Roleplay in game

Bloodanna - Heavens Tear
Bloodanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
So, I and a friend of mine have started roleplaying in game and I'm wondering if there are any roleplayers that would be interested in making an rp faction or just make a small group of friends that get on to roleplay and make a story happen?
Post edited by Bloodanna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if there is any.

People are now all about gear and fighting on NW/TW.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sure, I'm the landlord and rent is due. It's 9 Summerwind Tokens. Pay up before I evict you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ive played roleplaying games, in most of the times, players fail xD I also failed lots of times. it was or hard, or sometimes I just felt horrible while roleplaying

and once I wanted to go to hollywood...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if there is any.

People are now all about gear and fighting on NW/TW.

This.
    There were once quite a few in the days of old, but such an activity has become near non-existent. There were a few small guilds who used to do it, and a friend of mine also met a few random RPers just by hanging around (and I once did as well)...

I'm almost certain that most of them are gone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe I'm just weird, but the idea of roleplay in pwi sounds a bit awkward. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey baby, how about we go behind the tree and I show you my Penetrator.
    edited February 2013
    Maybe I'm just weird, but the idea of roleplay in pwi sounds a bit awkward. b:surrender

It can be quite entertaining, and there's quite a good deal of material to work with but there are just as many things that can interrupt or shatter a good RP...

Looking at you, Duke Blake...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey baby, how about we go behind the tree and I show you my Penetrator.

the penetrator is so 2008, the new in weapon is stellar vibrations b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    the penetrator is so 2008, the new in weapon is stellar vibrations b:avoid

I'll give Stellar Vibrations to a good Bonelicker. b:dirty
  • getdenoobedkk
    getdenoobedkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -Snip-
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm too scared to even click that link. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I might role play my chars on the forum for a story, but I have no creative ideas since I am too busy with work. b:surrender Darn it, got to work tomorrow...
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    -Snip-

The puns are bad enough but barely tolerable. Unfortunately, that bit crosses the line between tolerable and "just plain no" territory.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The puns are bad enough but barely tolerable. Unfortunately, that bit crosses the line between tolerable and "just plain no" territory.

Here she comes to save the day!

Fighting crime and beating evil all day!

OPKossy! The superhero of the forums!

I guess. I'm bored. Make the forums fun please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2013
    Here she comes to save the day!

Fighting crime and beating evil all day!

OPKossy! The superhero of the forums!

I guess. I'm bored. Make the forums fun please.

Isn't that what your transgender clone you spend long nights alone with at Swamp of the Wraiths for? b:question
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    Isn't that what your transgender clone you spend long nights alone with at Swamp of the Wraiths for? b:question

I don't even know what you just said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2013
    Good. I'll let you and your odd mind think of your own crazy ideas.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    Good. I'll let you and your odd mind think of your own crazy ideas.

That is a mistake my dear Kossy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure that Dreamweaver Zanryu will whack you outside the head if you get out of line... but we're well beyond this thread's topic and should leave it alone now unless we have something more relevant to add.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure that Dreamweaver Zanryu will whack you outside the head if you get out of line... but we're well beyond this thread's topic and should leave it alone now unless we have something more relevant to add.

Oh fairest Kossy, doth thou wish to roleplay with me? We could frolic in the flowery fields of Sanctuary or fight off evil wraiths! Oh what fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been playing this game since 2009 and I've noticed I had quite a change of habits.

I used to write fanfictions, based mostly on Anime and Video Games, I even used to draw a little, but after 3 years, I noticed that I've lost my vein of imagination, I can't even think of the simplest story.

Maybe PWI/online games in general kinda killed my fantasy ? (just like people use to say about TV).

That being said, people should try to roleplay on online games like this, just to keep your fantasy alive and pulsing, and don't let this game dry it up like an autumn leaf...keep playing, but keep dreaming !
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited February 2013
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

are u the reborn Mr. Hands?
  • _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    read MEH loool

1. Transmit unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. Profanity filter dodging and filtered words/statements with clear vulgar intent will also be considered outright violations.
    2. Post or transmit sexually explicit images, text or other content that is deemed by PWE staff to be offensive.

ofc, ofc, sure... bishes please:D you guys are nothing, you are 0, ya have no ballz mon

now I will get bannedb:laugh
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Eh, as much as I love RP and a good story, it just doesn't work in PWI. People are focused on their own profits.

I recently experienced a little RP on another game but the atmosphere there is way different. No buying your gears, no ksing, instead just being able to work together. Just a casual teaming up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2013
    are u the reborn Mr. Hands?

Well...

b:chuckle
  • Lady_Shina - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Shina - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I recently quit playing another MMORPG that once had a strong roleplaying community that began dying off and is now excluded to small cliques that are nearly impossible to get in to. No longer having fun I couldn't justify paying $15 a month for the game and have been looking at other MMOs hopping to find one with a strong roleplaying community.

Though PWI doesn't seem to have much roleplaying it has a lot of potential for building story lines and forging character relationships. I'd be more than happy to join any group available. I'm still new to the game and am willing to make a character on whatever server has the largest RP community.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ..Wasn't there a rp group in Heaven's Tear or Sanctury back whenever? I remember always wanted to join that because I adore roleplaying, but well, I'm on dreamweaver so. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    ..Wasn't there a rp group in Heaven's Tear or Sanctury back whenever? I remember always wanted to join that because I adore roleplaying, but well, I'm on dreamweaver so. b:surrender

I'm the school teacher and you can be the girl who failed my class but really REALLY needs that A. b:shy

Oh, wait.. not that kind of roleplaying huh?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm the school teacher and you can be the girl who failed my class but really REALLY needs that A. b:shy

Oh, wait.. not that kind of roleplaying huh?

And one of the other teachers makes you play some sort of ping pong game or whatever so they'll give you the papers relevant to their class right o_O?
    I mean.

Yeah probabily the closest I've done to any sort of roleplaying in-game was my fail LA psy had an attitude so whenever I was on her we'd(friends in faction) play around with words more. xD
    I used to be a really active forum roleplayer but never really got back into it the first time I dropped out of interest 'x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]