Which barebones r9+10 would be most competitive with r9+10/12 fully shaded?

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »

gg i wanna reroll seeker

wizards need at least a channelling cut to match up with the other classes

No. We've already established that you just suck at wiz
  • OriginalSinX - Heavens Tear
    OriginalSinX - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Psy, no question, with +10 and a +12 wep, 1-5/1-4 get sealed for 5 seconds, and psy will ftw, so much immunity, just shard with cheap morai exclusive garnets.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I don't know any other class that can hit 80k on a full r9r2 barb in invoke fully buffed.

Seekers are brokenly-overpowered. In both the defense department and offense department.
    seekers arent OP -.- i only wish.
    invoke probably wore off cause i know i dont hit that hard with my R9r3+12 sword....

ANY class that can zerk crit is OP
    Zerk critting archers who shoot from 38458 feet away? OP
    Psy stunning the hoo haa out of you and critting you? OP

I think some pple fail to take into account that some of these so called super crits that seekers dish out, are combos that take

1- a good while to CD
    2- 5-6 skills in succession= takes longer= can be interrupted QUITE often.

In fact i see a few VERY PROMINENT OP pple in this thread that thrive on their characters, soloing pretty much every instance and every boss, every PVP content, complaining about a seeker, a class they will never be even though they have the $$ to fully R9r3 it, cause its not AS good. What is this BS

@OP
    Id try a psy or an archer....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • howryou
    howryou Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Funny no one thinks assassin are OP anymore these day. Aps gear are outdated and incredibly weak (oneshot by any stage 3 with decent refines). New Morai skills are a joke (let me check your purse, drop me some dq when u die, make everyone invisible for 5 sec).
    Hope assassin make a comeback in later patches like useful new skills/buff and upgrade to the outdated aps gears. b:surrender

Yea aps class are useless these day unless u meet someone who's still a newb or undergeared. There's still hope tho. You can go DPH(drop aps gears and get gear that increase your attack lvl like r9 for example) and sneak up on an opponent throw all debuff and stun on them, then spam a few skill on them(don't auto attack). If this fail to kill your opponent and your opponent is with a bunch of his allies, u should run or stealth and pick on weaker target(s). GL all you sins. b:kiss
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2013

ANY class that can zerk crit is OP
    Zerk critting archers who shoot from 38458 feet away? OP

Um... b:puzzled
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013

What? I'm guessing you haven't been 5.0 slingshotted before either.
    edited January 2013
    crit crit :P you know what i mean lol dont point that out
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The issue with seekers is Quid Pro Quo, that skill MUST be changed so it wont transfer the defense level debuff from Sacrificial Slash to the target. Seekers MUST NOT have a skill that increases attack level and/or decreases target defense level with NO PENALTY, no chi cost and every 30 seconds, lets not even mention critical zerks please.. what are the developers in china thinking?

Regarding the OP why would you play a squishy class when seekers can deal so much damage and tank almost anything? have you seen the damage rankings lately? is either a seeker or arma barb winning every week.
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
    edited January 2013
    The issue with seekers is Quid Pro Quo, that skill MUST be changed so it wont transfer the defense level debuff from Sacrificial Slash to the target. Seekers MUST NOT have a skill that increases attack level and/or decreases target defense level with NO PENALTY, no chi cost and every 30 seconds, lets not even mention critical zerks please.. what are the developers in china thinking?

Regarding the OP why would you play a squishy class when seekers can deal so much damage and tank almost anything? have you seen the damage rankings lately? is either a seeker or arma barb winning every week.
    balanced = making it into a class that anyone would be willing to play if it suits their play style. Not nerfing all the traits that you personally find irritating to you and cant work around with.

Every class has their pros and cons. By your description, if i hadnt played the game before, id flock to being a seeker. Only to realize such fantasies dont occur unless i become that 5% of the servers top ranking gears b:surrender
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

meh..
    anyway why do you speak in third person?
    r u that unsure u need "the others" approval to express a judgement? not that expressing a judgement on a person that you dont know isnt just full rtard...also do you feel u need to troll people here to be recognized as a part of a group?

sociopath and pathetic

try to reply game-wise instead posting worthless\rtard\noob stuff just everytime, also giving really a worthless\rtard\noob impression of the "we" you are talking about (chinatown i suppose since thats your faction right?)
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013

Is it just me or have Seekers replaced Sins as the new QQ class ? b:avoid
    edited January 2013
    Is it just me or have Seekers replaced Sins as the new QQ class ? b:avoid
    ikr. if i could shift the gear or amount i spent on seeker to something else id shift it to archer just cause their so crit-ful, and fleety (run forrest run)
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Well I agree the ability to transfer the defense level debuff could be changed that it cannot be QPQed, that in and of itself would fix a lot of things for people annoyed by seekers.

Also the fact that seeker can increase their attack levels while decreasing their defense levels is not really OP or broken in my opinion since technically the penalty is the decreased def levels. After all Psychic's voodoos are basically the same thing. Nor do I agree their ability to decrease their targets attack/def levels via SM is OP.

As much as a seeker can dish out huge damage with GoF crits their only fall back in the end is their lack of anti stun, which is what usually ends up getting them killed. And in all honesty the QPQ sacrificial slash set up is quite easily detectable unless your distracted in group PK.The only thing in my mind that is a pain is again the ability to QPQ sacrificial slash.

And yes it is quite funny how seekers are now the new class to complain about. I so sure a few months back it was complaining about how underpowered they are.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    And in all honesty the QPQ sacrificial slash set up is quite easily detectable unless your distracted in group PK.The only thing in my mind that is a pain is again the ability to QPQ sacrificial slash.

Whenever I QPQ/sacrif slash combo onto someone, I always start with BA first for the channeling buff. Then using hot keys it doesn't take more than half second to debuff someone with that combo (particularly since QPQ has an instant cast). Then of course if sage QPQ the person is both debuffed and silenced and thus can't counter unless burn through genie or something.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whenever I QPQ/sacrif slash combo onto someone, I always start with BA first for the channeling buff. Then using hot keys it doesn't take more than half second to debuff someone with that combo (particularly since QPQ has an instant cast). Then of course if sage QPQ the person is both debuffed and silenced and thus can't counter unless burn through genie or something.

this +1 only way to block an inteligent seeker comboing is genie, because we can easily drop sac slash and quid in the blade affinity, +gemini and arme nier during BA and the silence of quid
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well I agree the ability to transfer the defense level debuff could be changed that it cannot be QPQed, that in and of itself would fix a lot of things for people annoyed by seekers.

Also the fact that seeker can increase their attack levels while decreasing their defense levels is not really OP or broken in my opinion since technically the penalty is the decreased def levels. After all Psychic's voodoos are basically the same thing. Nor do I agree their ability to decrease their targets attack/def levels via SM is OP.

As much as a seeker can dish out huge damage with GoF crits their only fall back in the end is their lack of anti stun, which is what usually ends up getting them killed. And in all honesty the QPQ sacrificial slash set up is quite easily detectable unless your distracted in group PK.The only thing in my mind that is a pain is again the ability to QPQ sacrificial slash.

And yes it is quite funny how seekers are now the new class to complain about. I so sure a few months back it was complaining about how underpowered they are.

The key difference is that a Psychic can't transfer their defense level debuff. Sage Blade Affinity and Unfetter do the job well enough to keep out of stuns, and other debuffs for that matter. If Seekers couldn't zerk on metal skills, transfer SS's defense level debuff, or Edged Blur past damage resist then they wouldn't be OP. They'd be perfectly capable of landing kills but wouldn't be able to zerk crit 30ks from long range, which would be a lot more balanced.

Then again this is PWI, if they were to nerf one class they'd end up breaking another. If they fix Seekers next thing we know we'll have Mystics one shotting people with plants.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013

Forgive me I did not clarify what I meant by 'easily detectable'. What I mean is for example in a 1v1 situation once you see the BA followed by SS or just in general SS anywhere in their combo, it is a pretty good indication the seeker is probably going for some kind of 1 shot or charm bypass, hence what I mean by easily detectable. And yes unless you are not stunned initially you will have no other option but to use your genie to shield against their combo or burn an apoth ->IF<- need be.

In a group setting of course you really have to learn to pay attention to your buff tab to ensure you have not been hit with it, aka learning what the debuff icon looks like. But of course if you have already wasted your genie/apoth and are stunned and get hit with that combo. You can only pray you have enough survivability and the seeker does not land a GoF on you.

As a heavy armour class 1v1ing a seeker, it is easy to forget you can make use of a very nifty genie skill called heart of steel(if I got the name right). It is basically Metal immunity for 8 seconds and can be spammed. If you see a seeker using that combo chances are they are planning to drop metal attacks which would make sense against HA. If they have already used Ion spike, battousai or Edged blur,you can consider yourself a little bit safer from that combo for about 30 seconds. All they would have left is Battousai and a few physical attacks which I don't believe would have the damage capable of dropping you fast enough give or take.

As an arcane of course you just have be able to seal/stun the seeker given your opening to avoid that same combo but followed by Gemni/Arma Nier.Which in the process if you are stunned you will not be able to use your apoth/skills. The thing about seekers though again is they lack CC and anti stun abilities so keeping them pinned so you can kite is not a huge problem, especially if your a cleric. You can easily make use of Seal of the Gods and Sleep and in the process form your own opening for a combo.

Again to comment on 1v1's, I notice sometimes people forget they can make more than 1 genie for any specific class they wish to target. And I believe for HA's heart of steel can work wonders against a seekers if your timing and openings are taken advantage of. Also if I am correct the genie skill Belief can purify the debuff+immune to debuffs for a few seconds, so that also might help.

@Zanryu and yes as I said, the only thing I think that makes it a problem is the ability to QPQ the defense level debuff and could/should be changed.I Loled at 1 shotting with plants XD. thanks for that laugh :P.

Also if anything I said above is inaccurate please correct meb:thanks.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    meh..
    anyway why do you speak in third person?
    r u that unsure u need "the others" approval to express a judgement? not that expressing a judgement on a person that you dont know isnt just full rtard...also do you feel u need to troll people here to be recognized as a part of a group?

sociopath and pathetic

try to reply game-wise instead posting worthless\rtard\noob stuff just everytime, also giving really a worthless\rtard\noob impression of the "we" you are talking about (chinatown i suppose since thats your faction right?)

First off, "we" is not 3rd person. It's still 1st. Thanks for trying though. Gold star for effort.

And the entire wiz forums came to a consensus you don't know how to play at all. Wizzies as a class do not need to be buffed. You're just terrible.

Weird you know what faction I'm in.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    First off, "we" is not 3rd person. It's still 1st. Thanks for trying though. Gold star for effort.

And the entire wiz forums came to a consensus you don't know how to play at all. Wizzies as a class do not need to be buffed. You're just terrible.

Weird you know what faction I'm in.

We don't need to be buffedb:cry?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Psshh... people are making way too much hay over the defense lvls debuff alone without realizing that's only a fraction of what a smart Seeker can do to you.

Crimson soul powder: 30% damage amp
    Sacrificial slash: 40+ Def level debuff
    Fortify: 50% reduction in magic defense from gear

All 3 above can be QPQ' d on to you at the same time. Toss in additional 20% damage amp from EP and you've got one massive debuff that would put BM' s HF to shame. You probably won't even need a zerk crit on the above to one shot a Barb.
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seekers are back on the list!

Wizard is also on the list.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1nm49YEyNs
    Looks like a blast!

Seeker, Archer, Psychic, Wizard.
    I'll decide soon enough and I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever class it is.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013

Looks like a blast!

8:28 was some funny stuffb:laugh. I can't tell if they seriously forgot the flag or they were running because they saw Androitb:chuckle.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've always wanted to try wizard or seeker for a pk event, with the influx of archers and psychics would be fun to change things up a bit. :3

Also because they are the classes that always kick my butt....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Looks like a blast!

I would choose a Wizard since it's my favorite class.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/f956b765b81c0022

this is the worse seeker scenario, i added 10 def lvl on ring from krag maga sage unfetter and eventual engraves...

this can afktank anyclass anygear

seekers are truly overpowered... a seeker like this autoatks and afk tanks you till you are 60% hp

then

telestun->sac ***, crimson powder, fortify, frenzy -> qpq -> switch r999 belt weapon and jones blessing.>instachannelling ion spike debuff and gemini slash

gg i wanna reroll seeker

wizards need at least a channelling cut to match up with the other classes

dph sins just 2spark subsea mire rift toxic torrent from stealth to take down groups

I was going to say something...but

he said it instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Psshh... people are making way too much hay over the defense lvls debuff alone without realizing that's only a fraction of what a smart Seeker can do to you.

Crimson soul powder: 30% damage amp
    Sacrificial slash: 40+ Def level debuff
    Fortify: 50% reduction in magic defense from gear

All 3 above can be QPQ' d on to you at the same time. Toss in additional 20% damage amp from EP and you've got one massive debuff that would put BM' s HF to shame. You probably won't even need a zerk crit on the above to one shot a Barb.

