GoF or GTFO

Deg - Lost City
Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Seeker
How do nv3 seekers stand not having gof on there swords? I decided to go nv3 not r9 but i cant stand that nv3 doesnt have gof.
Does 10 extra att lvls are as good as having gof?
Post edited by Deg - Lost City on

Comments

• Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    no i have the 3rd vana swords and i would much rather have r9 but the vana swords are still comparable to 1st cast r9, against 3rd cast.. its basically useless.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do nv3 seekers stand not having gof on there swords? I decided to go nv3 not r9 but i cant stand that nv3 doesnt have gof.
    Does 10 extra att lvls are as good as having gof?

If you're talking PVP... the problem with Vana swords compared to even standard R9 is that the lack of Gof means you're missing out on one of the most... if not the most important update to Seekers from the Siren patch... which is the ability to now zerk on metal skills.

If you're talking PVE only then to be honest Vana swords are probably better of the two since they have higher base damage than even first cast R9.
  • BanMePls - Heavens Tear
    BanMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Then r0ll G0F 0n r8r sw0rd if y0u're t0 lazy t0 farm r9.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My want the GOF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deg - Lost City
    Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Then r0ll G0F 0n r8r sw0rd if y0u're t0 lazy t0 farm r9.

I did consider r8r but does it do reasonable dmg without any attack lvls even with gof, compared to nv3
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did consider r8r but does it do reasonable dmg without any attack lvls even with gof, compared to nv3

Sadly not really. The only real option is r9. Unless of course...You want to be a r8r GoF sword will Full DoT build. To be honest it probably would not be that terrible with the right set up.Example.

Don't mind shards to much I just copy pasted this from an example I was showing someone in another thread v.v. But anyway with a Jones blessing you would be looking at 51 attack levels+GoF. Where as with full s3, just 90 attack levels no GoF. I would say s3 nirv would do much higher base damage than r8r hands down. But when you factor in GoF with the same set up minus some of the attack levels it makes me wonder which would do more on a Crit or GoF Crit.

If someone could do the math maybe it works out about the same or more.Just me guessing right now if someone could help/correct me :P.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With high crit, r9 > r8r > nirv 3rd.

Nirvana/Warsoul is only useful if you have painfully low crit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    With high crit, r9 > r8r > nirv 3rd.

Nirvana/Warsoul is only useful if you have painfully low crit rate.

Your post actually confuses me a bit, could you please elaborateb:thanks.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your post actually confuses me a bit, could you please elaborateb:thanks.

GoF/Crit with 3rd cast armor + r8r weap: 1000 x 4 x 1.5 = 6000

Full nirv 3rd cast: 1500 x 2 x 1.9 = 5700

The gap gets bigger once you start adding debuffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    GoF/Crit with 3rd cast armor + r8r weap: 1000 x 4 x 1.5 = 6000

Full nirv 3rd cast: 1500 x 2 x 1.9 = 5700

The gap gets bigger once you start adding debuffs.

Ahhh so my theory about r8r wep with GoF+Full s3 was actually correct. So in all fairness if you don't feel like getting r9 for the GoF r8r with full s3 might actually be a good option? If so I think I might actually pursue the GoF on my seekers or barbs r8r weapon idea just to try it out.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Ahhh so my theory about r8r wep with GoF+Full s3 was actually correct. So in all fairness if you don't feel like getting r9 for the GoF r8r with full s3 might actually be a good option? If so I think I might actually pursue the GoF on my seekers or barbs r8r weapon idea just to try it out.

barb r8r weapon is for purge or defence lvls its damage is pathetic.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    barb r8r weapon is for purge or defence lvls its damage is pathetic.

Well either or, since I already have a s3 weapon. GoF just seems so tempting all the timeb:surrender.
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not having GoF on g16 sword is terrible. Against r93r its+10 it is very difficult to kill. But with the right combo and crit, it can still do wonders. My g16+10 on a crit hits same as r91st cast sword zerk crit.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Not having GoF on g16 sword is terrible. Against r93r its+10 it is very difficult to kill. But with the right combo and crit, it can still do wonders. My g16+10 on a crit hits same as r91st cast sword zerk crit.

Um no... it doesn't.

Crit on g16 sword = x2 damage.

Zerk crit on R9 sword = x4 damage.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    idk about the same damage as 1st cast r9 sword zerk crit but dual s3 vana swords/blades do alot more base damage then the r9 1st cast plus 10 more atk lvls.
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Um no... it doesn't.

Crit on g16 sword = x2 damage.

Zerk crit on R9 sword = x4 damage.

R9 1st cast does not hit very hard. . . With my g16 astral at +10 and someone else's r9 1st cast at +10, that person's max dmg range is a little bit higher than my min. My max dmg, on the other hand, is about 3-4k more.
    So it depends where along the damage range the hit procs. Zerk Crit is x4 damage only if G16 and R91st cast have same base dmg.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    R9 1st cast does not hit very hard. . . With my g16 astral at +10 and someone else's r9 1st cast at +10, that person's max dmg range is a little bit higher than my min. My max dmg, on the other hand, is about 3-4k more.
    So it depends where along the damage range the hit procs. Zerk Crit is x4 damage only if G16 and R91st cast have same base dmg.

G16 has a higher base damage than R9 1st cast but the damage is not that much higher to the point that when it crits the damage is equal to zerk crit from R9 sword. In fact, not even close. Essentially for what you say to be true, it would mean that G16 astrals would have to do 70-100% more damage on normal hits than R9 1st cast does on it's normal hits. Again obviously this is nowhere near the case as seen below.

Quick comparison of both at +12 from PW Calculator:

Astral Ballad +12 damage range: 2102 - 2803

R9 sword 1st cast damage range: 1953 - 2442

So higher damage for Astrals from normal attacks and crits.

R9 has lower damage on normal and crits, but zerk/crits doubles the damage of their crits.

Now clearly R9's crit damage increased by a further 100% will be well beyond what Nirv G16 can reach with their own crits.
  • ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide
    ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dont settle for 2nd best. get r9. and work your way to r9r.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    3rd cast nv was fine till they made it possible to get 3rd cast r9....