Reversion Success Rates

Thrieya - Lost City
Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
Since there appears to be no clear info on how it's calculated anywhere I can look, does anyone know how the success rate of our Reversion skills are determined? The skill descriptions just mention a range of percentages and then say the success rate is dependant on the caster's and target's Soulforce, so how does that work?
Post edited by Thrieya - Lost City on

Comments

• Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since there appears to be no clear info on how it's calculated anywhere I can look, does anyone know how the success rate of our Reversion skills are determined? The skill descriptions just mention a range of percentages and then say the success rate is dependant on the caster's and target's Soulforce, so how does that work?

Spital Reversion

Mark an enemy player's current location, causing
    the target to return to that location in 6 seconds.
    Success rate when both player and target are the same level
    is approximately 60%, with a minimum success rate of
    40% to a maximum rate of 80%, dependent on both players' Soulforce.

Tactical Reversion

Mark an enemy player's current location, causing
    the target to return to that location in 6 seconds.
    The success rate when you and the target are the same level
    is approximately 80%, with a minimum success rate of 60%
    and a maximum success rate of 100%.
    This is dependent on you and your target's Soulforce.

The success of it its like your damage with your weapon has a range.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    are people incapable of reading!?

Mr_Lapp your reply is not a reply.

ontopic i have no idea how it works

guesses:

80 + .2 [(your soulforce - enemy soulforce) /max soulforce]
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    are people incapable of reading!?

Mr_Lapp your reply is not a reply.

ontopic i have no idea how it works

guesses:

Most People don't usually, and yes your right my reply wasn't much of a reply I do apologize.

I do believe that both 80, and Advance 100 version two different calc's for how it work. I'm try to see if I can find it.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    guesses:

that would be my guess too. I don't see any reason to make it nonlinear for something this simple.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    that would be my guess too. I don't see any reason to make it nonlinear for something this simple.

Your probably right Mooooooooo.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    So basically, the success rate for the reversions is different for every opponent you cast it on? Doesn't sound like a very reliable skill unless you have refined R9 to jack up your soulforce, but Mortal Reversion seems to work pretty well when I cast it in NW.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the level 80 versions of these skills (life reversion and spatial reversion). My experience is life reversion works about half the time, but spatial reversion never, ever, ever, ever works. ever.

I have cast spatial reversion tons of times in pk, TW, NW, and theater of blood and I have never seen it succeed. I had someone testing skills with me shortly after I got them and I spent probably half an hour in pk casting spatial reversion over and over every time it cooled down. I tried it about 10 times in TW this past weekend with no successes. I am tempted to believe this skill just plain doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    So basically, the success rate for the reversions is different for every opponent you cast it on? Doesn't sound like a very reliable skill unless you have refined R9 to jack up your soulforce, but Mortal Reversion seems to work pretty well when I cast it in NW.

Your soulforce only depends on your level and your refines. You don't need to have r9 to have high soulforce, you just need highly refined gear of any grade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the level 80 versions of these skills (life reversion and spatial reversion). My experience is life reversion works about half the time, but spatial reversion never, ever, ever, ever works. ever.

I have cast spatial reversion tons of times in pk, TW, NW, and theater of blood and I have never seen it succeed. I had someone testing skills with me shortly after I got them and I spent probably half an hour in pk casting spatial reversion over and over every time it cooled down. I tried it about 10 times in TW this past weekend with no successes. I am tempted to believe this skill just plain doesn't work.

so you are saying it is working as it's described.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013

b:embarrass

• Fissile - Archosaur
    edited January 2013

b:lipcurl I can do colors too.

Yes I can read. I tried using the skill as described ad nauseam with zero success. So, given the inaccuracy of the descriptions of some other skills, I tried it in other situations, also with zero success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    The level 80 skills only work on the World Map...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The level 80 skills only work on the World Map...

tactical only works on the world map (and not in safe zone), mortal works everywhere I believe.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    tactical only works on the world map (and not in safe zone), mortal works everywhere I believe.

wait wait what I thought Tactical worked on the NW battle map! b:cry What defines "World map" here?

on another note I wasted so much Chi trying to cast Spatial in NW before I finally realised it would never work because the NW battle map wasn't the world map.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wait wait what I thought Tactical worked on the NW battle map! b:cry What defines "World map" here?

on another note I wasted so much Chi trying to cast Spatial in NW before I finally realised it would never work because the NW battle map wasn't the world map.

someone else told me tactical worked in NW too, I tried it a few times and failed every time.. iunno.. lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    That's **** if it doesn't work in NW, Tactical would be one of the best skills to use against flag carriers...

... and then again, it would make wizzies way too OP in NW and we all know what happens when something is declared OP.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    b:lipcurl I can do colors too.

Yes I can read. I tried using the skill as described ad nauseam with zero success. So, given the inaccuracy of the descriptions of some other skills, I tried it in other situations, also with zero success.

1337 MS Paint Skills

on topic you are absolutely right, every wiz here can prob confirm that spatial/tactical reversion never ever works, even when used in the situations where its not actually going to fail 100% of the time, even in world PK the skill ALWAYS fails, yup skill is broken.

• Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1337 MS Paint Skills

on topic you are absolutely right, every wiz here can prob confirm that spatial/tactical reversion never ever works, even when used in the situations where its not actually going to fail 100% of the time, even in world PK the skill ALWAYS fails, yup skill is broken.

lol b:chuckle
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited February 2013

I dispute that! I've seen Spatial Reversion work. Once. Exactly once. The first time I ever cast it... and it was a test run... so maybe it's just that we all get 1 freebie on the first ever cast and then the rest of the time it's just a Chi sink!
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Huh? I see it work all the time