Sac slash on a josd R999 seeker is a lot more.

A normal R999 josd is like 85 defense level with 135 attack level.
    Seeker starts at that 85 then adds 35 def lev from sage buff and another 5 from krav maga for 125 defense lev. If they switch to omalley before sac strike thats 140 defense level. 40% of that is a 56 defense level debuff with a 28 attack level buff. Quid pro that and its a sudden swing of 84 attack levels.
    Quid Pro Quo is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    Sac slash is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    The -85% channeling instant cast buff is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    It's way too easy to derp all that together and get some BS 30k zerk crits off unsparked metal attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hooray for being a cleric, I purify this sorta stuff off... well no actually I don't because with qpq I'd be sealed.

One thing I'd like to train myself to do is to learn intuitively the animations and steps a seeker takes when prepping to qpq. If you can accurately predict when its coming, will surge before he qpqs. Then go for the stun/sleep/seal of your OWN... and if you do it right, the seeker is stuck with all the deadly dangerous debuffs he was about to give to you, lol! Pew Pew.

If you will surge but he gets the qpq off anyways, go into avoidance mode. As a cleric, that would mean purify and plume shell. As an archer, leaps. As a sin, probably triple sparking. As a wizard, leap. As a psychic, that immune to physical dmg skill. As a bm, leap. As another seeker... qpq those deadly debuffs back to the seeker who gave em to you!. As a veno, 79 skill to become immune to dmg. As a mystic.... either 79 shell, or ... yeah I'd use salvation pet in a fight against seeker, put some shields onto yourself.

Counters!

Predictability!

Yes seekers are dangerous when you aren't keeping an eye on them but geez, so is any class. If you don't watch that bm he'll hf you. Don't watch that wizard he'll genie spark > fire skills. Don't watch that psy will tear you apart with raw dmg... don't watch that mystic and he'll fire off some absorb souls... sin will triple spark dps you if you aren't watching... veno will purge, amp, suck your chi, then debuff your magic, physical defenses plus give you HF debuff... barb will arma you if you don't keep an eye on him... oh yes the cleric will do the healing debuffs which are actually incredibly dangerous.

See what I mean?

In the case of seekers their combo is always the same, so if you are fighting against just the seeker, you know exactly what he's gonna do, it doesn't matter how dangerous it is, if you know whats coming, you can always block it somehow. If you don't bother to take the time to devise strategies or prepare your genie to combat this one tactic, then you deserve to fall to it.

Also, very important: quid pro quo has a ONE MINUTE cooldown, NOT 30s. Sacrificial slash can be used every 30 seconds, but without qpq it, its actually quite dangerous for seeker to use.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Also, very important: quid pro quo has a ONE MINUTE cooldown, NOT 30s. Sacrificial slash can be used every 30 seconds, but without qpq it, its actually quite dangerous for seeker to use.

Lvl 11 qpq has 30s cd
  • BlackMorder - Raging Tide
    BlackMorder - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXvF54o_i8

full r9 +12 JOSD Seeker vs bezmor, WHO didn't even had full r9 gears that time :P
    Seeker has great def lvls esp with JOSD, and they got zerk crit too, but they can't do much vs a psy if psy use def charms and appropriate skills.
    I one shotted full r9 seeker with only stonesmasher lvl 100 psy skill, which was crit.... and so many other full r9 seekers, and got many times one shot by them too when they zerk crit and i'm in blackvoodoo..
    Seeker is an OP class, but can't really do much vs a sage psy with 50k+ SF, with over 13 sec stun skill ROFL. b:thanks
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXvF54o_i8

full r9 +12 JOSD Seeker vs bezmor, WHO didn't even had full r9 gears that time :P
    Seeker has great def lvls esp with JOSD, and they got zerk crit too, but they can't do much vs a psy if psy use def charms and appropriate skills.
    I one shotted full r9 seeker with only stonesmasher lvl 100 psy skill, which was crit.... and so many other full r9 seekers, and got many times one shot by them too when they zerk crit and i'm in blackvoodoo..
    Seeker is an OP class, but can't really do much vs a sage psy with 50k+ SF, with over 13 sec stun skill ROFL. b:thanks

Because no one can badge of courage out of the stun, or just anti stun before hitting the psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)