Petition to switch our R9 Third cast Model with China's R9 Third cast Model

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hmm, maybe there needs to be a Discussion on what model we should use :p
    Seems like things still need to be Discussed Generally before we can present it officially.

I think we can agree in principle that the current models are lousy since they are visual copies of cheap gear. Just getting that point across to china would hopefully prompt them to look at some of the unused options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Buff_me
    Buff_me Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Totally agreed.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can i change my vote from no to yes lol. Just seen BMs gear and....... well for the most part our current R9RR is better on alot of stuff the CN on has well main interest for me -int on BMs chest and 30 str on wrists with -5% mag damage taken on boots with higher res. Overall there isn't a huge difference but eh.

I say though at least no -int on assassin dags.....even though assassins pretty much suck now and can be easily 1-2 shot unless high geared and even then they are weak but still -int and GoF is hax.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can i change my vote from no to yes lol. Just seen BMs gear and....... well for the most part our current R9RR is better on alot of stuff the CN on has well main interest for me -int on BMs chest and 30 str on wrists with -5% mag damage taken on boots with higher res. Overall there isn't a huge difference but eh.

I say though at least no -int on assassin dags.....even though assassins pretty much suck now and can be easily 1-2 shot unless high geared and even then they are weak but still -int and GoF is hax.

Its not about the gear stats, its about the gear appearance. R999 Gear here looks like retextured bad gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i know lol i just want my -int chest =P but the appearances eh not to bad but current bow looks like **** honestly.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think we can agree in principle that the current models are lousy since they are visual copies of cheap gear. Just getting that point across to china would hopefully prompt them to look at some of the unused options.

Yes, regardless of what model they choose, they should definitely change it to something else. However, I've heard from one of our moderator (forget which) that these weapons are exclusive to our version only. If that is the case, shouldn't we be able to change their appearances? Or did I understand wrong?

Anyway, I was just hoping someone can link a general discussion thread to this post :P
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • HolyPowerz - Harshlands
    HolyPowerz - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There is actually another group of unused weapon designs (group 27) http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a

That Bow looks Pimp.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There is actually another group of unused weapon designs (group 27) http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a

That Bow looks Pimp.

were linked a few pages back already, but yea. the group 26 looks better though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cenrick - Raging Tide
    Cenrick - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Bump i wonder if gm's even care bout this threadb:surrender
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i support this Z, thought about it myself, think its a joke how R9RR look atm. i mean, R9 has unique look, but R9RR is just a copy of other gears.

for armors, should use the chinese R9RR, and for weapons, well should change it to something unique.

and technically it shouldnt be hard to change the look only. if the game is well coded, there should be files with the texture, and weapon should have references to these textures, so would have the change the reference only :P
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That second link (http://imgur.com/a/XfouJ) isnt actually china's models but they are still unused (it's weapon group 26).
    China's third cast r9 weapon looks same as normal r9 weapon but their armor looks totally unique:
    http://ecatomb.net/armor-rod.php

He's just asking for the looks to not be lame Morai copies

Oh wow, I love that wizzie armor. I think that's even better than fashion it's so pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bump!
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i cant vote yes or no

since i can understand it for most of the other classes, that u want the changes for me as bm and my personal taste i like dervish more than the china axes...

its not only the look, its also the size... i dont want my end game axes to be tiny and cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If we really want to push support for this, perhaps we can try bringing it to the GM's attention ourselves? o:
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Just saw this post. I highly agree! The light blue on the cleric weapon would match my typically light blue fashion MUCH much better.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes Pleassee
  • thegreatconquero
    thegreatconquero Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If GM will not do this we will not play for one year!jk!
  • Steellust - Sanctuary
    Steellust - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Need a change, especially the bow...the thing is horrible! It looks like the back side of half a rib cage exposed... LOL want a bone arrow to go with that!!!
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's never going to happen. Unless the suggestion makes them money, there will never be a change. Like i've said a million times, this is a thought out plan in the making for probably a year or more before r9s3 was actually released. Those unused skins will probably be used for r9s4 or r10. R9s4/R10 is already in the works. Being that they just released R9s3, these other upgrades probably won't get release till sometime next year or later. They need tons of people to get R9s3, spend lots of money, then come out with something new, so people can say damnnnnnn i should have waiting, and make them spend more. It's all about the money for them. A wep skin change will not happen.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Need a change, especially the bow...the thing is horrible! It looks like the back side of half a rib cage exposed... LOL want a bone arrow to go with that!!!

Yeah I saw an archer with the r9rr bow yesterday, and was like... 'please, change it, if only for them p-p'
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    also, if they do make a change, it's not gonna be for those that already have R9s3, it's gonna be for those that haven't gotten it yet. It would be too much of an update in the game for them to pick out all the people that have R9s3 and change the look. I'm thinking, if they do make this change, those that are not yet R9s3, will have the new look. this will also make people that don't have the new look, want to go out and make a new toon to get the new wep look. I seriously doubt it will happen, but it would be a good thing.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Kattywompus - Dreamweaver
    Kattywompus - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I agree with this, I would like to see r9 third recast have its own unique skin!
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bump

PS : doubt it will ever happen, since the weapon fashion thing should be out one day or an other ;p
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bump

PS : doubt it will ever happen, since the weapon fashion thing should be out one day or an other ;p

Weapon fash just makes it even harder to tell whos third cast or not, and it doesn't make the weapons look any better, lmao.
    also, if they do make a change, it's not gonna be for those that already have R9s3, it's gonna be for those that haven't gotten it yet. It would be too much of an update in the game for them to pick out all the people that have R9s3 and change the look. I'm thinking, if they do make this change, those that are not yet R9s3, will have the new look. this will also make people that don't have the new look, want to go out and make a new toon to get the new wep look. I seriously doubt it will happen, but it would be a good thing.

I don't understand where you're coming from. If they change it, everyone would receive the change. Unless they make an entirely new set of weapons. But in that case, they're doing unnecessary work.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options

FWIW when the pillar pet was changed accidentally, it was changed for everyone that had gotten one. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • moonprinses
    moonprinses Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    bump this thread to keep it alive b:bye
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Weapon fash just makes it even harder to tell whos third cast or not, and it doesn't make the weapons look any better, lmao.

agreed, but that way they want us to buy more things from boutique :P
  • Tacobutt - Harshlands
    Tacobutt - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i hate when the same thing gets posted twice

bump
    this xmas i wanna see a baby jesus some where in game for event make it random hide and seek out baby jesus i wanna win prizes
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Pssst! That set is what the rank 10 will look like b:mischievousb:quietb:quiet
  • Kuruaie - Harshlands
    Kuruaie - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

This could actually be relatively simple to change, albeit as long as how it is changed is done. It's most likely as pain free as switching the model packs within the client folder and patching to that theory. No selective searching by GMs required, as anyone who patches the game, (as we all do every Tuesday/Wednesday) will receive the change then.

---

As before said, these models switch only the appearance, and perhaps the G effects of those models. (I.E. Glow/Gleam/Glitter) No change to stats would be applied so this can't "Break the game" as others have complained about. On that note, if you're whining about a broken game being broken, maybe you should play something that doesn't require skill, time, or money. Since you clearly have none of these things or you're just crying to be crying. Perhaps, board games are right for you?

Back to the topic at hand, these particular models are not only a good deal more pleasing to the eye, they're downright sexy. Even if they are simply models that are not applied anywhere yet, R9 3rd cast seems to be a great place to put them. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]