Best mage class for pvp?

Options
creamytoes
creamytoes Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Hey I am brand new b:chuckle got bored of the daevas game I was playing so I want to try this game. I like competition and even though I die more than I win, the thrill of watching my back while going on quests excites me.

My main question is, after viewing all the characters, I like magic castes the most. I will like to be able to defend myself in the world of pvp without relying on spending real life money until the end game of course. I am attracted to wizard, psychic, and mystic. What would you guys recommend for a fresh meat like me? lol

p.s. Sorry for hijacking this thread for my question but I am not allowed to post during my probationary period. Thank you much!
Post edited by creamytoes on

Comments

• //\//iko - Dreamweaver19
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    lol based on play style mystics and venos can solo a lot of pve content because of their pets, where as psychics and Wizards can do massive damage and are Fairly easy to play and can be pretty tanky if built right. So for a new character focused on damage I'd say

1st. Psychic
    2nd. Wizard
    3rd. Mystic/Cleric/Veno

For Soloing I'd say

1st. Veno/mystic
    2nd. Wizzy/Psychic
    3rd. Cleric
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

For Soloing I'd say

1st. Veno/mystic
    2nd. Wizzy/Psychic
    3rd. Cleric

For soloing what? While I agree with the veno/mystic top spot I find it amusing that you would rate clerics at the bottom below wizzy and psy. At least clerics have a reliable heal + a heal over time and many can solo a lot of bosses..
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    For soloing what? While I agree with the veno/mystic top spot I find it amusing that you would rate clerics at the bottom below wizzy and psy. At least clerics have a reliable heal + a heal over time and many can solo a lot of bosses..

not many are as pro as you are Smach and sadly its why he never tho of cleric.

even less would go heavy and do so well.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wizards right now are OP in pvp, and due to amps do far more damage than any other mage class. Those saying psychics (or any other mage class) are even remotely competitive to wizards in terms of damage are clueless, and you should not listen to them. Psychics are definitely annoying in pvp, have some neat buffs that make them obnoxious to kill.. and they are definitely a useful class, but lack the damage to kill tanky end game opponents alone. I don't know much about mystics so I won't even comment on them, but I'd recommend going wiz or ep for pvp.. ep being more support and wiz being more solo. Just my 2 cents.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

^ that, cleric are better for solo than wizz and psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wizards right now are OP in pvp, and due to amps do far more damage than any other mage class. Those saying psychics (or any other mage class) are even remotely competitive to wizards in terms of damage are clueless, and you should not listen to them. Psychics are definitely annoying in pvp, have some neat buffs that make them obnoxious to kill.. and they are definitely a useful class, but lack the damage to kill tanky end game opponents alone. I don't know much about mystics so I won't even comment on them, but I'd recommend going wiz or ep for pvp.. ep being more support and wiz being more solo. Just my 2 cents.

WHY YOU KEEP ASKING FOR 1V1 THEN?

b:scorn
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    WHY YOU KEEP ASKING FOR 1V1 THEN?

b:scorn

cuz 1v1s are fun b:cute
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wizard if you understand good game mechanics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    cuz 1v1s are fun b:cute

b:angry

also @op wiz is your best bet unless you plan on pking in tt90 gear

not entirely sure which ones are best with moderately refined nirvy 3rd but since psys shine most when they're highly refined, i'd have to recommend you wiz still. well sht. wiz if refined, wiz if not refined. easy choice.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    for PVP id say

1.Wizard
    2.Cleric
    3.Psychic
    4.veno
    5.mystic
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wizard, surely. They are too overpowered nowadays.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.