New to cleric[Help]

Options
Moriko_ - Dreamweaver
Moriko_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Cleric
im new to a cleric on this game i need a pve build im more pve xD but a pve the optional pvp aka pvp/pve build i only do pvp when im high lvl tho so lol i need help with a skill build and stat build :3 please post some builds <3 ty for ur time love u all :3 P.s. sorry for my spelling
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Live Life & Love Life & Give Kindness to others & Never give in to the drakness & Love others~
Post edited by Moriko_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I realize that it will involve some excess reading but you will find all the information that you need, and more, contained within the stickied posts at the top of the class discussion page for clerics.

The quick answer however is - just put everything in magic except what you need in strength to wear your gears.....and if you feel a little squishy, some clerics like to add a little hp but this can always be gained by refining your gears so it just comes down to your personal preference and playing style.

As far as skills, the main ones to worry about when just starting out as a cleric is IH for a heal, cyclone and plume shot for attacks, and your buffs when you got the extra spirit.

oh...and level 1 rez b:chuckle
  • Moriko_ - Dreamweaver
    Moriko_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ^^ cooool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Life & Love Life & Give Kindness to others & Never give in to the drakness & Love others~
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    oh...and level 1 rez b:chuckle

b:laughb:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i need a pve build im more pve xD but a pve the optional pvp aka pvp/pve build

This thread was right below yours. Its a new cleric asking about what skills to level first with a couple suggestions.

As for the build... that's a major hot-topic debate around here. We have multiple 30+ page threads going back and forth on it.

The best answer really is "Vit is not needed. Stat vit if you feel uncomfortable without it."

I myself advocate a pure magic build, meaning .5 strength every level for your gear and the other 4.5 stat points into magic. This means 9 magic, 1 strength every 2 levels. Others suggest statting up to 1.5 points per level of vitality for the extra defense and hp that vit gives.

Our armor requires .5 strength each levels and our weapons require 3 magic a level. That leaves 1.5 stat points each level to play with. You get 10 hp per vit point and a little bit of mdef and pdef. If you stat magic you'll have stronger heals, stronger shields, more mdef, and things will die quicker. Up to you. Cleric's are a squishy class. Vit helps, but not enough to ever make a difference. Even 150 vit often only buys 1-2 extra hits, but thats better than being dead right? On the other hand not having enough heal strength to keep your tank alive means you'll die, too.

A common middle path is statting 4 magic, 1 strength on odd levels and 4 magic 1 vit on even levels, cap at 53 vit. Endgame you'll probably want to restat all your vitality into magic anyways as you refine your equipment, and 53 vit means you can lower it down to 3 vit with only buying 1 restat note.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory