EU Server-Merge confirmed

RankNine - Momaganon
RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
had to remove quote because the forum is being stupid and cuts the post.

(source: http://pwi-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=48071 )

everyone that considered moving to the EU-Servers for better event times - get ready :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
Post edited by RankNine - Momaganon on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here are news about confirmed merge.
    Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your time and for your votes, you were very numerous to give us your opinion and it's good to see that so many of you feel concerned with the future of PWI in Europe (and other parts of the world joining us).

We now have completed the survey on the Lothranis and Momaganon server merge! We are happy to say that almost 2000 persons participated. The results include an equal share of votes from each of the concerned sides with roughly 30 - 35% of the votes coming from the DE, EN and FR survey.

And now the results:

72% are in favor of the server merge
    59% are in favor of the Morai name
    84% are in favor of the PvE server

We can now officially announce that there will be a server merge as the number of players in favor of it is even higher than we expected.

In the tradition of the existing servers, the new server's name will also be based on a specific region of the PWI map. Most of you agreed with us that Morai would be a good choice. As you know it's the name of one of the latest areas of the game and a popular one for high level characters. Furthermore it is not language-specific, making it equally understandable for players no matter where they originate from. For all these reasons we thought the name was appropriate and you proved us right.

Lothranis and Momaganon were initially PvE servers and most of you joined them for this reason (besides other reasons of course, such as EU time schedule, language preferences and server hosting location.) You very clearly demonstrated that the PvE server is still the most popular choice and therefore Morai will remain a PvE server.

The exact date of the merge will be announced in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    we already knew, ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thats really great and all, but its still no server transfer system, so kinda makes it still obsolete too half of euros who have been playing for a long timeb:cry

Although it is a step in the right direction.b:victory
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I voted for the merge to be PVP. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Could have simply checked the email they sent to everyone...
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    everyone...
    I didn't get a mail, although I participated at the poll b:avoid

Thank you for posting the info!
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Could have simply checked the email they sent to everyone...

That email only had the link to the poll, but the results were confirmed just today.

Looking forward to it! b:thanks
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    people from other servers didnt know this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heh well, hope the new server will be more lively o.o still not planning to reroll over there. No server transfer heh and friends here...I'm used to not participating in events anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will push NW items up in price.. No more Canny/Rap 7/35 k each.. IJS b:bye
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To every european thats non german or french - you can come to the merged server! Its going to be ENGLISH server, not german or french like before.

I know some people stayed in america servers because they were afraid they won't understand the server language.
    I also was afraid of this when I first came to german server (I learned german only 3 years at school and it was a long ago) and I still see some in game announces in german server that are black magic for me and I must ask people to translate even though most people in german server use english while speaking to other players. The problem will diseapear after merge. So it language barrier is the only thing that prevents you from coming to a server with right event times (personally I would never go to NW at 3AM in monday!) - consider joining new Morai, EU server. b:victory (or, in case you want to start ealier and don't want to wait - join FR or DE server to get some lvls/gear before they merge)
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Could be tempted to make a new char at some point - can see then fun in events and dayli stuf at CET time instead of CET+6 :)

Just hope that English will be more used than last time I was on Momaganon were most ppl i talked to spoke german and a bit english(can be the case i meet the few there wasn't good at english tho)

Gonna be quite a "quest" to get a lvl +90 char there - without doing the hyper baby lvling :)
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    congrats to ppl who play in EU server
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    finally! we ll get some serious challenge on brand new eu server...

to who is evaluating if to move or not to move on eu server, consider that endgame gear mats cost is kind of 75% less than US servers : >

i moved myself from harshlands quite few time ago and must say that i didnt have to struggle to play there as i supposed to (u can find pts for anything at any hour)

enjoy
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    84% are in favor of the PvE server

that's an interesting result... I know people in general like pve but that many?

it's not surprising because the old eu servers were pve but I feel a bit disappointed in these results b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To every european thats non german or french - you can come to the merged server! Its going to be ENGLISH server, not german or french like before.

