Ht Tw

Scrubby - Heavens Tear
Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
First real 80 v 80 since trolololol was made to stomp gd, which was before the last reset if I remember correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3wV2Rb0vo&list=UU_7O_0EBiSvKWpiCxw37dgQ&index=1

Passive points are due to orders not to push/die. Other mistakes are my own fault mostly due to rustyness =D. Enjoy.

Both factions both have a decent set of top geared people.

Edit: Should be a good chain of tws coming in the next few weeks I hope to have them all posted here, comment on play is appreciated. Point out the mistakes you see and hopefully I've already seen them but it's nice to have other comments on my gameplay and genie/skill setups. Thx
Post edited by Scrubby - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• YoshiBarb - Dreamweaver
    YoshiBarb - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First real 80 v 80 since trolololol was made to stomp gd, which was before the last reset if I remember correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3wV2Rb0vo&list=UU_7O_0EBiSvKWpiCxw37dgQ&index=1

Passive points are due to orders not to push/die. Other mistakes are my own fault mostly due to rustyness =D. Enjoy.

Both factions both have a decent set of top geared people.

Edit: Should be a good chain of tws coming in the next few weeks I hope to have them all posted here, comment on play is appreciated. Point out the mistakes you see and hopefully I've already seen them but it's nice to have other comments on my gameplay and genie/skill setups. Thx

your side more op gears, op win
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, the opposing side is better geared than we are.

We're just better players on a high scale.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To give some credit to the video so people can enjoy it for what it is...

I'm a member of the losing faction, attempting to offer an unbiased opinion.

In my opinion gearwise we are about equal, both sides have mostly R9 and a lot of stage 3, a few +12 all around type of players. I'm sure one side outgears the other, but whichever way it swings its marginal.

In this fight (whether they outgear us or not) they outplayed us. They had a much stronger strategy from the start, and they did things well that we just didn't do.

We'll get better though. A lot of Karma are old school players and some of the better players in the game. We certainly have our fair share of those players too, but we also have a lot of new players who aren't au fait with TW or even PVP on the whole yet.

The fights over the next few weeks will be exciting for all involved (except those who get butthurt QQ over anything and everything, they won't like it at all)
    I love drinking tea
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To give some credit to the video so people can enjoy it for what it is...

I'm a member of the losing faction, attempting to offer an unbiased opinion.

In my opinion gearwise we are about equal, both sides have mostly R9 and a lot of stage 3, a few +12 all around type of players. I'm sure one side outgears the other, but whichever way it swings its marginal.

In this fight (whether they outgear us or not) they outplayed us. They had a much stronger strategy from the start, and they did things well that we just didn't do.

We'll get better though. A lot of Karma are old school players and some of the better players in the game. We certainly have our fair share of those players too, but we also have a lot of new players who aren't au fait with TW or even PVP on the whole yet.

The fights over the next few weeks will be exciting for all involved (except those who get butthurt QQ over anything and everything, they won't like it at all)

What made the difference though? A few weeks ago I doubt this would have been the result...

Is it that the RoC crew are just that good?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    I honestly don't know who came over from RoC lol. I been away from the game for that long and haven't been taking much notice of who is where.

Let me know who came over and I'll be able to give you my answer that question :)
    I love drinking tea
    edited February 2013
    I honestly don't know who came over from RoC lol. I been away from the game for that long and haven't been taking much notice of who is where.

Let me know who came over and I'll be able to give you my answer that question :)

Aesthor, Scrubby, Gale, Keita, Kyia, AYANAMEREI(spelling) Steopie, MothBall, Nalimus, Kiyoshi, Knownase, SashaGray, Elvindor, Heromi, Domgrath....umm can't get in game to check who else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Skill + gear = wins.

Most of that group are incredibly well geared.

Most of that group are very good at playing their chars.

I doubt they were all in the TW (wasn't someone else on that list playing Domgrath?), but yeah I can see that team making a big difference to any TW.
    I love drinking tea
    edited February 2013
    Skill + gear = wins.

I doubt they were all in the TW (wasn't someone else on that list playing Domgrath?), but yeah I can see that team making a big difference to any TW.

I know that most of that group is incredibly well geared. I was in the same faction as them before they left to have fun in Karma. Most of that group know how to TW with a specific squad involving those people which is the one thing GD doesn't have(I think).

<--just a non factor though, so correct me if I'm wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Skill + gear = wins.

Most of those I believe were in tw at most 3 might not have been there imo, probably closer to only 1 missing if that. Too lazy to check roster.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    I know that most of that group is incredibly well geared. I was in the same faction as them before they left to have fun in Karma. Most of that group know how to TW with a specific squad involving those people which is the one thing GD doesn't have(I think).

<--just a non factor though, so correct me if I'm wrong...

Knowing who you are fighting with definitely goes a long way. When a squad links up well they can certainly start to overcome a lot of disadvantages. I remember being a cat cleric for a faction I'd rather forget I was ever part of.... some of the moves that myself and a couple of the barbs pulled off to bring down some towers were pretty exciting to be involved in and it came down to teamwork.

I don't know how well our squads will gel at the moment as we have been out of practise for quite some time (I know the Karma squads have been too, but I believe they've been fighting together for a long time, so they should naturally get back in to the swing of it more easily) . I know that we will strive to get better, and that can only make for even better TW's, some of which I'm sure will go Karma's way, and some of which I'm sure will go ours.
    I love drinking tea
    edited February 2013
    Knowing who you are fighting with definitely goes a long way. When a squad links up well they can certainly start to overcome a lot of disadvantages. I remember being a cat cleric for a faction I'd rather forget I was ever part of.... some of the moves that myself and a couple of the barbs pulled off to bring down some towers were pretty exciting to be involved in and it came down to teamwork.

Belial/Dominus?

I don't know how well our squads will gel at the moment as we have been out of practise for quite some time (I know the Karma squads have been too, but I believe they've been fighting together for a long time, so they should naturally get back in to the swing of it more easily) . I know that we will strive to get better, and that can only make for even better TW's, some of which I'm sure will go Karma's way, and some of which I'm sure will go ours.

Agree with last part^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    lol no, the people in Belial / Dominus were great, I really enjoyed it there even if we were mostly noobs, one of the most helpful factions I've ever been part of. Some would say that both of them were very... radiant... unlike some others I've had the misfortune of being involved with.
    I love drinking tea