Coming from JD and other PWE games

Options
brianna18
brianna18 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I tried PWI..Once? Maybe twice and I make a level one character and never play it again. Not sure if anyone else plays jade dynasty however PWI is thriving where as Jade Dynasty is not so much..Jade Dynasty is really a matter of time before it gives out where as I see PWI standing strong.

Honestly what is the game like? Is it like JD? Whats the level cap, is there an ascension feature like JD, does it rely heavily on cash shopping? (like JD LOL).

What are the biggest MMO selling points of this game. I play *removed*, I used to play *removed* before it shut down I play jade dynasty i've played ********* I've played Champions Online I have play a ton of MMO's. What makes this one unique?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S I tried posting in the beginner's section however it wouldn't let me..lol
To be a King and wear a crown is a thing more pleasant to them that see it, than it is pleasant to them that bear it.
-Queen Elizabeth I
-First line in the Golden Speech 1601
Post edited by brianna18 on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    brianna18 wrote: »
    I tried PWI..Once? Maybe twice and I make a level one character and never play it again. Not sure if anyone else plays jade dynasty however PWI is thriving where as Jade Dynasty is not so much..Jade Dynasty is really a matter of time before it gives out where as I see PWI standing strong.

Honestly what is the game like? Is it like JD? Whats the level cap, is there an ascension feature like JD, does it rely heavily on cash shopping? (like JD LOL).

What are the biggest MMO selling points of this game. I play *removed*, I used to play *removed* before it shut down I play jade dynasty i've played ********* I've played Champions Online I have play a ton of MMO's. What makes this one unique?

Let's see if I can answer all your questions.

Level cap: 105 (most people are stuck around 101-103, as the exp needed to get to 105 is insane)

Ascension: No idea, but I don't believe so.

Cash shopping: One can buy exp runs using real life money transfered into coins. One can reach level 100, where most end-game gear/dungeons are. One can buy the gear and skills with real life money. Most that do this can't play their class well, but some can. Either way, gear and levels are obtainable in-game without real money, but it requires a lot of time in real life.

Biggest selling point: Large number of classes, shiny mounts, fashion, and gear. Teamwork & bosses, PvP, etc. In comparison to other games, the graphical style that the Angelica engine produces is unique (similar to JD/Ether Sage, etc).Beautiful landscapes await...

Is it worth it? It's based on your opinion. No one can tell you truthfully, because everyone will get a different sense of enjoyment (or lack-thereof), from playing. I find questing & grinding enjoyable, but many people would rather hyper level to level 100 quickly, etc. Each to his own.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • brianna18
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Let's see if I can answer all your questions.

Level cap: 105 (most people are stuck around 101-103, as the exp needed to get to 105 is insane)

Ascension: No idea, but I don't believe so.

Cash shopping: One can buy exp runs using real life money transfered into coins. One can reach level 100, where most end-game gear/dungeons are. One can buy the gear and skills with real life money. Most that do this can't play their class well, but some can. Either way, gear and levels are obtainable in-game without real money, but it requires a lot of time in real life.

Biggest selling point: Large number of classes, shiny mounts, fashion, and gear. Teamwork & bosses, PvP, etc. In comparison to other games, the graphical style that the Angelica engine produces is unique (similar to JD/Ether Sage, etc).Beautiful landscapes await...

Is it worth it? It's based on your opinion. No one can tell you truthfully, because everyone will get a different sense of enjoyment (or lack-thereof), from playing. I find questing & grinding enjoyable, but many people would rather hyper level to level 100 quickly, etc. Each to his own.

Thanks a bunch for the response. Ascension is when your character hits the lvl cap and then ascends and basically becomes stronger and restarts. I got 1-150 pre-asc in 12 days and you can do it even quicker. Once you asc it takes a VERY long time to reach that 150 ascended cap. The quickest is 6 months ish. Normally can take a year depends your leveling speed. 147-150 takes the majority of the time.

I don't think I want to start now as I get slightly bored of JD and move back into *removed*..Once I get a new PC and can run mutliple games maybe...

Is there an auto-bot feature like JD? Where your character grinds and such by itself.

Also how long and how much irl $$ to get to 100 for example?
    To be a King and wear a crown is a thing more pleasant to them that see it, than it is pleasant to them that bear it.
    -Queen Elizabeth I
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Before you start reading answers, remember that F2P MMORPG forums are notoriously negative. When you ask "is CSing really important," you're going to get nothing but "OMG IT'S RIDICULOUS THIS IS THE MOST GREEDY GAME EVER" as a response.

