seekers are too easy to play

Comments

• Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol it doesn't take much skill to master the seeker class guys o.o all of our skills are useful. We all know the combo we use against heavy armor classes or robe classes...really not hard to master lol.

don't get me wrong...this is by far my FAVORITE and i do think there is many ways to build this class

With g16 +6 weapon, i was hitting +10-+11r9 armor people for 8-10k with sacrificial assault combo (magic zerk)lol
  • FlailSticks - Heavens Tear
    FlailSticks - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For endgame seekers zerk crits happen around 1/10th of the time, why is that such a big deal?

with the right build every 1/4 hits will be a zerk crit, and 1/2 of the hits will be a crit...
    45% with GB crit buff 54% with rewinding gesture for 12 seconds...as a side note, having a higher crit can make edged blur hit 1.5x damage 3/4ths of the time
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seekers without GoF pose no threat to me in 1v1, 2v1, or even 3v1s. A +6 G16 sword on my +5 R9 doesn't do nearly enough to force me out of the fight, let alone kill me. I don't imagine that changes if we're talking end game full +12 with Jades. The only problem with that would be killing it, it may be a different case if you're massively debuffed, but a G16 Seeker doesn't cut it from what I can tell. It's the ability to zerk both magic and physical hits along with the ability to tank so well (even with +10 TT100s it took a triple spark to kill a full G16 Seeker) that makes them OP, oh, and the ability to reduce your defense and increase their attack while sealing you. Granted, G16 claws with a proper APS setup would allow me to deal a lot more damage and kill him without sparking provided I pulled off a good enough stunlock, but that's beside the point. The point is once they get Zerk and R9R3 Seekers become nothing short of completely broken. Not saying G16 Seekers aren't good, just saying it's Zerk that makes them truly threatening.

Yup, that Zerk is pretty awesome, but honestly the what? 20% chance of getting zerk? and then the 5% chance to get a zerk crit isn't enough to save yourself when your being mowed down by full rrr9 Mag Classes.

Also we're getting a bit off topic, the thread is about whether it's easier to play a seeker than any other class, not whether they are OP with zerk or not >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wanna know how broken seekers are?
    Look at this SS i got today from my NW. http://i.imgur.com/LvDvhjP.jpg
    That mystic was a rank 9
    and i m only regular rank 9 gears with my r9r2 weapon +7 with flawless phy attack gems
    and you could look at my sig too i guess.

And all this damage is just our own debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol well r9 bm's really arent hard for me to kill unless their very skilled which is rare.. and i only have +7 g16 swords also.. who actually uses krav maga in pvp?.. waste
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    That mystic was a rank 9
    and i m only regular rank 9 gears with my r9r2 weapon +7 with flawless phy attack gems

you say r9r2 but you post a picture of yourself with r9r3 wep.. unless its morai wep?
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    you say r9r2 but you post a picture of yourself with r9r3 wep.. unless its morai wep?

Ok lemme make that clear again lol
    r9 = regular rank 9
    r9r = rank 9 recasted
    r9r2 = rank 9 recasted twice

So, i really dont know what you mean when you r9r3? recasted three times? Also, i use krav maga in NW and TW cuz there's no point in gaining that extra crit and 3 attack lvl instead of 5 defense level. cuz since we 'll be hitting so many ppl already(combined with our natural crit rate along with that awesome 40% crit - if ur crit build), there'll be enough crits going around as it is. So i use krav maga in NW and TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    we call it 3rd cast r9 on sanctuary.. i would never use krav maga in either but then again im not r9 so i need the damage and crit.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    we call it 3rd cast r9 on sanctuary.. i would never use krav maga in either but then again im not r9 so i need the damage and crit.

we call it 3rd cast too but we also call it 2nd recast.
    Hence, why the r9r2 where r means recasted.
    But ya, it all depends on how your build is i guess. Since i got enough crit already, i use krav maga for extra 5 defense level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    idk sanctuary is stupid like that.
    edited February 2013
    this thread is all kinds of stupid.. too lazy to quote you all but.. first thing i saw was seekers get 40 base def lvls.. wrong its 35 read your skills first before you start posting on here like you know what you are talking about. second seekers are not too easy to play i know lots of seekers who have no idea what their doing with the best gear possible and they suck. for instance im full g16 with +5-8 refines with a +10 helm and i fought a 3rd cast r9 seeker for about 20 minutes before he was able to kill me. oh and for the person saying r9 bow doesn't proc when using skills.. go watch a tw video with an r9 archer barraging. oh and zanryu you must have fought some pretty fail seekers cause a +5 r9 bm would be nothing for me b:laugh
    yes..Sage Seekers get 40 base defense level with sage buff and Krav Maga

