Gear...AGAIN???

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
So...this gear thread again...

I currently have stage 3 rank 9 robe, stage 2 pants, stage 1 wrists and boots. The plan was to get them all stage 3 and +10 then work on the belt.

However, during NW I noticed how smexy purify spell is so I'm wondering, after getting all the pieces +10(armor pieces) should I skip the belt for a bit and work on getting the weapon?

Help me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What belt do you have now?

Since you have already planned to get r9.3 robe/pants/wrist/shoes, I would suggest getting r9.3 belt also to get the 5piece 30atk lvl set bonus.

The purify weapon is sexy and all that (just got mine last night) but I would say you can do pretty well in NW even without it. Just know how to position yourself well to avoid engaging in 1v3+ and with some good genie skills, you can achieve great survivability.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What belt do you have now?

Since you have already planned to get r9.3 robe/pants/wrist/shoes, I would suggest getting r9.3 belt also to get the 5piece 30atk lvl set bonus.

The purify weapon is sexy and all that (just got mine last night) but I would say you can do pretty well in NW even without it. Just know how to position yourself well to avoid engaging in 1v3+ and with some good genie skills, you can achieve great survivability.

Yes. I would've gotten belt before wrist or boot because it doesn't have to be rerolled.

Purify proc does you no good if you can't take hits. Which is why I laugh when I see randoms with purify wep +10 and like +5 regular r9 gear.

Then I soulburn 'em.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes. I would've gotten belt before wrist or boot because it doesn't have to be rerolled.

Purify proc does you no good if you can't take hits. Which is why I laugh when I see randoms with purify wep +10 and like +5 regular r9 gear.

Then I soulburn 'em.
    I did this on r9 full archer on my psy and seriously, i laughed so bad irl, i even cryed when he died hiting me with soulbourn b:laughb:laugh

btw on topic:It will depends which belt and hows your defense... sometimes the purify helps if you got a good defense against archers(example-which is 1 of the everyone's wost nightmare lol).. otherwise purify wont do much if u got low defense
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/4d6d278e0beeefe0

That's basically what I have at the moment, PWCalc has gone weird on me so the adds are a little weird(lack there of)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Yes go for full armor r9 recast first before doing the weapon. I would say you should refine to at least have 10k hp unbuffed before considering the purify weapon.
    edited January 2013
    Yes go for full armor r9 recast first before doing the weapon. I would say you should refine to at least have 10k hp unbuffed before considering the purify weapon.

So belt as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    So belt as well?

Yes get the recast belt, wrist, boots, robe, and pants.
    edited January 2013
    Yes get the recast belt, wrist, boots, robe, and pants.

b:sad

Yeah guess I'll do that. I feel like I need the magic defense added on from the belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    b:sad

Yeah guess I'll do that. I feel like I need the magic defense added on from the belt.

The added +3 atk and def lvls are really nice. And the 4 piece bonus is fantastic.
    edited January 2013
    And the 4 piece bonus is fantastic.

That's why I was originally going to get just the 4 armor pieces and then weapon, but the other way sounds better now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    That's why I was originally going to get just the 4 armor pieces and then weapon, but the other way sounds better now.

The 5 piece bonus is spectacular as well.
This discussion has been closed.