Personally?

I played initially when PWI was released, quit because I hit level ~63 and leveling slowed drastically and I didn't have time for that grinding ****. About 2 years later, after playing Fallout I thought "man, I wish MMOs would adopt the perk system to help create more character uniqueness and diversity!" and happened across info on the genie update. Genies sounded like they had potential to do this (alongside the sage or demon choice), so I gave it another shot.
    Nowadays anyone can hit level 100 with absolute ease. Some people QQ about how this means a lot of idiots reach 100, but I say this is great as it means people with busy schedules can still play and enjoy the game. This is the first perk that had me sticking around. If you wanted, you could cash shop maybe....10-20$ and hit level 100 within a week, simply by paying other players for Frostcovered City runs.
    Secondly, while I'm sure people disagree, I consider this game pretty well "balanced." At least, far better balanced than most other MMOs I've experienced. There's 10 classes, each class has two classes they're strong against and two they're weak against, and while the strengths and weaknesses are drastic enough that winning 1v1 against a weakness can be damned near impossible if your opponent knows their class (very possible if they're dumb), they're not super-crippling in team scenarios.

The two blemishes on the balancing are:

1) Psys can be cash-shopped to full +12 gear, making them impossible for anyone that isn't equally cash-shopped up. Psys ARE balanced vs. other characters with similar refines though, it's simply their damage reflect vs. lower-refined characters makes beating them basically impossible. You WILL meet at least one or two Psys that are full +12 (fairly expensive; doable but either expensive or time-consuming) and exploit this to kill anyone with lower refines. Fortunately, on Harshlands at least, there's really not that many rich kids hiding behind this ridiculous advantage, probably because the class is one of the squishiest and therefore rather difficult to adapt to if you previously played another class. Likewise, as a Psy myself, I can tell you that the CS Psy babies typically suck *** and therefore get shot down by other +12 classes pretty quick, OR alternatively they dry-hump a skill that gives them immense defense but balls-awful offense, which combined with their lack of knowledge on how to properly play the class, essentially makes the Psy bloody useless within the fight.

2) Sins are DESIGNED to be superior in 1v1 fights. Whereas other classes have two classes they're strong against and two they're weak against? Sins basically have 8 they're strong against and two they're equal against. While this can be extremely annoying in open-world PK as they'll kill you before you can react (make a Seeker or a Psy to avoid this AND kill them, though a Barb or Mystic might be able to avoid them at the very least), this game is VERY heavy on teamplay, and sins are absolutely horrendous at it. The result is that while you may have a bunch of ego-driven little kiddos acting like they're the bomb because they can attack you 5 times before they even pop out of stealth, they suddenly show up in all of the PVP instances that actually matter. Territory War and Nation war are two weekly PVP instances where you compete on a large-scale (80v80 and 20v20 respectively), and sins suck *** in both. I won't go into detail as to why, but basically sins are both designed to get a GUARENTEE kill once every ~3-5 minutes (absolutely worthless when we're talking 80v80 battles) and both instances activate a skill called "bramble" that venomancers have, which makes melee'ers take 60% of the damage they deal. This eats sins alive, as they have low health and defense to begin with.

As for the significance of CSing...

End-game gear is Nirvana 3rd cast or R9 3rd cast. Nirvana is basically for the "common folk" whereas r9 is for cash shoppers. R9 3rd is superior to Nirvana, but not significantly enough that a nirvana-user won't be able to kill a r9 user. The main benefit of r9 over nirvana is slightly better stats and a unique ability on the weapon. For example, caster classes receive an ability on the 3rd recast r9 weapon that gives them a chance to remove ailments and receive a brief anti-stun when attacked, nirvana users do NOT. The result is that obviously a r9 user might be able to escape a hopeless situation (8v1 or the like) whereas a nirvana user will not. Their damage and defenses though, while different, are similar enough that nirvana users can still kill r9 users.
    I don't CS, but I have r9. Admittedly, I ONLY have it because I was lucky enough to predict a massive change to the economy as well as a 50% off sale, so I was prepared and had traded my coin for gold (CS currency) in advance. However, one nice thing about this game is that you can essentially farm all your gear. You can get nirvana 3rd cast without ever making a trade with anyone. If you choose to go r9, you simply have to figure out how to get it initially (which IS expensive, can be well over $720 iirc), and then the 2nd and 3rd recast of it is completely farmable; no coin or trade neccesary.