Second R9 Ranger bows do not PROC if they are using Metal Skills
  • _tannerru_ - Archosaur
    _tannerru_ - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    O_o so much QQ about seekers lately. If seekers are so easy to play why can't those rrr9+12 seekers kill this little seeker :)
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    O_o so much QQ about seekers lately. If seekers are so easy to play why can't those rrr9+12 seekers kill this little seeker :)

talking about seeker v seeker is pointless. they were talking about our damage on other classes. however it is indeed possible for a r9r2+12 fully JOSDed seeker to kill a regular rank 9 seeker if the former one is good ofc. I guess you could evaluate how well the seeker plays by having that seeker fight with another seeker. Cuz against other classes, its just a matter of knowing certain combo and thats about it. But then again, its the same for all other classes as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _tannerru_ - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    talking about seeker v seeker is pointless. they were talking about our damage on other classes. however it is indeed possible for a r9r2+12 fully JOSDed seeker to kill a regular rank 9 seeker if the former one is good ofc. I guess you could evaluate how well the seeker plays by having that seeker fight with another seeker. Cuz against other classes, its just a matter of knowing certain combo and thats about it. But then again, its the same for all other classes as well.

Seeker vs Seeker is one of my favorite 1v1. It poses the most challenge, because you both use the same combos and tactics :P so fun watching a seeker use combo on another, than the opposing seeker just QPQ'ing it back. lol Honestly though, with the addition of magic zerk, and being able to pull off the OMGOPHAHHA combo every 30 secs. It made it alot easier to kill other classes. But hey, we stuck through the horrid damage that seeker started with, lack of r9, and numerous other broke items for them.
    edited February 2013
    haha yes i agree seeker vs seeker battles when both seekers have identical gears, it comes down to luck, timing and skills (meaning you are fast to reacting with your seekers and using the right spells at the right situations, and you also have the right genie for that battle)

This does not include Duels...
  • LiveWire - Raging Tide
    LiveWire - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seekers is all about timing and skills, if you think it's an easy class you're wrong.

It's easy to be decent on a seeker, it's nearly impossible to be pro :)

I'm not r9r3 wep.. But armors, and i kill all seekers regardless of their gear on rt atm, there are so many abilities that are not used by any other seekers than me, on RT etc r8r wep with def lvl to cause larger debuff switch it to r9 and switch blessings, use mirage sword to HF people more efficiently and not loosing apoth. I hit arawin 22.171 crit non zerk unspark like that. "full r9r3 +12 JoSD cleric Emperor tome, r9r3 ring and g16+12 cube neck. And yesterday Damage test mob for 1.53milion unspark without help from any other people, with level 10 titans and no myst buff.

So come tell me seekers is only about gear, and i'll bet you 100mil i can kill you with equally geared :)

"im r9r3 armors +11 JOSD, g15+12 Cube magic, r9+12 sword garnets, g16 4 soc lunar helm, lvl 7 cit gem +11, g16 lunar cape +10 4 soc lvl 7 cit gem. Cloud stir+11 Sky Cover+3 Pure str 20k hp base. up to 147 def lvl, up to 150 atk lvl, 7821 mag res base 15000 pdef base. 23% crit, 637 str 76 vit 11 mag 173 dex with gear equipped."

:)
    edited February 2013
    Seekers is all about timing and skills, if you think it's an easy class you're wrong.

I'm not r9r3 wep.. But armors, and i kill all seekers regardless of their gear on rt atm, there are so many abilities that are not used by any other seekers than me, on RT etc r8r wep with def lvl to cause larger debuff switch it to r9 and switch blessings, use mirage sword to HF people more efficiently and not loosing apoth. I hit arawin 22.171 crit non zerk unspark like that. "full r9r3 +12 JoSD cleric Emperor tome, r9r3 ring and g16+12 cube neck. And yesterday Damage test mob for 1.53milion unspark without help from any other people, with level 10 titans and no myst buff.

