This Game Leads to a dead end

Comments

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Finally someone who say same thing as me. Nothing left to do in the game. Even if you are R9, what the hell you do with it? You dont need to farm anything anymore cuz there is nothing better then R9 gear. So after you realize you spend tons of money on the game to get gear you will be "bored R9 looking for something to do"
    As far as I see....the game is dead. Only good thing left are friends.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This game became dead - end when they started selling power directly in the cash shop! From there, the logical sequence would lead to its destruction. Incompetence and greed from the company lead to many people quitting, including myself, the bell tolls for PWI for a while now, there is nothing they can do to alter the game as it once was in its glory days!
  • _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol pwi is undead, it will never be dead or alive either. If players actually played and had fun instead of showing off their fashion, game would be awesome, but its not their fault, I found having fun in pwi quite impossible. Even if I spent cash in this game, what could I do then?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ..so that's why you keep spamming wc with rude ****.

But yea, I guess this game's pretty boring if you don't have friends for whatever reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Metsomi - Sanctuary
    Metsomi - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013

But yea, I guess this game's pretty boring if you don't have friends for whatever reason.

Exactly !!! its only reason keep people stay in game , the social part .

still pwi make update but they never listen to all QQ feed back from forms/posts here so new update kinda useless or lose good effect after couples of week - NW as example - .
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I make some very very good suggestions for this game but no one listen to me so why do you think they care about people QQ? The game has only 2 good things left: friends and forum.
    I like the game because it the best graphic I ever saw in any other MMORPG such perfect graphics and fashions and amazing character creation but at economic and farming, the game is dead atm. I just looking forward to the new update. I hear venos will rock. My wife already thinks about lvl her 91 lvl veno :) Maybe then the game will be back to life.
  • redthewitch
    redthewitch Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been here about 2 years and still love pwi. A very good game overall. Sounds like the people who glitched to a high level or spent cash fast and took the fun right out of the game. And maybe no friends??
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's threads like this that always have me scratching my head thinking, 'why do people want to reach 100+ as fast as they can?' Only to see people get bored with it. It's not like 100+ is a big deal anymore, as there are so many that level and higher.

As for the game being dead, it isn't yet, but without a barrage of new players, PWI is dependent on the old players, and eventually, even the old players get tired of the same old rinse and repeat. So, dead, no...closer and closer to life support, yes, until its DOA. What time frame that is is anyone's guess.

It is an old game, that just gets more and more expensive as time goes on, and I agree that the additional content tends to be focused on more and more money being spent. MMOs have a finite shelf life and PWI, while in some regards I still enjoy it, is reaching its expiration date. Content and creativity, fuel a playerbase more than instances that in order to compete require money.

While I can easily afford to spend whatever I want on games, at this time, unless PWI does something to bring a fresh player base, I shall be no fool parted from his money, and will be fine as an under achieving Gimp player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Exactly !!! its only reason keep people stay in game , the social part .

still pwi make update but they never listen to all QQ feed back from forms/posts here so new update kinda useless or lose good effect after couples of week - NW as example - .
    Actually, they do listen, but sometimes things take longer than we'd wish. Just think of the recent improvements players were unhappy about: The allowence of ini editing and the introduction of new non-pack fashion. Also, if you look at last year: People were complaining about lack of PvE content and wanted new skills, they made Morai (although that expansion in general can be discussed), they complained about the gap between nirv and r9 being too high, Adv Lunar and Adv Warsong were invented (however, the gap widend again with the recent update, but not as much), they wanted a rebalance, they got and further will get a rebalance.

More on-topic I quote this for truth:
    Its called "End Game" for a reason.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    END GAME

this

b:beatenup

As good a game as this really is for the fact I dont need a graphix card or audio card, and can just have a stock computer to play... As good a game as this really is for the bugs they dont have that i have seen in past mmo's... As good a game as this is that i'll likely stick around at least another year or two... I'll be staying away perfect world entertainments new mmo's coming out for certain. PWE has a LOT to learn about making games.

PWE does NOT know subtle... just look at the progression of absolute ridiculousness that began with the rep sale of 2010 winter into 2011. The mighty $ trumps all. That is how it has been, and that is all it will be, and that is all their new games will be. Year after year since that year, just as I thought I was finally able to at least compete with the players with top gear, they again made way for the next set of R$ Godmode gears to trounce everyone else. It just gets old after a few years.

If PWE was not just all about $$, then they would recognize that many of the "pay to plays" were up to $30 a month. So lets even say today $50 a month was reasonable. Thats $600 a year for a player. THAT is NOT enough $ to compete in this game. Think about just what one single piece of gear really costs... It is really disgusting. They really NEED to learn how to make a game that is reallistically priced... They still can **** people of their $$ with fluff stuff like fashion, mounts, and wings etc that are pretty, shiny, sparkly, or badass looking compared to what is figured within reason as practical. Just b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To be honest, I think there are still plenty of things to do in the game but a lot of people don't bother running/doing them.
    I'm not afraid to admit that I also get bored of the game sometimes but I still have plenty of goals to achieve and I'm in no rush whatsoever. That gives me reasons to keep playing.