Bad idea coz if they make new toons in new merged European server, it's going to be overpopulated, then pwi might have to make a second new english european server, which might be underpopulated.b:sad
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We should have all servers from each region merged into one server total (East Coast, West Coast and EU). PVE or PVP make no difference anymore due to this game being more instance then world map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    that's an interesting result... I know people in general like pve but that many?

it's not surprising because the old eu servers were pve but I feel a bit disappointed in these results b:surrender

Maybe because PvP its broken in this game?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As much as I'd love to be able to take part in all events, giving up 4 years of play and my awesome friends here...? Nope.

Besides, nothing really new to me since I could have swapped to the German server when it came out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Valesska - Momaganon
    Valesska - Momaganon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So it language barrier is the only thing that prevents you from coming to a server with right event times (personally I would never go to NW at 3AM in monday!) - consider joining new Morai, EU server. b:victory (or, in case you want to start ealier and don't want to wait - join FR or DE server to get some lvls/gear before they merge)

Hehe is it veiled message that merge will bring much pain and bloodsheet after giants of both servers clash to gain supremacy over new/old server b:chuckle

But if that merge bring some european players form american server we could just enjoy that influx of the people on soon to be Morai server b:pleased
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

+1 i got disappointed aswell, a pvp server is better and more challenging over all the aspects also a pvp server would attract surely more new players than a pve one could do
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    +1 i got disappointed aswell, a pvp server is better and more challenging over all the aspects also a pvp server would attract surely more new players than a pve one could do

PVE makes it more everyone friendly. Not everyone wants to be attacked while just out questing or something and lose gear. A lot of people like the safety of a PVE server. You can also PVP on a PVE server, you just can only kill people who also want to PVP, instead of being an *** and killing anyone whether or not they want to participate.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    disgunbegud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thats all nice and good but it wont help people trapped here.

There is NO WAY i start all over NO WAY. And since i can't change from Harshlands to Morai because there is no Server Transfer System this news dont help me and other people with simillar problems at all.

The community manager here said something like we look into times for NW to make it more accessible for non NA People , he said something like its his top priority.

What happend ? Nothing !
    I practically stopped playing pwi because it make no sense to be excluded from the most fun event that is also mandatory to upgrade yourself.

Good job PWI

/an incredibly frustrated player
    I hate Room 38
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thats all nice and good but it wont help people trapped here.

There is NO WAY i start all over NO WAY. And since i can't change from Harshlands to Morai because there is no Server Transfer System this news dont help me and other people with simillar problems at all.

The community manager here said something like we look into times for NW to make it more accessible for non NA People , he said something like its his top priority.

What happend ? Nothing !
    I practically stopped playing pwi because it make no sense to be excluded from the most fun event that is also mandatory to upgrade yourself.

Good job PWI

/an incredibly frustrated player

The point of this was to increase the player population of the EU servers, not to convenience players who have already rolled on east/west coast servers, now sit down and quit the rage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to see crowded TWs and also even more challenging NWs b:pleased

Best idea ever!
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PVE makes it more everyone friendly. Not everyone wants to be attacked while just out questing

lol questing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Unholly - Lothranis
    Unholly - Lothranis Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    +1 i got disappointed aswell, a pvp server is better

really? like to here why you think that b:cute

@Momaganon players - Unskilled Assassioun incoming!
    How do i amuse myself?
    Sometimes i count to 1000 and back down again, usually i get stuck on 3

YouTube: youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Crixxy - Momaganon
    Crixxy - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    y u gotta hate on me b:cry all i want is peace and love and blabla but srsly, it's quite easy if u want to start over on these servers. There aren't many merchers so u can easily start merching and earn fast money or gold trading b:bye
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    really? like to here why you think that b:cute

@Momaganon players - Unskilled Assassioun incoming!

buymeR9r3plzbby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.