Summon's stats

Options
X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver
X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Mystic
I'm one of those mystics, who, even end-game, still plans to use summons for every day questing, and was wondering, since I know their stats are based on your own, and their own skill level, and while it's mostly refining lvls that give the boost, I've heard that the higher mdef u have, the more pdef they'd have...but I've also heard that they get more pdef, if you use pdef ornaments (mostly concerned about chihyu), so I was hoping someone could clarify this for me, and maybe provide a bit more in depth info about pet stats, since none of the guides I've seen, seem to cover them.
Post edited by X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Mystics aren't venos. Equip for yourself; not pet.
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Build your gear how you want it. For arcanes, I always think that Pdef is a good choice to shard with for your own survival.

I don't think anyone knows what the exact forumals are for how your gear relates to your pets stats. In any case, if you're geared properly, your pet should be ok too.

One thing to keep in mind though, unlike veno's our summons are more for support, not for tanking. They assist us in dealing the damage or supporting the squad, but were not designed to be a meatshield like the veno pets are.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

^ That.

Equip yourself so you get defense, your summons are not tanks, they are a second DD or use for your defense/attack when you leech them.

@Kassos: Someone said on the forum how much summons get from our equipment, maybe try the search and you will find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Eh, some of the formulae are complex, but I'll give an example, using devil's pdef:

Pdef of devil ≈ 175 + 35x[Mystic Level] + 5x[Devil Chihyu Skill Level]x[Mystic's Base Pdef] / 100

Note that the Devil Skill level I refer to is from 1-11, 11 being sage/demon. Also note that with all summon stat formulae, they use base mystic stats, and are unaffected by buffs.

As you can see from that, only your pdef applies to the summon's pdef, which is what you should focus on anyway with your orns.
    As thumbs said though, don't concern yourself with summon stats. What you can do though, is have a gearset you use to summon them, and then swap back to your own - the stats applied are as you are when you summon them, and are not dynamic. An example would be when I used to solo caster nirvy prior to NW, I would wear channeling gears in order to increase my DPS, but summoning a pet with these gears equipped would cause them to be horribly squishy with no benefit (-chan doesn't affect them afaik). So I'd summon Storm with ordinary orns equipped (though things like JJ blessing and full G16 for max atk levels, which do affect it), then switch to chan orns.

I hear too much **** about only choosing one set of gears. You can SWAP GEARS to suit the situation...
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @ Marid, thank you for the info, and suggestions.

@the rest. Just because something was meant as more of a support/DD, doesn't mean it can't tank. I'm not saying chihyu can tank everything, because it certainly can't, but for the most part (typical questing as mentioned before) it works just fine. Psychics aren't tanks, yet they can tank certain things just fine, if not better than others. Same with every other class.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You should reroll veno ASAP.

It's like asking a cleric R9+12 to heal a barb level 40 for bh29, it's ridicoulous, same for mystic's summon, if you want to stand behind a 'pet'' and heal play a veno, mystic have better defense and attack then their summon it would be ridiculous to use the pet as tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    Options
    @Bella, it's called mp conservation. And having a different playstyle than others. Yes, people are different, get over it. And, mystics never stand behind pets anyway, because they don't have pets. Do their summons go in the pet bag? I don't think so...
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you want to save mp you have the wrong class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    she's right

My level 29 mystic rolls through half the daily free MP charm in 45 minutes and I'm playing semi-veno already; can't even imagine 60-74 when you can't use herbs QQ

PDef ornaments are given for any Arcane class anyways :/
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Marid, can you post the rest of the stat formulas? I'm interested in seeing them, even if it just boils down to "have better gear, get better summons".
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you want to save mp you have the wrong class.

The only better caster class for mp consumption is veno and that's arguable. I use about as many mp pots in delta on my veno as mystic. I use far less mp pots healing delta on mystic as cleric and that includes dd'ing at same time.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The only better caster class for mp consumption is veno and that's arguable. I use about as many mp pots in delta on my veno as mystic. I use far less mp pots healing delta on mystic as cleric and that includes dd'ing at same time.

