Weapon Fashion

Options
2»

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

These are actually pretty nice o.o and way better than the current R999 designs. I really like the daggers. b:chuckle

Back on topic though...

Eh, from a purely personal standpoint I have noticed that any new thing is trashed these days. Dreamchaser packs? Useless. Weapon Fashion? Useless. New Fashion? Useless. It's a trend I noticed. I do think the weapon fashion could be really fun. Is it anymore useful than any other cosmetic item, gameplay wise? Well, no. Although disguising your weapon could have some advantage in a situation like nation wars. But just because a design isn't your taste doesn't mean you gotta trash it. Everything is trashed nowadays. Sometimes that's totally justified (level 60 mana pots for purchasing high level merchandise?), sometimes it is a bit of a bummer to read. For example, I remember a time not that long ago in which we as a community made such a big thread at the concept of bacon axes, that it got GM attention. And everyone had fun. And now that something similar has become reality, it's oh that fashion doesn't suit my taste so it's worthless garbage. I guess I'm just mostly feeling nostalgic.

I'll have to agree with Venus. I know we've received a lot of crappy updates, tweaks and patches from PWCN before but nowadays it seems like people trash everything indeed, not even giving them a chance.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm not downvoting it because I simply don't like it. I'm downvoting it because I believe it will negatively affect my game play experience. The ability to identify your target is extremely important. If you are getting ganked by 10 people, being able to quickly identify which 9 are of priority will greatly affect the outcome compared to just randomly selecting people to attack. It is also equally important to identify who has a purge bow(if any). With the addition of weapon fashion, that will eliminate this ability completely. This is comparable to using all-class pets in TW back before we had Tab-target and T menu selection. I think that is a sufficient reason.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Deg - Lost City
    Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    for some weapons i welcome the possibility to hide their ugly look...
    others look way more awesome themself...

inbefore possible upcoming weaponskins...

r10 maybe?

If they implement skins like this and not only food skins, i actually start to like this.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm not downvoting it because I simply don't like it. I'm downvoting it because I believe it will negatively affect my game play experience. The ability to identify your target is extremely important. If you are getting ganked by 10 people, being able to quickly identify which 9 are easily killed will greatly affect the outcome compared to just randomly selecting people to attack. It is also equally important to identify who has a purge bow(if any). With the addition of weapon fashion, that will eliminate this ability completely. This is comparable to using all-class pets in TW back before we had Tab-target and T menu selection. I think that is a sufficient reason.

This was my only concern too.

Sidenote: wasn't T menu selection always available?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm not downvoting it because I simply don't like it. I'm downvoting it because I believe it will negatively affect my game play experience. The ability to identify your target is extremely important. If you are getting ganked by 10 people, being able to quickly identify which 9 are easily killed will greatly affect the outcome compared to just randomly selecting people to attack.
    Because, y'know, all those R9S3 +12 JosD people just wear their massive def levels proudly on their fashion for everyone to see. :P

If you're gonna complain about wep fash, you may as well complain about fash in general. Unless they plan to disable fashion in TW/NW entirely, somehow I doubt there'll be that big a change. Plus if anyone uses wep fash it'll probably be the R9S3 types, so you could always look for those fash pieces and assume the worst. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I wonder if they will add more choices later. I like the idea, but none of the ones currently available appeal to me. I still would prefer just having bare hands.

Or ripe off some harry potter wands that have sparkles coming out of them, that would look nice for casting (and small).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Because, y'know, all those R9S3 +12 JosD people just wear their massive def levels proudly on their fashion for everyone to see. :P

If you're gonna complain about wep fash, you may as well complain about fash in general. Unless they plan to disable fashion in TW/NW entirely, somehow I doubt there'll be that big a change. Plus if anyone uses wep fash it'll probably be the R9S3 types, so you could always look for those fash pieces and assume the worst. :P

While it is true that fashion also disguise armour, I think you can agree that a full r9 third cast +12 with josd using a bamboo bow is probably less dangerous than an armour-less archer using ☆☆☆Firmament +12 with double Drakeflames. Disregarding the fact that you can 1 shot the Firmament archer, if you saw both archers, you'd most likely be more willing to get hit by the Bamboo bow than the Firmament bow. For this reason, I believe that a disguised weapon will affect you a lot more than a disguised armour.

Identification of armour is only really useful to identify support based classes such as barbs or full support cleric. However the difference is, not being able to identify those means only that you wasted a few hits, while not being able to identify a DD means you have died already. And even those classes generally have notable weapons too, like r8 recast.

A more realistic example would be myself. I am using third cast armour but only first cast weapon. Despite the fact that people cannot identify me as third cast, they can still identify me as r9, which can still be equally threatening.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thing is for me. If its gonna be used for weapon looks atleast make something that actually looks like a weapon. Like create new fantastic and beautiful designs to cover up the plain old weps. I might actually buy it then. Other wise its just ****. I do understand the funess of the current designs but like a aps bm smacking away with a pair of symbals but a plate of dumplings is just weird and ew.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    While it is true that fashion also disguise armour, I think you can agree that a full r9 third cast +12 with josd using a bamboo bow is probably less dangerous than an armour-less archer using ☆☆☆Firmament +12 with double Drakeflames. For this reason, I believe that a disguised weapon will affect you a lot more than a disguised armour.

Identification of armour is only really useful to identify support based classes such as barbs or full support cleric. However the difference is, not being able to identify those means only that you wasted a few hits, while not being able to identify a DD means you have died already. And even those classes generally have notable weapons too, like r8 recast.

A more realistic example would be myself. I am using third cast armour but only first cast weapon. Despite the fact that people cannot identify me as third cast, they can still identify me as r9, which can still be equally threatening.
    What you had said was:
    being able to quickly identify which 9 are easily killed will greatly affect the outcome
    Last I checked, Firmament bow does jack for how easy its wielder is to kill (unless you're going to argue that 205 HP is the deciding factor in who you target, in which case you'd better watch out for that TT99 user with the 245 :P). I get that you were talking more about weapons than armor, but you weren't giving that impression in your last post, is all.

And after that point we're just gonna have to agree to disagree, because I personally don't see the inability to identify weapons as so much of a big deal... except for the fact that some weapons are actually good looking, but then I'm the weirdo who actually bothers to use full armor sets instead of saying "that's what fashion is for lol."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What you had said was:

Last I checked, Firmament bow does jack for how easy its wielder is to kill (unless you're going to argue that 205 HP is the deciding factor in who you target, in which case you'd better watch out for that TT99 user with the 245 :P). I get that you were talking more about weapons than armor, but you weren't giving that impression in your last post, is all.

And after that point we're just gonna have to agree to disagree, because I personally don't see the inability to identify weapons as so much of a big deal... except for the fact that some weapons are actually good looking, but then I'm the weirdo who actually bothers to use full armor sets instead of saying "that's what fashion is for lol."

I apologize for my wording. I should have said "are of priority". Priority of course, varies based off your knowledge. But in the case of a third cast r9 archer, first cast r9 archer and tt60 archer, you most likely want to keep away from the third cast while you deal with the first cast and tt60.

I respect your opinion. I don't know much about your pvp style so I can't really say much. Personally, I prefer to use whatever knowledge i can gain.
    Sidenote: wasn't T menu selection always available?

I may have remembered wrong, not too sure. Can't remember where I got the info, but I was under the impression that in early stages of the game, you could see people in the T menu but you can't select anyone.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    While I don't much like the designs, I adore the principle!
    I've wanted weapon fash since... since I realized it's going to be forever for me to get a new weapon, and I'm really tired of how it looks after 2ish years of using the same one XD
    So pump out the less food-ish designs! I'm ready for weapon-awesomeness b:thanks

Honestly not being able to see what weapon people are using isn't going to effect my gameplay much. Priority targets are priority targets due to class, not weapon for me; if 4 archers are pew-pewing me, doesn't matter which one I stop first XD
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Personally, weapon fashion is a moronic idea.

So, I hit mobs with plates of Kung Pao chicken, and R9 could be General Tso's chicken.

Whats next? Fortune cookie hair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    for some weapons i welcome the possibility to hide their ugly look...
    others look way more awesome themself...

inbefore possible upcoming weaponskins...

r10 maybe?

i ahve a feeling that isnt r10 dont really think there would be ranked dual blades/sword it seems to make more since to keep it a single but i could be wrong jsut a hunch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Personally, weapon fashion is a moronic idea.

So, I hit mobs with plates of Kung Pao chicken, and R9 could be General Tso's chicken.

Whats next? Fortune cookie hair?

Don't be tossing that Kung Pao Chicken and Gen. Tso's Chicken at mobs and R9s.. Bring it to my house in those cute little take-out boxes! b:cute
  • Melami - Heavens Tear
    Melami - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ;___;

Weapon fash really?!
    :/
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ;___;

Weapon fash really?!
    :/

Yep =^.^= Some love it, some hate it ...
    I'm curious about the designs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased