NW farmer

mogwai
mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Nation Wars
Hi all it's me again with more positive feedback for the community & possibly the entertainment of our hostseses. b:pleased

Recently i took advantage of the Dreamchaser promo & came to see how powerful the new armors are even without sharding or refining. With this in mind while involved in NW, i finally took the time to make a new Barbarian exclusively for NW by utilizing primarily what comes in the Dreamchaser Pack(s) & then some affordable gems, lv2 tome, & about 30 mirages (i didn't count them). Also, i put on an Eye of the Jungle belt & Wild Mane Mantle because they are currently in abundance & way better.

keeping in mind...
-free HP/MP charms daily up to & including lv 60.
-the working theory that your involvement (damage dealt/received), counts towards your personal contribution, mostly with the latter in mind.
-barbs are furry.

here is the result.
All relevant skills for HP, defense, damage, & run speed need to be maxed to lv 60.
Most importantly you need to stack gear str/dex adds while retaining a bunch of points until you get to lv 47 (for the last ring set).
Granted, anyone could do quite better than this example by switching gear or better tome etc, i just wanted to show what a more-or-less raw Dreamchaser Barb looks like.

take notice to...
-HP 12,134 double of my 101 char.
-speed 7.7 with apo it's near cap (lv 60 apo only). OR go ahead & take it up to lv 75 for 200% apo. But then no more free charms.
-phys def 6,256 better than most Light Armor at 100.
(couldnt put an O'Mallies on, wasn't on the site when this was made).

Yes, compared to geared lv 99+ who have spent gross amounts of time refining their characters this one seems entirely weak, which it would be. The focus is damage taken & the fact that often there are empty skirmishes or ones that you may get a jump on before the masses arrive.

Enjoy b:thanks

-mog
mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mogwai on

Comments

• Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    too bad even with that, it is a oneshot to any r8/t3/r9 caster which will be found at least one in every instance worth fighting in. imo not worth taking a non 100+ char to nw regardless
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually you could be lvl 69 and keep max overseer blessings. Someone can confirm how many def lvls a lvl 60-69 char get?

Plus, I'd use elemental neck and belts or doesnt matter how many def lvls you get, you be easily beated by any decent mag DD. I saw in an old thread that 60-69 chars would get 110 def lvls, if that's true 14k hp + 125 def lvls (with o'mailleys) + hp charm, you would be really good flagger with speed apots.

Ofc it wouldnt be as good as a t3/r9 barb well refined, but that might be really decent depending on how much def lvls you can get and without cost.
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    I made a new build for a lvl 69 barb spending some money in it: http://pwcalc.com/6979fb55357ceead

Helm of Aqua Viciousness - cheap and better one for a lvl 69 barb
    Plate and leggings - also cheap and a little better than dreamchaser ones
    Leggings and bracers - refine them to +5 using the orbs from pack
    Equine Talisman - best elemental neck for this lvl
    Belt - here I was in doubt between the best 3-star belt and eye of the jungle (cause of +10 str bonus, that allows more points in vit).
    Wild Mane Mantle - great +250 mag resist add.
    Demon's Heart Ring - for a little mag def bonus (better than nothing)
    Rank ring - hp add
    Axes with 2 hp shards
    Tried to shard with immaculates (helm and robe) or better shard possible and refine to +4.

Result is 14k hp, 9.6k phys def and 3.8k mag def (full buffed), and maybe 125 def levels (I'll check that today).

*14.9k hp and 3.4k mag def if using eye of the jungle.
  • gomotoy
    gomotoy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    <-- mogwai

My drive was to stay 60 for the free charms, regardless if it gets 1-shot which i don't think it will every time..the HP is there to take the beating.
    At very least i can now do 2 things, see if the 'involvement' damage received is based on HP or if its simply server tabulated ie: you got 4 HP left but then someone hits you for 2K.

As much as i would like to equip elemental belt/neck, even rings since he won't be DD'ing, i opted tor the Eye belt especially for the +10 str, secondly cause they refine nice.
    What i went ahead & did was got 5K rep for the lv 60 gear (no stats required), & i got a real low lvl hat with crazy HP on it for its lvl, also i'll probably just use a weapon lv 5 or lower not G5, level 5 b:laugh now just to find some weird boots & wrist.