So come tell me seekers is only about gear, and i'll bet you 100mil i can kill you with equally geared :)

"im r9r3 armors +11 JOSD, g15+12 Cube magic, r9+12 sword garnets, g16 4 soc lunar helm, lvl 7 cit gem +11, g16 lunar cape +10 4 soc lvl 7 cit gem. Cloud stir+11 Sky Cover+3 Pure str 20k hp base. up to 147 def lvl, up to 150 atk lvl, 7821 mag res base 15000 pdef base. 23% crit, 637 str 76 vit 11 mag 173 dex with gear equipped."

when you gonna lend me 100mill >.>

interesting which tt sword proc's hf?
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seeker is all about their self buff and zerk crit on both types of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013

I really dont see you using your "sword" to HF people more efficiently during TWs and NWs since its a once in a blue moon kinda thing. Its just you gotta rely on it to proc rather quickly if you do use it in group pvp. I am not talking about 1 v 1, or against a mob which is purely there to test your damage and nothing about your pvp skill.

And most ppl don't have r8r sword that they can use at the moment cuz everyone be focusing on getting other stuff first(like upgrading your rank 9 gear first).

23% crit rate? Which just means you gotta pray to every gods out there to land a crit hit on someone or a zerk crit for that matter.

This thread was talking about how easy it is to play a seeker and that's definitely true to a point. You just need to remember a certain combo and you can pretty much use it against any class in pwi and WIN if you're equally geared. As for mastering your seeker, that's something that can't be done pwi as it can't be done with any other classes in pwi. Cuz pwi is a money sucking company that is heavily geared towards outranking everything if your gear is powerful enough, at which point skills don't matter, only your survability does. And with fully end game geared seekers, they have the best of all in regards to the max defense achievable, so yes they are indeed easier to play.

I am not bashing against you. Its just how the game has been developed.

On that note, I have always been able to do 1 mill damage on that mob even when i was just regular rank 9 with no JOSDs in my gear and no barb buffs or watsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Seeker is all about their self buff and zerk crit on both types of damage.

Indeed. And that's the reason I am a pure crit build seeker. I either crit or zerk or zerk crit EVERY ATTACK. So, having the highest phy damage doesn't matter to me.

Sure pure strength build seekers can do some heavy damage on other people if they crit or zerk crit but that's once in a blue moon if you only have 23% crit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiveWire - Raging Tide
    LiveWire - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really dont see you using your "sword" to HF people more efficiently during TWs and NWs since its a once in a blue moon kinda thing. Its just you gotta rely on it to proc rather quickly if you do use it in group pvp. I am not talking about 1 v 1, or against a mob which is purely there to test your damage and nothing about your pvp skill.

And most ppl don't have r8r sword that they can use at the moment cuz everyone be focusing on getting other stuff first(like upgrading your rank 9 gear first).

23% crit rate? Which just means you gotta pray to every gods out there to land a crit hit on someone or a zerk crit for that matter.

This thread was talking about how easy it is to play a seeker and that's definitely true to a point. You just need to remember a certain combo and you can pretty much use it against any class in pwi and WIN if you're equally geared. As for mastering your seeker, that's something that can't be done pwi as it can't be done with any other classes in pwi. Cuz pwi is a money sucking company that is heavily geared towards outranking everything if your gear is powerful enough, at which point skills don't matter, only your survability does. And with fully end game geared seekers, they have the best of all in regards to the max defense achievable, so yes they are indeed easier to play.

I am not bashing against you. Its just how the game has been developed.

On that note, I have always been able to do 1 mill damage on that mob even when i was just regular rank 9 with no JOSDs in my gear and no barb buffs or watsoever.

1st i had the HF sword yesterday.

2nd what you're saying is complete rubbish, seekers can tank most in 1v1 by their great def but dies easily if u are unaware, i died to saint edwin before when i was afk and he sniped me- in 3-4 hits 3 sparked so dont overestimate their def either.

3rd my 1.53mil damage was without sparking, i do 4mil damage like that sparked.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    1st i had the HF sword yesterday.

2nd what you're saying is complete rubbish, seekers can tank most in 1v1 by their great def but dies easily if u are unaware, i died to saint edwin before when i was afk and he sniped me- in 3-4 hits 3 sparked so dont overestimate their def either.

3rd my 1.53mil damage was without sparking, i do 4mil damage like that sparked.

So, you mean you've actually done 4 mill damage on the mob for real? If so, why don't you try to beat that every week by sparking instead of getting "just" 1.5 mill damage on the mob? Aren't you doing that to show off anyways? Idk about you but i think 4 mill damage would look cooler than crappy 1.5 mill damage you deal every week. lol

Also i remember a few weeks back, i just sat there in west just walking around in west with you trying to "kill" me for good fifteen minutes. And i was just regular rank 9 while you already had the almighty r9r2 armors with ur r9+12 weapon. From what it looked like, you were having trouble killing me even though i wasn't even fighting back at all. Just means to prove my point earlier made. You have to pray to every god out there to get that lucky zerk crit to kill a fellow seeker who didn't even 1st recasted rank 9 nor any JOSDs in his gear.

Unless you go full crit build(like me muahaha) you will have trouble killing your opponent quickly and instead you have to hope for that zerk crit. Dont get me wrong. Zerk crit on an opponent is great but it still sucks when you basically have to rely on it to kill other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, you mean you've actually done 4 mill damage on the mob for real? If so, why don't you try to beat that every week by sparking instead of getting "just" 1.5 mill damage on the mob? Aren't you doing that to show off anyways? Idk about you but i think 4 mill damage would look cooler than crappy 1.5 mill damage you deal every week. lol

Also i remember a few weeks back, i just sat there in west just walking around in west with you trying to "kill" me for good fifteen minutes. And i was just regular rank 9 while you already had the almighty r9r2 armors with ur r9+12 weapon. From what it looked like, you were having trouble killing me even though i wasn't even fighting back at all. Just means to prove my point earlier made. You have to pray to every god out there to get that lucky zerk crit to kill a fellow seeker who didn't even 1st recasted rank 9 nor any JOSDs in his gear.

Unless you go full crit build(like me muahaha) you will have trouble killing your opponent quickly and instead you have to hope for that zerk crit. Dont get me wrong. Zerk crit on an opponent is great but it still sucks when you basically have to rely on it to kill other people.
    you are really making me regret my choice of going for nirvana gear and str build b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HF sword??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That mystic was a rank 9

if i were you id be more QQing and worried about R9r3 sins.
    Seekers need to get lucky, sins dont :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _tannerru_ - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    Indeed. And that's the reason I am a pure crit build seeker. I either crit or zerk or zerk crit EVERY ATTACK. So, having the highest phy damage doesn't matter to me.

Sure pure strength build seekers can do some heavy damage on other people if they crit or zerk crit but that's once in a blue moon if you only have 23% crit rate.

I'm pure strength with 32% crit doing just fine -__- lol.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    I'm pure strength with 32% crit doing just fine -__- lol.

If u reread my post again, i clearly was replying to his 23% crit rate, which sucks.
    Ofc, the most viable option would be to have crit of at least 33% . cuz then you'll crit at least every 3 attacks(give or take).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't say seekers are easy to play, but if you look at a seeker that just auto attacks and spam skills like a madman, he really don't know what he's doing.

There many things to think about being a seeker, whether which stances to use or not to use them at all (heartseeker glitch is annoying).

Spark is manageable as a seeker, if not quit wasting sparks on unnecessary vortexes or edged blur or summons or triple spark.

Playing a seeker would also require some skills as a veno or mystic, meaning the summons. Using summons not only makes you more dangerous, but chaining your skills with your summon, can potentially stun lock you enemy for a short period while being able to hammer them with attacks.

Lack of control skills and immune skills require skills to get out of those dangerous situations, because in a gank, anyone can die.
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol utter and complete bull****. seekers have gained a big but if not the best boost from the new expansion simply because they were under powered. e.g when morai wasnt out and how we had to use a mirage for our buffs and stuff like that. but as for now seekers are not the easiest class to play in the game because unfortunately it still and might always be physics.

either way any class is playable. its just about how you learn what your class is about and innovate with your class around other aspects of the game. lol even with this new expansion ive seen more seekers who just get rolled in pvp. thinking it's damn easy!
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    lol utter and complete bull****. seekers have gained a big but if not the best boost from the new expansion simply because they were under powered. e.g when morai wasnt out and how we had to use a mirage for our buffs and stuff like that. but as for now seekers are not the easiest class to play in the game because unfortunately it still and might always be physics.

either way any class is playable. its just about how you learn what your class is about and innovate with your class around other aspects of the game. lol even with this new expansion ive seen more seekers who just get rolled in pvp. thinking it's damn easy!

hey look at that i only had to read half of your post to know your a dumbass...