Farming DQ

Options
Deg - Lost City
Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Im asking all mighty people of pwi forums there method of farming DQ.

Couple k DQ for makeover scroll or random pigment is not a huge work, but main goal for me is event card and 50k DQ points is pretty time consuming to get.

So im asking, what is your method of gaining the wast amounts of DQ? Do you bring out your aps sin to knock down mobs one by one so you dont have to waste hp/mp pots/charms?
Or do you use your seeker to chop down a dozen of mobs?

Ofc mobs and place are important factor, i used to farm DQ in hell with mobs in my lvl range or above to maximize drop chance, i also checked, for example Underspring Water, drop rate from mobs and tried the 14% drop rate mob, but lvl difference was too high.
Post edited by Deg - Lost City on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I usually get DQ while roaming through the Chrono-Worlds (while farming cards), so Valley of the Scared and Unicorn Forest.

I know of some who run through Seat of Torment for DQ as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Honestly, even a moderately {Aps'd~Sin} can drop most mobs (w/o) real worry to ones hp charm. And a BP'd {BM/Seeker} can (Aoe farm) mobs like crazy very easily (Aswell as a Nix'd Veno) so if ya wanted too, those would be the easiest routes to gain DQs that way.

If you've also got a character High enough to enter into Momaganon, then Farming hell herbs is also a easy way to make (1.2-2 mill) in sales coin every (2 hours or so) of farming, so then its just a matter of you just buying some teles and then WC'ing that your looking to buy bulk DQ's worth 30-35 points each..

And also 1 of the npcs in the games races starting areas, also offer a (DQ points for coins exchange service aswell) I think that one is a (250 DQ point exchange / for every / 100K in coins ratio of exchange, or somewhere near that)...b:victory

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    spiders in avalanche canyon area up north seem to drop great,x2 even better.Other than that al lwe can say is keep killing..duhhhh or jsut go to some one store and purchase enough dq to get your event gold lol..most who have the stores with 100 of each dq stacks are mainly bot farmed anyways.

Or make a shop,buy hell herbs for low,sell high but undercut the people around you for quick sale,herb sales you can double/triple profit in no time,herb stores are very reliable imo.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I buy DQ from the botter's catshops in West Archosaur pretty regularly.

That's one nice thing about PWI GMs not doing anything...an abundance of 35 dq point items for 9k-11k each.
  • Deg - Lost City
    Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I could just buy 50k DQ but im actually one of the people who enjoy farming and i guess im just looking for best place to farm 99lvl+ mobs.

I enjoy playing all my chars but seeker is my favorite farming vise.

In years running around i have been everywhere and have my favorite spots, but recently have noticed that mobs drop less times then ever even during x2, tho x2 just effects amount dropped not drop chance it selfe.

So im seeking a professional opinion, lets say for a seeker 100lvl, must be melee phy mobs, must spawn relatively close or in groups.

Considering that DQ is quite valuable item in pwi and a way of getting free charms, refine aids etc. Would be cool if there would be a pinned guide on best places for each class to farm DQ, maybe it would encourage more people to roam empty lands of pwi.

Speaking about 30/35 DQ
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Heroic chests from the rep sale last year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    Honestly, even a moderately {Aps'd~Sin} can drop most mobs (w/o) real worry to ones hp charm. And a BP'd {BM/Seeker} can (Aoe farm) mobs like crazy very easily (Aswell as a Nix'd Veno) so if ya wanted too, those would be the easiest routes to gain DQs that way.

If you've also got a character High enough to enter into Momaganon, then Farming hell herbs is also a easy way to make (1.2-2 mill) in sales coin every (2 hours or so) of farming, so then its just a matter of you just buying some teles and then WC'ing that your looking to buy bulk DQ's worth 30-35 points each..

And also 1 of the npcs in the games races starting areas, also offer a (DQ points for coins exchange service aswell) I think that one is a (250 DQ point exchange / for every / 100K in coins ratio of exchange, or somewhere near that)...b:victory

I dont think those parentheses are necesary....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I tried farming all mobs for dq items mostly. I lie, not all, but most. I have tried bq mobs, i have tried goothe, mobs in chrono, mobs in tt, mobs running around nilly willy. Doing a tm 69 run and picking the drops b:shocked (crazy idea right).

At the end, it is about efficiency and repitition. It takes me 8~16 days to get one demon sage card. I set a target to get a stack of 100~300 dq items each day.

My personal favourite are goothe, avalanche canyon. I am farming all the demenol books. I have 5/8, and 4/8. Multiples for 3 of them. Sure the rate is not as good as other spots, but it works for me.

Mobs in hell are awesome.

Mobs in chrono world as well.

Just have to find the right fit for yourself.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I dont think those parentheses are necesary....

LOL!!!b:chuckle

I already knew that, but its something I choose to do that way anyways....b:laugh

b:pleased (Forums & Blogs) seldom try too have any of us write at Kurt Vaughnaget's /or/ H.C. Bukowski's levels, thats whats so good about them....b:laugh

"But yes your correct, those parentheses aren't really needed there, lolzzzz (But neither are all the (periods) we all use at the end of our sentences on the forums and blogs (But we all still keep using them anyways) English teachers would so love us..."
    b:victory
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Valley of Scarred and Avalanche village have always been my favourite places to farm DQ.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    b:victoryMORAIb:victory