Another thing I like is that the majority of farming is done on the weekends in Nation war; this isn't a game where you're forced to slave away and farm for hours on end throughout the week. You CAN play this game on weekends only and do fairly well.

Lastly, I've played the majority of the game with sub-par gear. Despite this, I could always kill people with better gear. This is more community-dependent than game mechanic-dependent, but the fact of the matter is? Our communities are dumb as hell. If you have a brain, you can outwit and outplay a lot of players within your gear "range" (for example if you're +5 or +7, you may be able to beat +10 players, though not +12 without great difficulty) simply because they dunno wtf they're doing. Sad but true, and quite entertaining.

So overall, I guess what I like is that this MMO is relaxed with farming and grinding, the PVP is decently balanced (better than most), and the PVP is typically team-orientated, and no matter how much people may tell you cash shopping is everything, no; teamwork and coordination is everything. Trust me, I've made a career on my server out of beating "legit" Territory war factions with a bunch of random, poorly-geared alts. We win because we know wtf we're doing, depsite the massive gap in gear/level.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • brianna18
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Before you start reading answers, remember that F2P MMORPG forums are notoriously negative. When you ask "is CSing really important," you're going to get nothing but "OMG IT'S RIDICULOUS THIS IS THE MOST GREEDY GAME EVER" as a response.

Personally?

I played initially when PWI was released, quit because I hit level ~63 and leveling slowed drastically and I didn't have time for that grinding ****. About 2 years later, after playing Fallout I thought "man, I wish MMOs would adopt the perk system to help create more character uniqueness and diversity!" and happened across info on the genie update. Genies sounded like they had potential to do this (alongside the sage or demon choice), so I gave it another shot.
    Nowadays anyone can hit level 100 with absolute ease. Some people QQ about how this means a lot of idiots reach 100, but I say this is great as it means people with busy schedules can still play and enjoy the game. This is the first perk that had me sticking around. If you wanted, you could cash shop maybe....10-20$ and hit level 100 within a week, simply by paying other players for Frostcovered City runs.
    Secondly, while I'm sure people disagree, I consider this game pretty well "balanced." At least, far better balanced than most other MMOs I've experienced. There's 10 classes, each class has two classes they're strong against and two they're weak against, and while the strengths and weaknesses are drastic enough that winning 1v1 against a weakness can be damned near impossible if your opponent knows their class (very possible if they're dumb), they're not super-crippling in team scenarios.

The two blemishes on the balancing are:

1) Psys can be cash-shopped to full +12 gear, making them impossible for anyone that isn't equally cash-shopped up. Psys ARE balanced vs. other characters with similar refines though, it's simply their damage reflect vs. lower-refined characters makes beating them basically impossible. You WILL meet at least one or two Psys that are full +12 (fairly expensive; doable but either expensive or time-consuming) and exploit this to kill anyone with lower refines. Fortunately, on Harshlands at least, there's really not that many rich kids hiding behind this ridiculous advantage, probably because the class is one of the squishiest and therefore rather difficult to adapt to if you previously played another class. Likewise, as a Psy myself, I can tell you that the CS Psy babies typically suck *** and therefore get shot down by other +12 classes pretty quick, OR alternatively they dry-hump a skill that gives them immense defense but balls-awful offense, which combined with their lack of knowledge on how to properly play the class, essentially makes the Psy bloody useless within the fight.

2) Sins are DESIGNED to be superior in 1v1 fights. Whereas other classes have two classes they're strong against and two they're weak against? Sins basically have 8 they're strong against and two they're equal against. While this can be extremely annoying in open-world PK as they'll kill you before you can react (make a Seeker or a Psy to avoid this AND kill them, though a Barb or Mystic might be able to avoid them at the very least), this game is VERY heavy on teamplay, and sins are absolutely horrendous at it. The result is that while you may have a bunch of ego-driven little kiddos acting like they're the bomb because they can attack you 5 times before they even pop out of stealth, they suddenly show up in all of the PVP instances that actually matter. Territory War and Nation war are two weekly PVP instances where you compete on a large-scale (80v80 and 20v20 respectively), and sins suck *** in both. I won't go into detail as to why, but basically sins are both designed to get a GUARENTEE kill once every ~3-5 minutes (absolutely worthless when we're talking 80v80 battles) and both instances activate a skill called "bramble" that venomancers have, which makes melee'ers take 60% of the damage they deal. This eats sins alive, as they have low health and defense to begin with.

