Charm costs lately

Dylena - Raging Tide
Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Cash Shop Huddle
I'm curious on if PWI ever considered changing the gold price for charms because the amount of money required to get a charm lately is quite outrages, charms on Raging Tide is approximately 8.5mill without a decent charm sale. A good geared player runs through minimum of 2-4 on just the weekend from ticking in PVP based instances, TW mainly. Lets be realistic, TW income is a joke and have been for quite some time..it's out dated and probably needs to be changed if you want TW to be more alive again.

The farming instances are quite dead as we all know without 2x, NW and BH is pretty much the entire income of a player if you don't put in real money into it. So I'm wondering why not either make a perm 3 gold per platinum charm or just add HP/MP charms into NW token reward?

This is just my opinion, not sure if others feel the same way...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Dylena - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Even though I don't use charms often, I have to agree with you, Dylena.

Charms are necessary material for TW/NW and the price of those is a bit too high now.

People keep quitting because of those charms cost and huge price for making decent TW.

Personally, I use event gold, but it's not endless.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd rather an npc selling plat charms for 3m coin flat + lets say 4 reflective shards. and of course be untradeable. Idk if there would be any issues to that, except pwe obviously wouldnt sell charms in boutique.. But then people would just use the money they used on charms before on refining etc, which also is from boutique.. so guess they wouldn't lose too much in the end? - I could be wrong lol.
    But atleast It would work as an very effective coin sink.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    On our server platinum charms are selling 5 mil for HP and 3 mil for MP.

I would recommend getting an auto-recovery in place of a charm if they are running that high. I stopped using a charm for NW and just use auto-recovery and have not noticed any difference in my survivability. It's way cheaper, lasts longer and works just as good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing with the inclusion of NW, plat charms from the boutique have created a small cash cow for PWI due to people having less ability to farm decent coin (sans the bots that use undetectable programming), and in turn having to spend the coin they have for gold, until that runs dry, making it so they pretty much have to buy Zen.

When you think about it, there are some smart cookies creating diabolical ways forcing the majority of players to spend real money without the player consciously thinking "why am I spending my hard earned money for something that ultimately will have no benefit in the end?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I would recommend getting an auto-recovery in place of a charm if they are running that high. I stopped using a charm for NW and just use auto-recovery and have not noticed any difference in my survivability. It's way cheaper, lasts longer and works just as good.

I use auto recovery for defense charms and potting but 20k+ HP character cant really work on just that facing other R999 that hits for absurd amount of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'm curious how thats even possible, when charms are 6 gold in the boutique. And with gold prices at 1.6-1.8m, that doesn't even cover the cost of 2-3 gold.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Voldoo - Archosaur
    Voldoo - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Buy dq from catshops, people usually sell it 1k above the NPC price.
    Redeem for dq points, get event gold and buy charms from there. It's way cheaper if charms go for 8+mil on your server.

You get 6 Silver charms, and a bronze one per 50 gold.

6x 300k (silver) + 100k (bronze) = 1.9mil HP, which is about 55% more than 1 plat HP.

Be sure to buy the highest quality DQ, the ones with 30 and 35 points each. And do the math of how much it would cost you to get 50K points. You'll end up saving money everytime if they're not overpriced.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm curious how thats even possible, when charms are 6 gold in the boutique. And with gold prices at 1.6-1.8m, that doesn't even cover the cost of 2-3 gold.

I wish gold was selling for that much. Right now people won't even buy gold unless it's under 1 mil. I posted this in another thread but we have a 4 to 1 ratio of people selling gold to buying. A couple of nights ago when I really needed coin (and the AH was totally clean out of people buying) I was selling gold for under 900k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish gold was selling for that much. Right now people won't even buy gold unless it's under 1 mil. I posted this in another thread but we have a 4 to 1 ratio of people selling gold to buying. A couple of nights ago when I really needed coin (and the AH was totally clean out of people buying) I was selling gold for under 900k

Wow!!
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wtf so cheap how is the economy so different ?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Swampfoot - Raging Tide
    Swampfoot - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Buy dq from catshops, people usually sell it 1k above the NPC price.
    Redeem for dq points, get event gold and buy charms from there. It's way cheaper if charms go for 8+mil on your server.

You get 6 Silver charms, and a bronze one per 50 gold.

6x 300k (silver) + 100k (bronze) = 1.9mil HP, which is about 55% more than 1 plat HP.