Also, having friends and a good faction play a big role too. This is an MMO. I want to play the game with other people. If I wanted to be alone I'd go play on my PS2.

I won't deny the game lacks in some areas, has a lot of bugs, flaws, glitches etc. but I can't name an MMO that isn't flawless. Better? Probably. Flawless? I doubt.

I don't know about others though, but in the end, what matters the most to me in an MMO is the people. I'd have been long gone if I had no friends/faction to play with and do things with.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    END GAME

this

b:beatenup

As good a game as this really is for the fact I dont need a graphix card or audio card, and can just have a stock computer to play... As good a game as this really is for the bugs they dont have that i have seen in past mmo's... As good a game as this is that i'll likely stick around at least another year or two... I'll be staying away perfect world entertainments new mmo's coming out for certain. PWE has a LOT to learn about making games.

PWE does NOT know subtle... just look at the progression of absolute ridiculousness that began with the rep sale of 2010 winter into 2011. The mighty $ trumps all. That is how it has been, and that is all it will be, and that is all their new games will be. Year after year since that year, just as I thought I was finally able to at least compete with the players with top gear, they again made way for the next set of R$ Godmode gears to trounce everyone else. It just gets old after a few years.

If PWE was not just all about $$, then they would recognize that many of the "pay to plays" were up to $30 a month. So lets even say today $50 a month was reasonable. Thats $600 a year for a player. THAT is NOT enough $ to compete in this game. Think about just what one single piece of gear really costs... It is really disgusting. They really NEED to learn how to make a game that is reallistically priced... They still can **** people of their $$ with fluff stuff like fashion, mounts, and wings etc that are pretty, shiny, sparkly, or badass looking compared to what is figured within reason as practical. Just b:spit

I think you nailed it quite well. If subtle was whispering in a group of sleeping hungry lions, PWI is a 1000 pc orchesta all with megaphones, and Gaga meat outfits in the same group of sleeping hungry lions.

Other p2p games that recently have gone f2p (non PWE) seem to know subtle, and costs are reasonable, gameplay more balanced, and none that play are game gods, or at least none that I have noticed. One of my fav game developing companies changed one of my fav MMOs last year I believe, to f2p. I had only quit my subscription a couple years ago because my old computer couldn't handle it. I've recently started over in that game from level 1 and am having a blast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are you rushing to the oh-so-awesome end-game gear and end-game pwness? You are stupid if you tell you did not know it will reach the dead end - EVERYTHING has a ******n dead end. Every. Single. Game.

Ask yourself a few questions..
    Why you want to reach endgame so fast?
    Why not take it slowly instead, have fun reaching it and feeling like you have actually worked for something?
    Are you sure there's nothing farmable left?
    Have you challenged yourself with all fancy stuff already (solo things, win everyone in PK, win ganks in PK, figure out new ways to solo dungeons etc)
    What do you really want from this game?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWE does NOT know subtle... just look at the progression of absolute ridiculousness that began with the rep sale of 2010 winter into 2011. The mighty $ trumps all. That is how it has been, and that is all it will be, and that is all their new games will be.

I'd argue that it actually began with anni packs.
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everything in life becomes "boring" or as the op said leads to a dead end after some time; it may be a few months or a few years. That's why humankind invented recreation, recreational activities freshened up your life, then we can go back to face the drudgery of life, rinse and repeat every week.

PWI must not and should not be the main part of your life. Those who lasted 4-5 years in this game are those who treat pwi as it should be, ie as recreation. Most who quit after a year or less are those who spent a small fortune on the game and yet they are awful when it comes to pvp. Yet it's possible to get full r9s3 without spending a dime.

If you ask any multi-millionaire what's the most exciting part of being a millionaire, he'll tell you it's the process of earning his first million. Same here if you earn your r9 it's far more fulfilling than cash-shopping. A hungry person has more to look forward to in life, same as in game.

And I find that girls has a longer life expectancy compared to guys in this game, maybe it's the social part, maybe it's the forum or maybe it's the fashion or maybe it's the dramab:chuckle Guys only think about pvp or tw, sadb:surrender

PWE has a gross margin of 80%, far more than Blizzard Entertainment, so why are people still throwing money at PWE?
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are you rushing to the oh-so-awesome end-game gear and end-game pwness? You are stupid if you tell you did not know it will reach the dead end - EVERYTHING has a ******n dead end. Every. Single. Game.