As for the significance of CSing...

End-game gear is Nirvana 3rd cast or R9 3rd cast. Nirvana is basically for the "common folk" whereas r9 is for cash shoppers. R9 3rd is superior to Nirvana, but not significantly enough that a nirvana-user won't be able to kill a r9 user. The main benefit of r9 over nirvana is slightly better stats and a unique ability on the weapon. For example, caster classes receive an ability on the 3rd recast r9 weapon that gives them a chance to remove ailments and receive a brief anti-stun when attacked, nirvana users do NOT. The result is that obviously a r9 user might be able to escape a hopeless situation (8v1 or the like) whereas a nirvana user will not. Their damage and defenses though, while different, are similar enough that nirvana users can still kill r9 users.
    I don't CS, but I have r9. Admittedly, I ONLY have it because I was lucky enough to predict a massive change to the economy as well as a 50% off sale, so I was prepared and had traded my coin for gold (CS currency) in advance. However, one nice thing about this game is that you can essentially farm all your gear. You can get nirvana 3rd cast without ever making a trade with anyone. If you choose to go r9, you simply have to figure out how to get it initially (which IS expensive, can be well over $720 iirc), and then the 2nd and 3rd recast of it is completely farmable; no coin or trade neccesary.

Another thing I like is that the majority of farming is done on the weekends in Nation war; this isn't a game where you're forced to slave away and farm for hours on end throughout the week. You CAN play this game on weekends only and do fairly well.

Lastly, I've played the majority of the game with sub-par gear. Despite this, I could always kill people with better gear. This is more community-dependent than game mechanic-dependent, but the fact of the matter is? Our communities are dumb as hell. If you have a brain, you can outwit and outplay a lot of players within your gear "range" (for example if you're +5 or +7, you may be able to beat +10 players, though not +12 without great difficulty) simply because they dunno wtf they're doing. Sad but true, and quite entertaining.

So overall, I guess what I like is that this MMO is relaxed with farming and grinding, the PVP is decently balanced (better than most), and the PVP is typically team-orientated, and no matter how much people may tell you cash shopping is everything, no; teamwork and coordination is everything. Trust me, I've made a career on my server out of beating "legit" Territory war factions with a bunch of random, poorly-geared alts. We win because we know wtf we're doing, depsite the massive gap in gear/level.

Thank you very much for the long and detailed post! Getting kindness from even just one or two players means a lot when coming to a new game. In JD no one would offer such advice or anything in this long of a post. What that means is that this game is thriving. I'm not sure if I want to start now, in fact I may wait a few weeks to get a new PC and try it out and see if I like it or not. However JD is all luck and basically cash shopping. You can get what cs'ers have through gold via grinding however it'd take a VERY long time and atleast 2 characters on seperate accounts grinding constantly to make the gold you need.

Thank you so much for the time I will do a lot more investigation and research on the game. I'll look at the wiki and guides and go on from there.
    -Queen Elizabeth I
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    End-game gear is Nirvana 3rd cast or R9 3rd cast. Nirvana is basically for the "common folk" whereas r9 is for cash shoppers. R9 3rd is superior to Nirvana, but not significantly enough that a nirvana-user won't be able to kill a r9 user

It should however be noted that this gear is only the first step. You need to refine and shard your gear which is equally expensive as it is for the R9. very rough list of costs in dollars:

Full r9 gear: 1500$
    Full nirvana: 300$
    Refining full gear to +12: 2000$
    Sharding full gear: 1000-2000$

Keep in mind that dollars are directly convertible to game gold and the other way around. You can farm for say an average of 1$ worth per hour. That makes indeed full nirvana very obtainable. If however you want to stand a chance vs the cash shoppers, you still need the 1000s of dollars worth to refine and shard. After you have done that, you probably regret not having invested in R9 to begin with because you spend so much anyway.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Level cap is 105. 101 is very easy to hit if you know what to do and who to get help from or can pay higher lvls. 105 was very easy before too due to the Goon glitch, but it got removed now.

