Help on windows 8

Protarius - Archosaur
Protarius - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Support Desk
Hi guys, plz help, i am going crazy here. Bought a new computer, and installed Windows 8. First thing i do, download pwi.... and guess what... doesnt work.... anyone that knows how to make it work on Windows 8?

I already tried:

1.- Run it as admin

2.- Change the compatibility modes (tried it with every option available, non solved the problem).

3.- Lower the security lvl so it didn't ask for permision.

Any idea?

Ty!
Post edited by Protarius - Archosaur on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well we would need to know why it isn't working. Or rather, what your specific issue is.

I can think of several solutions off the top of my head, but without a direction to head in, spouting answers vaguely is just pointless. You would be better off searching the forum because it's likely that your issue has been answered already.

If you would like to let us know exactly how it isn't working and/or the errors you are encountering, I'm certain we have the answers for you.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • djdmc
    djdmc Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    # 1 Can't get game to download
    01-30-2013, 01:05 AM

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Hi! I just finished the initial game download, and when I try to run it I get a note pad saying

[autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

I really want to try playing =( anyone have any idea of how I can fix?
  • djdmc
    djdmc Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I found the above to work for installing the game with windows 8.

I cant seem to multi-client yet. From my old laptop (windows 7) it was create a shortcut on element client in the c drive game properties. Any ideas on multi-client on windows 8?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    djdmc wrote: »
    I found the above to work for installing the game with windows 8.

I cant seem to multi-client yet. From my old laptop (windows 7) it was create a shortcut on element client in the c drive game properties. Any ideas on multi-client on windows 8?

Multi-clienting on 8 is the same as 7.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Protarius - Archosaur
    Protarius - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, I think I didnt specified well where the issue is. I downloaded the installer: PWI_EN_v676_Installer.

Double click it, system askes me if to execute file, I click yes.

After that, nothing happens, the installer never starts.

I tried to open as administrator as said by djdmc..... same thing, askes if to execute, and then nothing.

Then I lowered the security so it didnt ask me if to run the program or not, same thing, double click installer, and nothing.

Tried to change in the properties of the installer to run it with compatibility mode for every Windows option..... same result, the installer never starts.

Of course I have tried lowering the security and at the same time the other procedures mentioned..

Does this help to clear up a little what my problem is?

Please help.... have been over two months I havent been able to play...b:sad
  • Imperiousa - Sanctuary
    Imperiousa - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a friend having the same issue goes to download asks where to save tell it to desktop and click yes and nadda!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanx to ღ ∂ια∂∂єσ ღ ~ ◁ηιηα▷ for siggy!! f:grin

Imperiousa~Sage Venomancer lvl 103,
    Anjelara~Sage Cleric lvl 101,
    Raven_Loft~Demon Mystic lvl 101,
    PhageUntchbl~Demon Assassin lvl 101
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    I have a friend having the same issue goes to download asks where to save tell it to desktop and click yes and nadda!!!!!!!!
    1. You should be a bit more descriptive. Looks like you can't even download Oando in order to download the client so that you can install it.

2. Use the Torrent Method. I'll even quote it below...
    1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Click on the "Download Torrent" link on the Downloads page.
    3. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v676_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v676_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    4. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    5. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "utorrent\Downloads\PWI_v676_Installer".
    6. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.)
    7. Follow the directions to install the client.
    8. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    9. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches needed to bring the client up to date and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    10. Play

Read step 1 carefully. >.<
    If you follow those steps exactly you cannot fail.
    If you did fail, then you skipped a step.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]