Why you want to reach endgame so fast?
    Why not take it slowly instead, have fun reaching it and feeling like you have actually worked for something?
    Are you sure there's nothing farmable left?
    Have you challenged yourself with all fancy stuff already (solo things, win everyone in PK, win ganks in PK, figure out new ways to solo dungeons etc)
    What do you really want from this game?

It has nothing to do with reaching the best gear! At times the game seems dull even without having OP gear. I have nothing against this game, i love pwi dont get me wrong..

and im not trying to QQ about the flaws of this game. But it does have lack of imagination with things to do in this game..
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Finally someone who say same thing as me. Nothing left to do in the game. Even if you are R9, what the hell you do with it? You dont need to farm anything anymore cuz there is nothing better then R9 gear. So after you realize you spend tons of money on the game to get gear you will be "bored R9 looking for something to do"
    As far as I see....the game is dead. Only good thing left are friends.

I think the next step they should take is to release new content for the higher lvls, im sure they are planning on this as we speak.

Which will even give a challenge to the r9 players, (new instances, new mobs ect)

I still have hope that the next big update will keep the game fresh and new. So all we can do now is wait.
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013

Yes world chat is fun :)
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People do different things at endgame, and it's not just THIS game, it's every MMO out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    People do different things at endgame, and it's not just THIS game, it's every MMO out there.

Name ONE... b:chuckle b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013

This is not true i can name many games that have elements that keep the game alive and fresh.
    edited February 2013
    This is not true i can name many games that have elements that keep the game alive and fresh

There are always new things coming out for high levels in updates, there was nirvana that came out, then they revamped warsong to have G16 stuff, then they did NW, they're bound to come out with something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013

Why you want to reach endgame so fast? I hardly call 3 years on a game rushing or reaching end game fast... especially when 6-9 months of those 3 years was spent at level 85... the last year was at level 100 for the entirety of 2012. Where is the rushing? This is my main, it should be at end game considering. My next two characters are at level 85, a barb and a cleric, and they were made to be that level to help recruits in a faction I made that will likely never go anywhere.

Why not take it slowly instead, have fun reaching it and feeling like you have actually worked for something? How much slower could I have taken it? The feeling of actually working for anything gets shafted every single year since the winter of 2010. Every single time I am just at that point of "OMG i can actually compete with the highest end game people! Yay! I made it!" In comes the next update of feeling like, "WOW all that work just got one shotted by the newest version of R$ Godmode that I cant possibly compete against."

Are you sure there's nothing farmable left? What is farmable for me would be out of NW at this point (with its added insult of the reason you are farming NW to begin with is one shotting you in the process, but it is definitely worth it), warsoul recast (and dont even try to say farm tt or lunar for a chance of getting warsouls, anything "chance" with pw is just blatantly becoming more so **** than it even was since this summer), r8 recast (and dont bother saying get to trials, thats just outright bs). I have my end helm and cloak, Nirvy t2's (nirvy t3's are worthless unless all your gear is going to be nirvy t3). The cube neck and jungle belt could both be farmable, but that still requires money farmed in order to farm just to run the cube and money to actually make the cogs. This is not to mention, more NW for the warsouls for that. The jungle belt is a matter of if i can actually make it on tuesday nights.

Have you challenged yourself with all fancy stuff already (solo things, win everyone in PK, win ganks in PK, figure out new ways to solo dungeons etc)? At level 100 I was able to solo Eden, which includes Phlebo who hits hard as anything, and that Thousand Years boss, who just happens to be water immune (as an fyi, as a psy, the only skills i have are Earth, and Water, with few physical/soul force based skills besides). I was able to solo SoT up to Lord of Captivation (i believe his name was), which includes that fire mini-boss just before him, and minus that electrical boss I didnt even bother trying due to past squad experience on that one. Solo'd fc to heads room, including the hands boss for my friend's son once so he could grab free heads. Wasnt free for me, and that bubble boss that i heard could be glitched was like 30 minutes to an hour long to kill between being bubbled. b:cry I think 21-120 supply tokens per nw tells more about my pk abilities or lack thereof than anything i can say or anyone else can say. The only r9 item i have is the trauma ring and peeking over a lot of g16 nirvy stats, i am at a major elemental resistance, atk/def level AND hps disadvantage compared to many others of equal level.