I haven't played JD much so hard to say. Not sure about ascension; however, at levels 89/92/99(forgot if I'm giving the right numbers) you get cultivation and spark upgrades, making your character a lot stronger and giving new skills, as well as, lots of annoying yellow quests prerequisites to those skills.

The game has PVE/PVP servers. PVP - after level 30 you automatically become pk enabled and can get killed by other players outside of safe-zone. PVE - from level 30 you can activate the player kill option manually if you want, you aren't forced into it, excluding certain PK dungeons and events.

What I really enjoy is the high customization, especially now that ini. editing your character is allowed (going into game files and editing by hand) + tons of fashion, mounts, fliers and classes to choose from. Game is still kind'a regularly updated with new events, new fashion, gear upgrades, gambling packs, various sales, every year or so-new class. However, we depend on the Chinese PW version, sometimes they get ret arded updates to fix their issues which don't concern our version and we have to implement them too.

PWI is a classic MMO, meaning you tab and select a target, unlike new MMOsthyshallnotnameonthisforumorGMswillhauntmeforever (Ter... Vin... BlaSou...) where you have to aim to hit.

I have to say the graphic is fairly outdated compared to the new games, however still not too bad if played on max and I like the style.

Open world, air, water combat; even most of the new games don't have all of those. Tons of dungeons and extra areas besides the main map to explore.

On cash-shopping, it depends who you talk to. I haven't charged in maybe 2 years, I have r9 third-cast +12 (basically maxed). My "wife" in game hasn't charged in about the same time, has rank 9 +12 (working on 3rd cast). We don't really farm much and mostly just come for Territory Wars and Nation Wars on weekends. We managed to get our stuff without paying, as it seems many other players who merchant (buy/sell stuff to other players). If you pay you'll get upgrades, gear much faster; nevertheless, everything essential a CSer can get, you can merchant or farm without real life money: game has an Auctioneer NPC where you can exchange game coins for gold to purchase items from the store.

Furthermore, even if you Cash shop you'll still need to farm for final recast gear because it requires molds and badges from a certain dungeon. Same with new NW upgrades and ornaments, you have to come each weekend to the events because half of the materials required are non-tradeable.

Depends what you're looking for in a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    THs game is mostly pay to win, in pvp atleast. The pve gear is eaily farmed in runs.

IM lv98 and i find this game quite boring sometimes. i mean if i wanted i could run instantes, but thats all there is to do really.
  • Nerggal - Raging Tide
    Nerggal - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pay to win? b:shocked how im supposed to win this game? by killing the top rank pkers? b:laugh r u kidding right? the game is alive, and only becomes "pay" to win if u havent enough brain to learn how to play ur chosen class, u r gonna have hard time on pvp if u dont have a "top" R999, but isnt that bad, idk why ppl keeps complaining about that if is ****ing easy to farm ur rank gear, and then the only hard is to refine, even when some ppl like the pony have too much luck refining w/o orbs b:surrender sorry but i dont see the sense on that "pay to win" phrase that some ppl say is like complain why im not in the top of rankings of BLR if i still use my basic AR
  • Saassygirl - Sanctuary
    Saassygirl - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

I will make this simple, i'm also playing JD, and this is my opinion.

The lvl cap is 105 for PWI dan there's no ascension. Initially the developer design the lvl cap was 150. But because there's no content to deploy from 106 - 150, their compress the lvl cap into 105 with insane amount of exp.

In comparison, PWI have "Order", the same thing as "Affinity" in JD, which you can join after reach certain lvl.

You don't need to rely heavily on cash shopping, if you just wanna PvE. But it "MUST" if you do PvP-ing.

What i love from PWI is, i'm able costumize my character ( especially the face ),many kind of flying mount ( Untamed dan Elf is good looking mostly ), many many many good looking fashion b:cute and especially mass PvP "Territory War" 80 Vs 80.
  • dj1170
    dj1170 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hey someone in jade dynasty tell everyone i said yo vant get to pc lol b:sad
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    dj1170 wrote: »
    Hey someone in jade dynasty tell everyone i said yo vant get to pc lol

NECROOO!!!!!!!

dj1170 replied to a message that was 7 months 21 days 9 hours 3 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• dj1170
    dj1170 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hey someone in jade dynasty tell everyone i said yo vant get to pc lol b:sad
This discussion has been closed.