bots 4, players 1

Comments

• Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok lets say for sake of humor we entertain Mogwai`s "Theory". If by chance PWI or GM`s are botting to give the illusion of a more active server..And to provide Mats at a lower price for Pot/Subs etc..Im fine with that, i like this game i want it to continue as long as possible..but can we get some dad gum deals from time to time...i mean if this is PWI doing it..least we now they dont need the coins were giveing them..just our $

but since its a crackpot idea b:bye
  • Melami - Heavens Tear
    Melami - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bots will happen whether we like it or not unfortunately :/
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And that my dear is also BANABLE!! =\

who gives a flying monkey if they bot - i sure as heck don't ... stop wasting your time and stop QQing about it on the forums...it is their choice how they play the game

bot = robot ... an ancient Chinese word meaning without mind.
    Exactly how does one grief something that couldn't care?
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have videos of bots in heaven, from today, submitted tickets and reported all 4 for hacking.
    No doubt they will still be there next week.
    As for "GMs need to log into the game more often"
    Don't you mean "GMs need to ACTUALLY log into the game"
    IMO they need to stop being these mythical beings that no one is sure even exist.
    Come on PWI! Get the GMs to actually sort basic things like this out or recruit some GMs from the player base who actually care about their servers because the currant ones don't seem to care very much. Im sorry that needed to be said. Its the truth. Even tickets the supposedly fool proof system does nothing.
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mogwai wrote: »

not sure if trolling or said that to make it sound cooler, but the actual word robot was used for the first time between the world wars, in the play R.U.R. (Rosum's Universal Robots) written by a Czech writer
    *goes back to nerd corner* had to do it! b:surrender
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Botters should be perma banned, thats my 2 cents.

Some botters mains are R9 3rd recast from botting, not cash shoppers like some assume.

PermaBan the Bot and their main character.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Hehe i expected a pwi pic from someone botting but that pic made me laugh b:victory
    I hate Room 38
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    not sure if trolling or said that to make it sound cooler, but the actual word robot was used for the first time between the world wars, in the play R.U.R. (Rosum's Universal Robots) written by a Czech writer
    *goes back to nerd corner* had to do it! b:surrender
    I'm an old school sci-fi enthusiast (noot geek or nerd lol) I'm not gonna use google no no no. there is an old Chinese word starting with an H which describes it, iirc there are some Roman & a couple other civilizations which have/had use words to describe something similar. Anyways, it doesn't matter if ya call it waffledom, the issue remains.

btw i'm the op, I don't troll my own threads. Besides I made a resolution to troll less, which was hardly at all anyways b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • getdenoobedkk
    getdenoobedkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mogwai wrote: »

Absolute nonsense!

Word ROBOT derived from Slavic languages, in many Slavic languages such as Russian , Czech etc

Robota - means Work. so, robot is something that works by itself.
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    >_> lol... Um, well i can honestly say this is a total non-issue on pvp servers. Lmao

Especially since the addition of spoils of war. Don't QQ about botters, just steal their DQ and profit from them! A friend of mine hunts them during 2x and has gotten TONS of DQ drops. b:chuckle
  • Clayne - Lost City
    Clayne - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Especially since the addition of spoils of war. Don't QQ about botters, just steal their DQ and profit from them! A friend of mine hunts them during 2x and has gotten TONS of DQ drops. b:chuckle

There is such a thing called doll (guardian scroll), and it makes the sins can't steal the dq even if they use their skill. b:surrender
  • Darendo - Sanctuary
    Darendo - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Saw this thread whilst listening to "Bot" by deadmau5 :P
    The tao that can be told
    is not the eternal Tao
    The name that can be named
    is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
    Naming is the origin
    of all particular things.
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    Saw this thread whilst listening to "Bot" by deadmau5 :P

grats on 90. don't forget to screenie, video, & then report the bots in heaven/hell whilst your gathering herbs.
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To this day i still wonder how many people thought i was a bot. I would grind back in the day for hours and almost never talk to anyone even if they messaged me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    There are a few ppl involved in this forum who when a bot thread crops up always say something similar. Kinda makes it look like more ppl don't reply.
    Dropping a simple 'hi' would eliminate any suspicion & would be in your own best interest.
  • Tacobutt - Harshlands
    Tacobutt - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so if you get rid of all the bots who is going to grind for hours to feed everyones coin addiction? gold prices will drop to what they where when i started 300k and everyone will be happy right even the godly credit card users? i say leave them they make things easier to obtain. they make the coin river flow!
    this xmas i wanna see a baby jesus some where in game for event make it random hide and seek out baby jesus i wanna win prizes
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    so if you get rid of all the bots who is going to grind for hours to feed everyones coin addiction? gold prices will drop to what they where when i started 300k and everyone will be happy right even the godly credit card users? i say leave them they make things easier to obtain. they make the coin river flow!

Stimulating the economy would count on ppl learning to be more self reliant...competing with each other to make a sale by undercutting someone else, finding temporary niche's, & generally being a smarter, more informed merchant. Doing this would also help eliminate so many alts involved with various factions by spending more time grind/farming, and learning how to actually play along the way.