Be sure to buy the highest quality DQ, the ones with 30 and 35 points each. And do the math of how much it would cost you to get 50K points. You'll end up saving money everytime if they're not overpriced.

One problem with counting on those event gold charms is that silver HP charms only have 350K hp. For endgame Barbs that amounts to only about 10-12 charm ticks max in NW or TW. I see a lot of end game Bms, Seekers and archers with 20K+ hp so they would get maybe 20-25 ticks at most.

I can see a casters/sins with 10K or less hp getting through a TW or NW on a silver charm but most of those would be one shots in the recast world we live in. Most end game toons in these classes have 12-15k or even more HP and would get maybe 30-35 charm ticks and possibly make it through one TW or NW.

Reality is that many characters, and not just barbs in the recast world have actually outgrown platinum charms. Autorecovery helps but has created a short supply of PS as players burn through more def charms.
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wtf so cheap how is the economy so different ?!

Not enough playerbase on Archosaur; whereas on other hand, HT has the highest playerbase among all servers, so they got the highest prices on gold since its always in demand.
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would greatly appreciate a change of charm prices.
    At one point, HP charms were going for around 8-9m and MP charms at 5m on Dreamweaver
    .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm curious on if PWI ever considered changing the gold price for charms because the amount of money required to get a charm lately is quite outrages, charms on Raging Tide is approximately 8.5mill without a decent charm sale. A good geared player runs through minimum of 2-4 on just the weekend from ticking in PVP based instances, TW mainly. Lets be realistic, TW income is a joke and have been for quite some time..it's out dated and probably needs to be changed if you want TW to be more alive again.

The farming instances are quite dead as we all know without 2x, NW and BH is pretty much the entire income of a player if you don't put in real money into it. So I'm wondering why not either make a perm 3 gold per platinum charm or just add HP/MP charms into NW token reward?

This is just my opinion, not sure if others feel the same way...

OMG... Im sorry everyone for siding with the enemy b:shocked But Dyl is right... PWE DO SOMETHING BOUT THE CHARMS! Current Charms drop to 3 gold perma & CREATE a bigger and better charm... a DIAMOND charm! b:cool Diamond HP Charm = 3,600,000 hps & Diamond MP Charm = 5,400,000 mps and make them 7.5 gold b:angry

PS. oh yeah... and nixe dem **** 10 & 15k ones from lucid b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vazil - Sanctuary
    Vazil - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As the title says, just disable charms in TW/NW; or at least give the option to disable if you prefer. Since I stopped using charms in NW, I've actually gotten more tokens each instance (also helps that I've learned better strategies).

Prior to NW, I used HP charms to prevent death in instances and grinding - avoiding the xp hit for a death made it very worth the cost. There is no xp hit in NW and the only reason for using charms in to gain more contribution. However, I really question if the added contribution is worth the cost of the charm itself. For me - NO!

Example: with charm I sold tokens (as raps when they were selling at max price) for 14m profit and burned through 80% of a HP charm. Net of approx. 10m. Without charm I sold tokens (as raps 70K less per since price declined) and made 10m (earned quite few more tokens). If I had a used a charm, one could assume same result of 4m or so cost of charm (and a net of 6m).

Further, disabling charms would, in these two instances, create a much more balanced and interesting battle. Strategy and skills would play a much bigger role.

Just my thoughts...

Oh, and I'm level 87 TYVM!
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Charms are optional in NW and TW,
    i do just fine without a charm. of course i could do alot better, but i dont value that better at 8 mil- so i dont buy a charm.

If you want cheaper charms, stock up when they go on sale.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People who doesn't take advantage of d/s card promotions or that 5 plat hp charm per 100 pack promotion.... b:chuckle haven't used a real charm in NW/TW for over an year and I'm always charmed
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Further, disabling charms would, in these two instances, create a much more balanced and interesting battle. Strategy and skills would play a much bigger role.

Yea... it'll be auto win for the defense since no one would be able to capture the flag.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Leave the charms as-is. If your NW income is less than the cost of a charm by the time it runs out, then just don't use it.

Charms can be obtained through DQ grinding. It is not impossible to obtain through non-Boutique means.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    On HL they are 10m so be happy with 8m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Diamond HP Charm = 3,600,000 hps & Diamond MP Charm = 5,400,000 mps and make them 7.5 gold

^ This x100

Which mod placed this in Cash Shop Huddle? b:surrender
    Ijs no one comes to this sub-forum and this is a pretty important topic b:angry
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Charm sale this week. b:shutup
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.