I'm not totally finished yet maybe by Sunday's NW (lv 60 in 2.5 days was a bit toiling considering i do dailies on 2 other chars & a bit on another one still).

Edit: weird avi. LOL
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    Oh, & the other thing is to see how a lv 60 barb performs vs. a lv 101 good geared archer in NW.
    I made it pretty confident that it would out perform the elf, by a surprising margin.
    So if it does as i expect then be prepared for a major QQ thread in archer forum. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • humbfdljrbarb2
    humbfdljrbarb2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gomotoy wrote: »
    <-- mogwai

My drive was to stay 60 for the free charms, regardless if it gets 1-shot which i don't think it will every time..the HP is there to take the beating.
    At very least i can now do 2 things, see if the 'involvement' damage received is based on HP or if its simply server tabulated ie: you got 4 HP left but then someone hits you for 2K.

As much as i would like to equip elemental belt/neck, even rings since he won't be DD'ing, i opted tor the Eye belt especially for the +10 str, secondly cause they refine nice.
    What i went ahead & did was got 5K rep for the lv 60 gear (no stats required), & i got a real low lvl hat with crazy HP on it for its lvl, also i'll probably just use a weapon lv 5 or lower not G5, level 5 b:laugh now just to find some weird boots & wrist.

I'm not totally finished yet maybe by Sunday's NW (lv 60 in 2.5 days was a bit toiling considering i do dailies on 2 other chars & a bit on another one still).

Edit: weird avi. LOL

Which charms are you talking about? I thought it was the one you get between lvl 50-60, but if you get it only once why not lvl up to 69 later (in case this build works)?

2 good advantages of this build is much lower repair costs and really low charm cost (compared to high hp barbs).

And please, tell us if this worked for you. xD
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This looks like a fun idea.

Good luck to you tonight!
  • lauvijax
    lauvijax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Which charms are you talking about? I thought it was the one you get between lvl 50-60, but if you get it only once why not lvl up to 69 later (in case this build works)?

2 good advantages of this build is much lower repair costs and really low charm cost (compared to high hp barbs).

And please, tell us if this worked for you. xD

lvl 1-60 players can get free daily hp/mp charms. if take charm in previous day soon before midnight and before tw then can have 2 hp and 2 mp charms for each nw
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    lauvijax wrote: »
    lvl 1-60 players can get free daily hp/mp charms. if take charm in previous day soon before midnight and before tw then can have 2 hp and 2 mp charms for each nw

lol, I didnt know we could get those charms daily, I thought it was only 1 charm every 10 lvls. So it's really a good idea to keep barb at lvl 60.

Maybe I'll try to lvl up a barb and experiment that in raging tides server. xD
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    quote, quote, quote, & quote...

Yes the charms are daily.
    I keep a lv 44 psy with the new Dreamchaser armor (LA) all maxed out for genie lvling in PV. (rawks)
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    too bad even with that, it is a oneshot to any r8/t3/r9 caster which will be found at least one in every instance worth fighting in. imo not worth taking a non 100+ char to nw regardless

meh im not level 100 and i find doing NW nt only fun but extremely rewarding i make a **** ton of tokens even if i do get one shotted everyonce and awhile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    ok the results are in & without creating a QQ thread in archer forum (cause i don't feel like it) I have decided that for NW barbs are the way to go. Even though this one performs very well i've decided to go ahead & lv a dex barb which has been sitting idle for about a year.
    It's pretty disappointing that a 3 year old 101 archer which has top lv gear is nearly matched by a 2.5 day old barb b:surrender I'm certain if the charm didnt burn off in the 1st 10 min that this char would earn more than double of what my archer can do just by goofing off.
    I will never again NW as an archer, by comparison it is apparent that NW was not designed with archers in mind...at all.

It turns out Illyn is right about the atk/def lvls, i was unaware of the buff you get at the overseer npc inside each skirmish until this chars 2nd run.