Relying on botters for 'cheap' mats only reaches a point of stagnation,...they're bots! this means they also don't care about selling the mats for coins or we'd see A LOT more of them cramming the AH full. They probably just npc a majority of the mats anyways & are counting on DQ's & free lv up.
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    So today I reported a botting barb, he had almost 3K mats in his inventory. Most the mats he was digging he was dropping cuz inventory was full.

It was mats to make BH69 wine. So anyway I sent in some suggestions along with the report. I hope PWI does 1 or all of these.

1.) Perma Ban Botting Acct
    2.) Perma Ban Bots Main Acct (can tell by trading mats/coins)
    3.) Confiscate the Mats that were gathered from Botting
    4.) Fine the Bot 1 Billion coins, first offense, and each offense thereafter double the fine.

Then Botting wont be worth it to them anymore at least if fines are implemented.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    haywiz wrote: »
    So today I reported a botting barb, he had almost 3K mats in his inventory. Most the mats he was digging he was dropping cuz inventory was full.

It was mats to make BH69 wine. So anyway I sent in some suggestions along with the report. I hope PWI does 1 or all of these.

1.) Perma Ban Botting Acct
    2.) Perma Ban Bots Main Acct (can tell by trading mats/coins)
    3.) Confiscate the Mats that were gathered from Botting
    4.) Fine the Bot 1 Billion coins, first offense, and each offense thereafter double the fine.

Then Botting wont be worth it to them anymore at least if fines are implemented.

Why not just perma IP ban the IP that the bot was using? That basically bans ALL of the accounts that person has.

If one of the bots logs back in, add the IP to the list.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    Problem is I dont think PWI really Perma Bans any accounts.

So at least they should do something to cut down on botting.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    haywiz wrote: »
    Problem is I dont think PWI really Perma Bans any accounts.

So at least they should do something to cut down on botting.

not perma bans but i know several who got banned for 500k mins (347 days)

for talking trash to someone that a gm heard. so its ok to cheat the game jsut dont offend nobody. also it will take them years to correct the botting problem no joke. I left a certian game to come to this one cause they refused to deal with it till years later and guess what 3 years trying to get rid of botters and still is a problem lol. Honestly everyone should just bot and force the issue when zero $$$$$$ is rolling there way. But honestly would be just like goons, wont do sheeeeeeet. They probably would just shut the game down.

I have no more confidence in val then i did frankie. sorry. b:bye
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol my post got deleted, not like everyone doesn't know how the company "works" anyways.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why not just perma IP ban the IP that the bot was using? That basically bans ALL of the accounts that person has.

If one of the bots logs back in, add the IP to the list.

This is the most ridiculous post i've ever seen. In today's world, people can change their IP like they change their clothes.
    And if we look at it from a different angle(like a college dorm IP) and from what you're saying, if one of the person in that college dorm uses a bot and they ban the IP, other ppl who also play pwi from that same dorm are permanently banned as well? What's this nonsense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWI want do a thing about the bots, i myself tried and tried to get some banned on my server.i know a wizard and a sin that bot on dreamweaver server and there still playing. we cant beat them neither will pwi bann them. my best decision is cant beat em join em. google pwi bots. there is a start. then they will have alot more bots and no one will make coin
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWI want do a thing about the bots, i myself tried and tried to get some banned on my server.i know a wizard and a sin that bot on dreamweaver server and there still playing. we cant beat them neither will pwi bann them. my best decision is cant beat em join em. google pwi bots. there is a start. then they will have alot more bots and no one will make coin

b:laugh u alway cry about bot, why 2x dyn member bot all time. why u protect ur own guild member? why wait ru bot
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    didnt see any bot for a long long long time.......................
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    didnt see any bot for a long long long time.......................

Then you didn't play this game for a long long long time.......................

On Lost City server there are many bots, some of them are active for several months or even years now. I could name and shame them, but unfortunately forum rules protect them.

No one cares about them, neither GMs nor RPKer (they are all too busy with killing lower geared toons/ toons with lower lvl).

PWI rule No.1: There are rules. But no one will enforce them.
    PWI rule No.2: Break the rules, and you will get awarded.
    edited February 2013
    why 2x dyn member bot all time. why u protect ur own guild member? why wait ru bot

1st of all if i ever did see a member bot i would speak out against it
    edited February 2013
    why wait ru bot

this is coming from the botmaster himself. u bot and we all know it. when u had ur sig up u hadover 2 mill+ dq points....that is alot of botting fay. also to point out i never see u farm in hell, or heaven. your always selling herb and apo and cheap prices and u never buy or sale apo/herb. and your asking me if i bot ? coming from a man that really does bot. where is ur sig at bottom when u reply to a message with the 2+ mill dq points rallied up from someone who used bots to farm DQ and farm Herb. sounds like u need to sit down and not ever reply in this section 6-1-25 botmaster