I wasn't comparing to other class, I just say that someone that don't play a class at is full potential cause mp/hp cost should not play that class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Marid, can you post the rest of the stat formulas? I'm interested in seeing them, even if it just boils down to "have better gear, get better summons".

Check out my spreadsheet I made a while back. I do not know if they made any changes since then though. You can enter the numbers and see the results. You can also see the formulas by looking at the formulas for the cells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWJBqePFkradEZ0UHhsUm5GdXNUQi1tMlYxTGVnd2c#gid=0

Please note the notes I posted to the right where I clarify what is meant to be entered where.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry that I choose to play cost efficiently, based upon the class. Yes, I do realize that veno is the most cost efficient of them all, but I wasn't talking about all classes. I love my mystic, and if I can find ways to cut the costs, I will. Now try offering something constructive for a change bella, instead of always telling people how they're so wrong, and you're the queen of the universe, for every single class. Because, quite frankly, you're completely off the original topic, that could've been helpful to others, so thanks for **** that potential up. All you've done is state the obvious, and be a typical, stupid, troll.

Now that that's taken care of, can we please get back on topic?
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry that I choose to play cost efficiently, based upon the class. Yes, I do realize that veno is the most cost efficient of them all, but I wasn't talking about all classes. I love my mystic, and if I can find ways to cut the costs, I will. Now try offering something constructive for a change bella, instead of always telling people how they're so wrong, and you're the queen of the universe, for every single class. Because, quite frankly, you're completely off the original topic, that could've been helpful to others, so thanks for **** that potential up. All you've done is state the obvious, and be a typical, stupid, troll.

Now that that's taken care of, can we please get back on topic?

I never posted in (unless to ask something):

BM
    Archer
    Sin
    Seeker
    Psychic
    Barb
    And almost never in veno and wizz (cause I have them as alts, but don't check the section about them)

So You are the one getting out topic saying I claim to know every class while I never did.

We just said to don't gears for your summons's stats, but for your own defense, the summons will get stats from your gears, more you have defense, more your summons will get defense.

To lower you def for your summons to get more of a other one don't worth it, the summon is there to assist you, not you to assist him. You need to survive to have your summon next to you, if you die your summon won't stay alive even if he have the best def in the world.

This is a huge mistake of new mystics to act like their summons was a venomancer's pet. You are not the first one or last one to claim you can play it differently, but when you gonna be at our levels with our experience you will realize that we was right about saying to don't bother with the summons's defenses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2013
    Options
    Thank you captain obvious. Shall we rephrase my original post, so that you actually understand?

I intend to use chihyu as a tank while out questing (regular non bh/fb/etc quests), and was wonderwing how to best bolster my defenses to help it out... That better?

I mean, if both of us can be strong, rather than just one, shouldn't that be a bit better?
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thank you captain obvious. Shall we rephrase my original post, so that you actually understand?

I intend to use chihyu as a tank while out questing (regular non bh/fb/etc quests), and was wonderwing how to best bolster my defenses to help it out... That better?

I mean, if both of us can be strong, rather than just one, shouldn't that be a bit better?

Your pdef affects his pdef and your mdef affects his mdef. Basiclly normally gearing yourself will boost his defenses so don't worry about him, that's what the others are trying to say.
    Check out my spreadsheet I made a while back. I do not know if they made any changes since then though. You can enter the numbers and see the results. You can also see the formulas by looking at the formulas for the cells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWJBqePFkradEZ0UHhsUm5GdXNUQi1tMlYxTGVnd2c#gid=0

Please note the notes I posted to the right where I clarify what is meant to be entered where.

Tyvm for this it's really helpful. b:thanks
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Does this mean that gearing up your own damage will increase the summon's damage?
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah, the better weapon you have the more magical/physical attack they have.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

This doesn't make any sense.
    You save time and resources 1-2 shotting mobs by yourself.
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    on regular mobs, NV>AS with chiyu kills anything thats not increased life :) he doesnt even need mp to do this.