2.5 day old barb there have been improvements since this screenie, HP is now close to 23k, max atk is 2.5k ish, another lv of True Form ...other stuff too like lv 60 rep chest/leggings, eye belt is now +4, etc etc. you get the point. With a reset note i could probably approach 30k HP.

Oh & it dosen't get 1-hit, not even close.

It's still hard for me to tell yet, but i think the damage counting towards your NW contribution(s) are tabulated by total damage received regardless of how much HP you had at the beginning of any encounter. I was often running around with only 2-3k HP because charms turned to smoke fast.

On a side note it was interesting to experience NW from a barb's PoV, ppl are like "HA a BARB, GET HIMMMM!!!!!!11" & i'm all like "yea come get me, i got pink boots!" ^_^
    While ppl are beating me down i'm debuffing them/keeping them occupied while other ppl (who are trying hard), come blow em all up. Then a few moments later you see the flag was safely delivered. >:D

All-in-all i would consider this experiment a total success.
  • Jurenya - Harshlands
    Jurenya - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what are this free charms ya'll speak of?
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your still a 1 shot with that. Not worth it. 101 barbs with endgame gear are tough for my archer but not as tough as they used to be because I got all 3 metal sage skills for my archer, I crit 10k+ on them(Once 22k), and my Xbow G16 refine is only +3. So a lvl 60 barb would be a 1 shot for archers and psys anytime which are becoming dominant in NW.
  • MythTiger - Harshlands
    MythTiger - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So a lvl 60 barb would be a 1 shot for archers and psys anytime which are becoming dominant in NW.

I'm a lvl 100 demon barbie and I get 1 shot by r9+12 psys all the time. They tend to crit 20k and pam, I'm done. But I guess a lvl 60 barb would do better

and btw, whats this about free charms daily for low levels?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so how many tokens did you get?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    so how many tokens did you get?

i wanna know this aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i wanna know this aswell

Same....
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    ONE out of 30 ppl can 1-shot it...has over 23K HP because of the buff, i wish more ppl would 1-shot because i would get more points faster. Besides what are RRR9+12's doing in NW anyways? b:scorn
    The point is not to compete, but to earn tokens efficiently. In other words it really don't make a difference to me if i'm in a winning or loosing nation, just contribution points due to the high HP.
    As for the amount of tokens earned it's at approx. 8/10ths of what my 101 archer does without spending coins on crabs or time on apo, which makes it better than the archer by a long shot (pun intended).
    I don't want to give a flat number of tokens earned even though it's only been in 2 NW's so far, or this would just turn into a "well i get this many, & that's nothin' dude" discussion.

In the evolution this char has gone through it has partly grown out of the Dreamchaser set, so i'm more or less done in this thread unless ppl just want some tips or something.
    I'd also like to hear how Illyn did with his/hers.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    ONE out of 30 ppl can 1-shot it...has over 23K HP because of the buff, i wish more ppl would 1-shot because i would get more points faster. Besides what are RRR9+12's doing in NW anyways? b:scorn
    The point is not to compete, but to earn tokens efficiently. In other words it really don't make a difference to me if i'm in a winning or loosing nation, just contribution points due to the high HP.
    As for the amount of tokens earned it's at approx. 8/10ths of what my 101 archer does without spending coins on crabs or time on apo, which makes it better than the archer by a long shot (pun intended).
    I don't want to give a flat number of tokens earned even though it's only been in 2 NW's so far, or this would just turn into a "well i get this many, & that's nothin' dude" discussion.

In the evolution this char has gone through it has partly grown out of the Dreamchaser set, so i'm more or less done in this thread unless ppl just want some tips or something.
    I'd also like to hear how Illyn did with his/hers.

the point is to compete the better you do the more points you get the higher your team palces the more tokens you get also i think puting the results of how many tokens you got is important to this topic but i guess if your only getitng like 20 i can see how a flame might start
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    the point is to compete the better you do the more points you get the higher your team palces the more tokens you get also i think puting the results of how many tokens you got is important to this topic but i guess if your only getitng like 20 i can see how a flame might start

-that's YOUR point/concern, not mine especially.
    -what team?
    -way more than 20.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -what team?
    -way more than 20.

The better your nation does, the more tokens you get for your personal contribution. Having a lot of personal contribution in the losing nation will give you less tokens than if you had the same contribution in the winning nation. I'm also curious how many tokens you get per nw, if it was a good amount I'd consider making one myself to multi with.. but I'm kinda getting the vibe you aren't sharing for a reason :/
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    -what team?
    -way more than 20.

waht team? flame,frost,dark,light if you get 20k contribution on the losing team you arent getting anything compared to that on the winning team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    b:chuckle being in a squad would con-**** the results wildly.
    & as i've said it don't matter what place the nation falls in. Yea there's opportunity for more if you compete more which usually involves investing, which i'm trying to stay away from.
    The 5k rep was way more than i planned but since it's more or less permanent/does not require stats i went ahead & did it, thus keeping the Dreamchaser boot, axe, & necklace for stacking strength & HP because they come with max stats & 4 sockets.

The Scales of Burden

it's plain english, i don't think i could explain any better.

oooohhhh wait a minute everyone thinks i'm trying to do better than they are right? LOL
    i'm not sayin it's easy street, but in comparison it's 10,000 times better.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    & as i've said it don't matter what place the nation falls in. Yea there's opportunity for more if you compete more which usually involves investing, which i'm trying to stay away from.
    The 5k rep was way more than i planned but since it's more or less permanent/does not require stats i went ahead & did it, thus keeping the Dreamchaser boot, axe, & necklace for stacking strength & HP because they come with max stats & 4 sockets.

The Scales of Burden

oooohhhh wait a minute everyone thinks i'm trying to do better than they are right? LOL

so you are mad that a level 60 barb that isnt trying makes more in last place then a level 101 archer in first that trys?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The Scales of Burden

Archers have huge potential in NW. Maybe the play style does not suit you. Maybe you don't know how to play the class. Maybe you have been playing the wrong class the whole time.

Be reminded that most people in NW view the usage of HP charm (wherever bought with gold or from cat shop or DQ) as a investment to get more tokens.

If being a punching bag suits your playing style, then, play it all the way to the top. There is much more token to earn, more strategy and more fun to play a high level barb in NW rather than to feed on peanuts on a lvl60 character with free charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    edited February 2013
    Archers have huge potential in NW.
    yes, the RRR'9 ones, what R9 wouldn't? i've seen 20 ppl trying to stop a flagbearin mystic RRR9, she still finishes.
    Maybe the play style does not suit you. Maybe you don't know how to play the class. Maybe you have been playing the wrong class the whole time.
    i play archer in every mmo i've been in for the last 10.5 years. On this one i've played for 3 years, not to mention other servers. So even if it wasn't my original playstyle, it would have been forced by now.
    Be reminded that most people in NW view the usage of HP charm (wherever bought with gold or from cat shop or DQ) as a investment to get more tokens.
    i'm sure they do. I wanted an NW farmer, not just trade HP charms for tokens earned.
    If being a punching bag suits your playing style, then, play it all the way to the top. There is much more token to earn, more strategy and more fun to play a high level barb in NW rather than to feed on peanuts on a lvl60 character with free charms.
    As for me personally the Overseer buff is not worth loosing & i refuse to pwr lvl in FC or trench. So i'll just keep em lv 60 & play it twice/week for 4 hours total.

As it is, after 2 NW's i got to grind on my main for 1.5 days to be able to afford changing tokens at the forges.
  • tuturutututu
    tuturutututu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok...please explain how did u get 19k hp...I tried in pwi calc but to no availb:surrender

maybe pwi calc is calculating wrong?

tyb:cute
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok...please explain how did u get 19k hp...I tried in pwi calc but to no availb:surrender

maybe pwi calc is calculating wrong?

tyb:cute

Level 60-99 people get an hp/attack/def buff from the overseer on top of the respawn buffs. The lower the level, the better the buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Massive props to you. I may be cynical, but I think he's not sharing his token count because he doesn't want copy cats (pun intended) :p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray