Reckless Rush Discussion

TheDan - Sanctuary
TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Blademaster
With the skill description wrong.. am I understanding this correctly? The google translates don't make complete sense to me. It was changed to 120% (or was it 240%?) base damage and will deal 3x more damage at 40% hp or less, and has 3x your crit chance to deal 1.5x damage? I'm a little confused with the mechanics of the change, but I'm hitting upwards of 10-15k on r999 josd psys at half life.

Whatever it is, reckless rush is a very excellent execution skill when your target is already stun-locked and at half life. I know people commonly use it as a chasing skill, but I've started using it as an execution skill as well. The channeling time is instant and can be chained for a quick execution instead of chaining 3 quick skills in-between a roar, you can chain 4 before a bash assuming they haven't died already.

Reckless rush is an all purpose skill that bypasses defense level / invoke / plume shell etc. Good chasing skill, as well as damage dealing. I've used it several times to kill opponents that use plume shell at less than 50% life, or use wings of grace etc. Can use it to chain lock after a smack now too since smack seal effect duration was increased.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows the exact description or has been doing the same.
BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
Post edited by TheDan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When I went down the path to get it I was hoping to use it exactly as you said. A good chase skill and a way to freeze. But the damage is just insane. I Only have T3+10 unicorns and im vit build and I still hit 8-9k on almost any class. 2 Minute cooldown isn't that good in a NW scenario or TW but in PvP it is becoming a regular skill for me in PvP.

Definitely best morai skill for BM.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With the skill description wrong.. am I understanding this correctly? The google translates don't make complete sense to me. It was changed to 120% (or was it 240%?) base damage and will deal 3x more damage at 40% hp or less, and has 3x your crit chance to deal 1.5x damage? I'm a little confused with the mechanics of the change, but I'm hitting upwards of 10-15k on r999 josd psys at half life.

Whatever it is, reckless rush is a very excellent execution skill when your target is already stun-locked and at half life. I know people commonly use it as a chasing skill, but I've started using it as an execution skill as well. The channeling time is instant and can be chained for a quick execution instead of chaining 3 quick skills in-between a roar, you can chain 4 before a bash assuming they haven't died already.

Reckless rush is an all purpose skill that bypasses defense level / invoke / plume shell etc. Good chasing skill, as well as damage dealing. I've used it several times to kill opponents that use plume shell at less than 50% life, or use wings of grace etc. Can use it to chain lock after a smack now too since smack seal effect duration was increased.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows the exact description or has been doing the same.

This is the actual description from the patch notes:

Reckless Rush: Base physical damage increased from 50% to 120%. Cooldown reduced from 2 minutes to 90 seconds. Damage to targets below 50% health decreased from 300% to 240%. Cannot critically hit, but has a 2x critical chance to deal 1.5x damage.

Being that it is a damage reduction bypassing skill that cannot crit... similar to Seeker edged blur and Psy telekenesis... I'm wondering if It also now takes into account your own attack levels when doing damage as those other class skills do... which wasn't the case prior to the Sirens update. That would sort of explain the huge damage numbers you 've been
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still primarily use it as a control skill, although I have seen the (occasional) big damage numbers from it.

My favorite combo is to Reel In a grounded opponent while flying, then Reckless Rush to move on top of them and freeze, then Roar. This locks them into a "falling" state where they can't do anything for an extended period of time. It's especially effective against cata barbs in TW, and to a lesser extent against the flag carrier in NW. Also caught TheDan with it last week. b:victory

The biggest problem with Reckless Rush is the severe range limitations. It will fail if you are right on top of the opponent, or if the opponent moves out of maximum range during the cast time. It also doesn't activate at all in a situation where you quickly close in on an enemy and use it (i.e. rubberband situation). Apparently the game requires a certain amount of time to nail down the exact position of you and your opponent and if either one is moving rapidly it just says to heck with it and doesn't let you use it. Reel In also has this problem but is much more forgiving about it.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    This is the actual description from the patch notes:

Reckless Rush: Base physical damage increased from 50% to 120%. Cooldown reduced from 2 minutes to 90 seconds. Damage to targets below 50% health decreased from 300% to 240%. Cannot critically hit, but has a 2x critical chance to deal 1.5x damage.

Being that it is a damage reduction bypassing skill that cannot crit... similar to Seeker edged blur and Psy telekenesis... I'm wondering if It also now takes into account your own attack levels when doing damage as those other class skills do... which wasn't the case prior to the Sirens update. That would sort of explain the huge damage numbers you 've been

Alright thanks. That's what I needed. The Skill translations from earlier threads weren't very clear.
    I still primarily use it as a control skill, although I have seen the (occasional) big damage numbers from it.

My favorite combo is to Reel In a grounded opponent while flying, then Reckless Rush to move on top of them and freeze, then Roar. This locks them into a "falling" state where they can't do anything for an extended period of time. It's especially effective against cata barbs in TW, and to a lesser extent against the flag carrier in NW. Also caught TheDan with it last week. b:victory

The biggest problem with Reckless Rush is the severe range limitations. It will fail if you are right on top of the opponent, or if the opponent moves out of maximum range during the cast time. It also doesn't activate at all in a situation where you quickly close in on an enemy and use it (i.e. rubberband situation). Apparently the game requires a certain amount of time to nail down the exact position of you and your opponent and if either one is moving rapidly it just says to heck with it and doesn't let you use it. Reel In also has this problem but is much more forgiving about it.

That was pretty annoying, and I was expecting to get stunned first like so I used fortify. But that combo costs 1.35 sparks, is it worth it to take out 1 target?

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well I'm sage so my roar is much cheaper. But yes, taking out a catabarb or flag carrier is well worth some chi.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've semi ignored this skill and mostly used it for chasing people down and stopping people - kinda like a single target whirlwind.

Last weekend in NW I started using it more for S&G in lighter battles. I'm noticing it hits really hard on and off. Like I've been REALLY disappointed with Flame Tsunami, but this seems to be pretty swanky lately.

Keep going with combo ideas with it, Im all ears right now as I can honestly say I haven't really played the hell outta this skill.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I've semi ignored this skill and mostly used it for chasing people down and stopping people - kinda like a single target whirlwind.

Last weekend in NW I started using it more for S&G in lighter battles. I'm noticing it hits really hard on and off. Like I've been REALLY disappointed with Flame Tsunami, but this seems to be pretty swanky lately.

Keep going with combo ideas with it, Im all ears right now as I can honestly say I haven't really played the hell outta this skill.

It's a really powerful skill from what I've experienced. 10-15k damage easy on other R999 opponents while they're fully buffed and no debuffs. It's like a zerk crit instant cast execution skill when the opponent is less than 50% HP that ignores defense level, invoke, plume shell, etc. I can't count how many times I've killed archers during their wings of grace skill channeling after they leaped away. Also works as a smack + reckless rush lock on a single target, kind of like whirlwind did.

• Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I often use it on invoked barbs as a finishing skill, it can really do some nice damage!

Also nice to use if your range skills are already on cd and you just need one more hit to kill a player and oceans edge is just out of reach. Boom.

In TW I mainly use it to throw off dd's timing, run in to a certain range and they don't ad so I recklessrush and roar immediately after. I found it extremely effective, although I do hate the range restriction I can understand why they don't want a 35m teleport skill on an already really op support class.