What do you really want from this game? To build my character, the way I want to build my character, the way I envision my character and actually be able to compete with that character. What I want, is to play a game worth playing, a game that does not by necessity need to be fed gross amounts of money and/or time to be able to play. Sure, one can farm/grind without charms, but how long is the down time in meditating? One can farm using charms, that cost 8-10 mil coin for hps charms and 4-8 mil per mp charm... 12-18 mil = about $10 real money... just to get drop rates that... b:angry But thats not what PWE wants from us now is it? The "integrity of their game" is certainly not what they want this game to be about. All that matters to PWE with every coin drop and drop rate they further deplete as they have been depleting at this point for literally years now... All that matters to PWE as they deplete the chances of getting anything worthwhile out of packs, or the chances of simply even refining gears to friggin +4 using mirages... All that matters to PWE is the $.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This game already is end game to its own self.People are way to powerful to its own content in most cases.Game is more into more updates on armor/weapons and such instead of making the game actually alot more stronger.Even with all these updates i tend to still see the daily grind of bh's..bout it.

you know its bad when my main income is bh's,and i have to say ty pw for making me a wealthy lucky man.

you actually meditate?
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    This game already is end game to its own self.People are way to powerful to its own content in most cases.Game is more into more updates on armor/weapons and such instead of making the game actually alot more stronger.Even with all these updates i tend to still see the daily grind of bh's..bout it.

you know its bad when my main income is bh's,and i have to say ty pw for making me a wealthy lucky man.

you actually meditate?

New Content is definitely needed. But a definition of "New Content" is needed for PWE apparently. New Content =/= more top end OP gears b:surrender . New Content = new PvE instances and PvP events for those that have top end OP gears.

No I CS Charms. Between the levels of about 60 and I'd say 75+-ish, I did meditate a LOT (but a lot less than other casters would while grinding) due to the fact all my gear was MP Recovery gears (because I was sick of meditating more than killing mobs) and I was able to afford a 100 stack of L.60 npc mp pots every outing, so it literally took exactly 1 minute to go from absolutely 0 mana points up to full again (and that was recovering if i remember correctly 103-ish per tick). At least I can be honest compared to most that miracuously "farm charms" the same way they "farm r9". b:chuckle I mean come on... even the dq drop rates suck at this point because PW so kindly even lowered drop rates. So getting Event Gold that way sux to begin with... Did I mention how well the DQ points updates? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Well yes you would get bored fairly quickly using that method.

However it's the nature of an MMO that there will always be something new that's stronger than the current as time goes on. Four years ago, a set of TT90 gold gear refined to +5 and fully sharded with immaculate shards was considered the realm of fantasy and that if that were ever achieved the person who did so would have nothing left to achieve ingame.

Nowadays? That's considered low-class gear for 1-shots.

Four years ago getting an entire faction together to take on Harpy Wraith was considered the ultimate endgame challenge that we wouldn't be able to achieve for who-knows-how-long and that if you could do that there would no longer be anything in PvE that could possibly challenge you.

Nowadays? Harpy is regularly solo'd as soon as she respawns on every server.
    lol ok then, js, never seen/heard of someone soloing on archo. Maybe we to nab?
    edited February 2013
    lol ok then, js, never seen/heard of someone soloing on archo. Maybe we to nab?

That's because you haven't been playing for THAT long, several people on the server solo it and have done so, Fatality, _Choc_Fudge_, all those people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My opinion:
    1. This game is Free to play, what mean: free to play in demo version in Pay to play in full version.
    2. Almost all players, which play in PWI for period longer than 2 years having R9+ are cashshopers , PWI merchants (workers 24/7) or scammers (sellers of cheap items for millions of coins, botters, etc. - hidden category of players).
    3. Some possibilities to play without fee are deleted by PWI developers to attract cashshopers:
    1) players could craft and sell **(2 star) items to level up crafting skills - developers sell these skills now
    2) players could sell Dragon Orders to craft good items - developers sell through CS even better items
    3) players could get items from Supply Stash - they are temporary now
    4) players could get and sell Nirvana items - developers introduced NW and PvE is less important now.
  • _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My opinion:
    1. This game is Free to play, what mean: free to play in demo version in Pay to play in full version.
    2. Almost all players, which play in PWI for period longer than 2 years having R9+ are cashshopers , PWI merchants (workers 24/7) or scammers (sellers of cheap items for millions of coins, botters, etc. - hidden category of players).
    3. Some possibilities to play without fee are deleted by PWI developers to attract cashshopers:
    1) players could craft and sell **(2 star) items to level up crafting skills - developers sell these skills now
    2) players could sell Dragon Orders to craft good items - developers sell through CS even better items
    3) players could get items from Supply Stash - they are temporary now
    4) players could get and sell Nirvana items - developers introduced NW and PvE is less important now.

I totally agree, this game isnt free, just like many other games, if you dont pay here, you are like a trial
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have payed 10$ and come very far in game. To be the very best, it isn't free, but no game can be free that way. Many p2p games you have to pay to get more too.
    Also, the original poster said this game leads to a dead end. All games have ends, if lv 105 r999 full +12 is a dead end, then you played far past the end in my opinion. Paying leads to a dead end, until they update gear available and you have to pay for that too. I might be able to still find it fun because i don't pay. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]