Inconsistent Nation Power?

MissTerra - Lost City
MissTerra - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Nation Wars
Has anybody ever noticed how nations rarely seem to be consistent in their power?

The weekend before last, I was in nations that started the war very strong and taking half the map, only to be base locked by the end of the war. Last Sunday, my nation was base locked the first half hour and ended the war with half the map.

Do nations spread themselves out too thin and too fast? Are powerful people showing up late to the war, or leaving when in winning nation?

I think part of it is luck, depending on how many powerful people are able to get out of base when base locked...I wish people who aren't powerful would stay in base until base lock is destroyed. It hurts EVERYBODY if a TT90 takes a spot against a team of R9's.
Post edited by MissTerra - Lost City on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It's not so much a inconsistent power as the people in general.

Nations with an early lead tend to overextend themselves or get cocky and stop defending and the like while the other nations will all turn on that one and, in the process, tend to ignore that one nation that gets to make a major comeback and take half the map.

A part of it is luck and sometimes what the high-tier OP squads do makes a large difference, but oftentimes it's just people being people.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A nation solo can't do much about the amount of teritories it get. It is always 2 side, attackers and defenders. One nation can be really strong but if all other nations decide to attack it - it has a problem. Also - a nation can be really weak but if all others nations are bashing each other leaving the weak nation untouched - the weak nation might get lots of teritories due to no need to fight strong people (which are busy trying to baselock/protect from baselocking).

It is common that at start of NW one nation wins, then in middle of NW all other nation decide to attack it and at end the strongest base gets baselocked. Noone can resist 3 nations attacking like 1 man for a hour. And the nation oposite side of map is in best situation since exept middle of map (if it manage to dig through it) it is not busy in a strong fight co can get weaker, unprotected teritories of side nations.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anybody ever noticed how nations rarely seem to be consistent in their power?

The weekend before last, I was in nations that started the war very strong and taking half the map, only to be base locked by the end of the war. Last Sunday, my nation was base locked the first half hour and ended the war with half the map.

Do nations spread themselves out too thin and too fast? Are powerful people showing up late to the war, or leaving when in winning nation?

I think part of it is luck, depending on how many powerful people are able to get out of base when base locked...I wish people who aren't powerful would stay in base until base lock is destroyed. It hurts EVERYBODY if a TT90 takes a spot against a team of R9's.

true but i can still make money against the r9 even with my **** gear

powerful ppl can make money easier other ways this is realy the only way to amke easy moeny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macabremidnight
    macabremidnight Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I take flags as a tt90 archer, I've captured so many times just because if I can get people who KNOW HOW TO DEFEND it works better for everyone.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you pay attention, a base lock is usually undone when two nations doing the locking fight eachother for a piece of land to continue their assault. It usually is not the baselocked nation that ends its own baselock; it's careful manipulation of the circumstances around it. Though the stupid people endlessly attacking the baselocker do tend to **** that up.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DW friday NW, squad sitting in I4 was tearing new buttholes for Dark defenders for a while

And then Dark got out from the southern route and encircled I4

But premade squads with good direction and strategy and OP gears are kind of why nations look unbalanced; it's usually a single group blazing its way across the map lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dont know if this is how its done but:

Lets say 10 powerful people in a faction multiclient with their alts they dont want to use, and also with the mains they will be using.

No one squads up and ONLY the alts are sent into NW at random.

Now for example those whose alts land in dark quickly squad up with their mains, and the mains of those others whose alts landed in other bases.

They then have squadded with a large group, whose leaders are all in dark - can they then summon the rest of the group, or the others simple then go into NW and all end up in dark?

...just wondering how those all powerful one sided groups seem to emerge......

EDIT - and if this IS hows its done, I think its time that squadding be removed from NW.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Wouldn't work. You can't squad with someone who's already in a NW and still enter. All squadding must be done either before you all enter or after.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As much as I love my squad to spread the power they should have made it so people can't enter in a squad in the same nation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013

When you get base locked usually it's a squad or two of over powered people locking you down. By allowing squads before entering NW PWI allows r9r +12 people to all be in the same nation and basically win any war they get in together. That said a lot of them choose to block an opponents base.

It seems inconsistent at times because when they start to get split up/kicked out of instance they begin to lose wars and also end up separated due to lack of wars to enter.