder how long it will take for val spirit to be broken by PWE anti communication over loards
    \

Very fast and soul crushing assuming they have to follow some plan from them.

certain unamed private servers have not only fixed alot of issues but added all the smileys! of course thats supposedly not possible. in fact you can have a chocobo!

I would suggest pwi reach out to the real talent and bring them in to make the official version awesome again b:surrender
  • spensen
    spensen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bump for the continue support of bringing the coins back in Delta >_>
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1) ~9 out of 10 won't bother to pick drops in RB. Many could care less if they kill the boss on the incline so that most drops are lost. The drops are worth as much or more than the coin.

2) No coin means no one dropping squad to steal coin. No one accusing someone of stealing coin after they've left instance and left squad.

3) Haven't detected any more trouble in acquiring a delta squad since change.

Play a veno; raise a dd pet to 102+, invest in rare skills, have it made totally obsolete by a new free pet they introduce; then you have something to whine about.

Farm and or buy rep to get to 200/300k then have price of it drop to 20% what it was; then you have something to whine about.

Buy an expensive skill only to have it replaced by a better one -something to whine about.

Running delta is a choice: No one is forcing you to get screwed. -no reason to whine!
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    1) ~9 out of 10 won't bother to pick drops in RB. Many could care less if they kill the boss on the incline so that most drops are lost. The drops are worth as much or more than the coin.
    You must run with some crappy squads. 9 out of 10 squads I run with care about the drops.
    2) No coin means no one dropping squad to steal coin. No one accusing someone of stealing coin after they've left instance and left squad.
    While this is true, it isn't a supportive reason.
    For BH's, no. Try forming full Delta runs.
    Play a veno; raise a dd pet to 102+, invest in rare skills, have it made totally obsolete by a new free pet they introduce; then you have something to whine about.
    again, not a supporting statement.
    Farm and or buy rep to get to 200/300k then have price of it drop to 20% what it was; then you have something to whine about.
    So far the only point you're making is that you're still the idiot everyone believes you to be. Still not a supporting statement.
    Buy an expensive skill only to have it replaced by a better one -something to whine about.
    So I need to say more?
    Running delta is a choice: No one is forcing you to get screwed. -no reason to whine!
    Yes, and I chose to do full runs on my barb because with the rewards of the run, I was able to make a decent profit. Now it's just a coin sink to do full runs. This is something to whine about. It's not like changing TT so that veno's can't solo it anymore. There is no apparent reason for removing this from the instance, and without the incentive of the rewards, it is very difficult to get people to help out for Chrono/culti quests.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thay should deff bring the money drops back to the GV runs.it helped cover repairs,charm ****,pot use.i really dont see why it was taken out in the first place.i can see them doing soemthing with the people that would drop squad and kill the shrooms to get the money for there own but you got the same ammount as if you where in the squad..i know cuz i did this once lol.( hey at lest i own up to it) if any thign thay should make the drops where you can only pick the up IN a squad.just something to think about
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Everyone that makes Perfect Stones care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013

That is your opinion right, i respect that. Let me re argue all your points from that stand point. Things you do is a choice, no reason to whine
    It was your choice to play a veno, lvl a pet to 102, spend money on it, no reason to whine about it.
    Buy an expensive skill only to have it replaced by a better one -something to whine about
    No skill in this game costs more than 5m/6m, pof obp skills are free. If you chose to pay a player 10~90m for a skill that you could have made with a risk, that is your personal risk aversion that you were taking care of. No reason to whine for it.

All the fcc babies and "newer" players balk at the idea of farming their pan gu. Over the course of 1~3 months, why pay someone 200~300m for something that can be gotten for free? Use that 200~300 to buy better shards, gear, upgrade things.

We can all whine about everything, i am sure there are some r9 3rd cast +12, josd players that i have one shot, because my skills ignores their def lvls. This topic is not about whining, delta is more than a simple place to do bh. To do those things, people appreciated the coin drop to help compensate them for their time they spend. No other instance requires 2~3 hours of your time.

Ask around your friends, factions, random people, how many can enter the 4th chrono map? To many the first map is all you need, but those maps are great sources for farming exp, mats, cards, things. People don't go beyond stage 3, all those who are stuck with stage 4, 5, full runs are missing out on great places. Running chrono has always been an issue for most, but most really feel it now because even those of us who used to do full runs, we always had space for 1~2 extra people of any class to tag along. We don't run full deltas anymore, so the people can not get their chrono done.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With 225 current votes on this topic and over 96% of those favoring the return of the coins, I think it more than deserves attention from val. Has anyone sent him a PM on the subject yet? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With 225 current votes on this topic and over 96% of those favoring the return of the coins, I think it more than deserves attention from val. Has anyone sent him a PM on the subject yet? o.o

They have to take it up with China tho, they can't directly modify the coding of the game.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They have to take it up with China tho, they can't directly modify the coding of the game.

That's basically what Val has to do with everything. Which is why it takes them 3 months to change 8 characters in one line of code to fix something that should take only 30 seconds.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A little yes and a little no, because we really need a coin sink and coins are hard to come by, especially since now NW's supply tokens are reduced so low.

In RT: 100 supply tokens would get you less than 10m b:surrender, it's still good, but later on, tokens will be soon worth as much as luck tokens.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Think I`ll act like those who support the new idea that by doing virtually nothing you are eligible to get the end game gear, those who haven`t worked for their gear, so I include my biased opinion, since I don`t do deltas I don`t care and coin removal is good, what goes around comes around, same like people who complained they can`t do nirvana runs, though you still get tome frags and OBP`s in delta. b:tired

tome frags are guaranteed(unless you get a few mirages,but the odds for tome frags are still far great)..old book pages are not,they are %,some times 1,some times more(x2),some times not at all..and even if one does drop it dont meen your gonna get one,and i sure as hell do not want to run RB after RB for high repairs and low drop rate on pages along with no coin rewards for measley tome fragments wich suck in profit return these days.So yeah add the coins back to rebirth it was a lame idea to take away anyways since coins been around for years.

