Gear for BM thread

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Blademaster
http://pwcalc.com/0e480aed66c38f5c

This is currently my interval set up. I have a +10 WoCC and +10 physical cube neck/warsong belt(from wiz) that I switch to when AoEing. Also 2 sock +3 zerk G15 nirvana axes.

My question is, which pavilion would I be able to solo? If at all.

I only have experience on soloing pavilions with magic characters...so kind of at a loss

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: As this character is just the character I would use to get the badges for wizards third stage R9, is demon HF worth it as well? It would be if doing spawn point, but in normal warsongs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/0e480aed66c38f5c

This is currently my interval set up. I have a +10 WoCC and +10 physical cube neck/warsong belt(from wiz) that I switch to when AoEing. Also 2 sock +3 zerk G15 nirvana axes.

My question is, which pavilion would I be able to solo? If at all.

I only have experience on soloing pavilions with magic characters...so kind of at a loss

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: As this character is just the character I would use to get the badges for wizards third stage R9, is demon HF worth it as well? It would be if doing spawn point, but in normal warsongs?

You should be able to solo Wood, Earth, and Water if you pay attention to the mods exploding or the wood mobs brambling. TBH the LA ornie setup really hurts you defensive wise, it's too bad you didnt post prior to getting the setup. Overall you should be fine if you play well. I know multiple BMs with +5 all around, N1 Axes and Claws, that solo defend fine.

Spawn point it's gonna depend on your squad makeup. It's not needed with a good group as the bosses should be down by 6 seconds, however if something goes wrong or the DDs aren't up to par - the extra 3 seconds will be really nice. Spawn point is mostly chi management. Incarcerate may murder if you if you catch aggro at the wrong time tho.

Edit: I wanna say theres some threads somewhere about soloing those pavs. Wood and Earth is mostly about the APS, and Water you can go APS but Axe AoE is more efficient.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Water is meant for BMs, but as Maelael said if you have decent dps then wood and earth are easy, too. Water are smaller mobs that come in numbers and deal physical damage so you can aoe them. With paint and phys marrow I just stand there and let the head attack me too. Earth is higher hp mobs that show up at a slower rate, hit a little harder, and if you don't kill them they explode. With +11 G16 claws and 3.33 aps it should be easy for you and there is plenty of room to kite so you can avoid the head. Wood is inbetween these two. Medium room to kite the head, medium hp mobs, and physical damage. Easy enough to kill before they explode.

Since you have LA ornies I'd consider you to be about a 6k hp BM so water might be more difficult for you since the mobs tend to gang up and there is less room to kite the head. I think Earth would be your best bet since you're basically a sin build.

Demon HF is always helpful, whether its worth it for an alt or not is up to you. You know as a wizard that its sometimes hard to catch a 6 second HF with a big attack, where a 9 second is easy. If you're in the middle of an attack and HF goes off then its prolly 2 seconds before you channel and cast the initial attack and prolly 2-3 seconds before you cast your next attack and with game lag the HF was prolly cast 1-2 seconds before it appeared on your screen so it may be gone before you have time to cast your ulti attack.

For bosses, its basically an extra 50% more HF (going from 6 seconds to 9 seconds). My goal for squads is to kill the bosses before HF ends. Once its gone things slow down alot, less bp, sin deaths,... So it is really helpful. Its also really expensive. It costs about 100m, so will it ever pay itself back on an alt? Dunno. You might get more squads. You might get better squads. Your runs will certainly be faster and smoother with demon HF, but enough to justify the cost only you can say.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Water is meant for BMs, but as Maelael said if you have decent dps then wood and earth are easy, too.

This is pretty much all you need to know
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tried water last night twice. First time I did aps build and it was perfectly fine until the bloody purge.

Went again and just AoE'd repeatedly. Didn't get purged and finished it quite easily with 13k HP and 30k(ish) phys def with marrow, the only thing I really want is better refined axes and maybe +7 armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)