You try telling one in squad to bank tome frags,mirages and OBP...blahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013

-Never been in a squad yet, ever, that someone hasn't picked up the drops. I do myself. The drops are still pretty much worthless apart from Tears or Mirage and even on a full run you'll get a handful of each.

-Again, I've NEVER been in a squad yet where someone dropped and stole coin. In the very rare cases where someone has, you see it broadcasted all over wc. It's very rare people will steal coin.

-True perhaps for BH. Think I've done a single full run since the change though. Often squads form, can never get the tank, and just don't happen.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Well yeah, welcome to the source of half this game's problems. XD

At least Val gives enough of a **** to go to bat for us... occasionally. >_> That's more than frankie ever did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tome frags are guaranteed(unless you get a few mirages,but the odds for tome frags are still far great)..old book pages are not,they are %,some times 1,some times more(x2),some times not at all..and even if one does drop it dont meen your gonna get one,and i sure as hell do not want to run RB after RB for high repairs and low drop rate on pages along with no coin rewards for measley tome fragments wich suck in profit return these days.So yeah add the coins back to rebirth it was a lame idea to take away anyways since coins been around for years.

You try telling one in squad to bank tome frags,mirages and OBP...blahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a scammer beg us to bank the OBP's once, we did and they took 2 or so before some1 got the 3rd and they ran off with em. Don't bank pages unless it's people you know you can trust. We keep em random 24/7(when we used to run it before delta was killed).
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BH delta was my favorite because of the coin drops, now ... it doesn't really pay off to do a full delta on barb because of repair costs.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -True perhaps for BH. Think I've done a single full run since the change though. Often squads form, can never get the tank, and just don't happen.

Ever wonder thats your problem. People want barb lurers and seeker dds... being picky also limit you pool to draw squad members from. When my sin tt99 with a bit over 5k hp... he has no problem luring/gathering wave 1-3. A half decent veno with 6k hp can easily gather the entire rb.
    BH delta was my favorite because of the coin drops, now ... it doesn't really pay off to do a full delta on barb because of repair costs.

RB was my favor instance to run too... until the barb transfer all his repair cost to me.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    When my sin tt99 with a bit over 5k hp... he has no problem luring/gathering wave 1-3. A half decent veno with 6k hp can easily gather the entire rb.
    Vids or it didn't happen. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Assume you take 2 "friends" with 2 alts each. You have 2 alts.

6 people, each person gets 18 tome fragments, each person gets 3 coins of chest, there is about 250k drop in coins. There are 5 obp total. Gems

18x6x60k = 6.48m

6x3x150k = 2.7m

6x250k = 1.5m

Assume a 4m value for total gems (could be more)

6.48m+2.7m+1.5m+4m = 14.68m, for 2 hours of play. 7.34m an hour. That is equivalent of tt runs or nw runs. Feasible.

Definitely go for it b:victory, if you can solo.

Oooh better yet, have people pay you 1.5~3m to solo delta for their chrono/culti b:cute. I might start doing that, once my gear is in place. Have to make money some how.

b:chuckle nothing much left to do for more profit, most profit stuff are dead.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • spensen
    spensen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im beginning to think PWI only cares about Cashers now and dont care about non cashers >_> If all they care are about money by disable all the Instance where non cashers can farm money, whats the point of playing this game anymore where it forces you to use real time cash in order to play.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ever wonder thats your problem. People want barb lurers and seeker dds... being picky also limit you pool to draw squad members from. When my sin tt99 with a bit over 5k hp... he has no problem luring/gathering wave 1-3. A half decent veno with 6k hp can easily gather the entire rb.

RB was my favor instance to run too... until the barb transfer all his repair cost to me.

Not my problem, I'd run with whatever squad can get the job done.

Don't see the purpose of luring rb on a veno or sin though, the second you bring the mobs in, the highest DD takes agro and if it's a squishy wiz or archer, that's the end of them. If you're telling me a 6k hp veno can tank a full delta, I want proof or stop spreading bull and theory. Heck, I can lure delta easy and with full agro I still wont ever die unless the cleric's asleep, but what's the point if my axes aren't g16/r9 and the wiz is still pulling all the agro and getting killed?

And you admit you hate repair cost. But can't see why it's hard to find a tank?
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I never did do Delta much,but it really would be nice to bring back the coins. It made doing the runs a little worth the time :P.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not my problem, I'd run with whatever squad can get the job done.

Don't see the purpose of luring rb on a veno or sin though, the second you bring the mobs in, the highest DD takes agro and if it's a squishy wiz or archer, that's the end of them. If you're telling me a 6k hp veno can tank a full delta, I want proof or stop spreading bull and theory. Heck, I can lure delta easy and with full agro I still wont ever die unless the cleric's asleep, but what's the point if my axes aren't g16/r9 and the wiz is still pulling all the agro and getting killed?

And you admit you hate repair cost. But can't see why it's hard to find a tank?

Lure just needs to keep aggro off the BB cleric. After that the BM can Roar and MSS; which with the gear means it might not even matter who tanks at that point. It will become a matter of people knowing all the skills of their class, instead of just sticking with the basics used in an optimum squad composition.