edited January 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello b:bye

Anyone knowns a popular Facebook forum?
Post edited by YenSena - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    YenSena - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For lord's sake can anyone take me seriously for once? its the third forum already where I ask if there's a facebook forum and I got ZERO answers till now what's the HECK its so weird about this? b:angry
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what u mean about facebook forum?? u mean fan pages for PWI??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    A forum where you talk about Facebook related stuff, like apps, people, random things
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think such of a forum exists, especially on pwi, but uhm....the Off topic section may be a version of what you've asked for?!
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • jiemy
    jiemy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is there to say about FB... ? Farmville? b:surrender
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I don't think such of a forum exists, especially on pwi, but uhm....the Off topic section may be a version of what you've asked for?!

Uhm maybe that's the reason why I posted this on the off topic section?

And I wasn't talking here in PWI, I was talking about the whole internet outside, how come there is NO facebook forum at all?
  • Alkrivar - Sanctuary
    Alkrivar - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would say because.... why does a social networking site even need a forum to talk about it when there's facebook itself to post on. If you are asking for what i think you mean.

I mean, beyond showing a facebook page what is there to say about it? My personal opinion aside, I don't use it for anything beyond PWI's uses like the dream chaser promos (i have one for the jones bless thing too)

But what im failing to see is, theres a single thread on any forum I frequent and theres not much to say about it, so what is there to say on an entire forum?

Edit: Also most of its population are usually casual computer users of varying ages from kids to pensioners. (theres advanced guys and girls too!) Most forum users on any forum have some experience or even a preference for forums. Also forums were the the popular medium for discussion and so so for people who didn't like chatrooms before facebook and social networking came along.

A general chatroom is more suited to what you are looking for, but people aren't likely to talk about facebook for long, the topic just dry's out fast.

What i'm trying to say is:

Forums are meant for detailed discussions about a topic with a wide array of things about it. PWI for example is a huge game for example that has several factors about it.

Most forums are a mix of a general topic, and several subforums about it, mixed with forum-games, off topic and so so. Some allow spam, some have other things like Art and writing sections etc.

Forums are topic based with mostly intelligent discussion and view expression.

Facebook is just... facebook.

Also if you want to talk about people on facebook on a forum, that sounds just... not cool.
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    So where I should ask about Facebook apps? I got only 3 friends on my account, one is from my family and the other 2 are complete randoms.

Besides I don't even have a clue on how to use most of FB features, how Im even supposed to use Facebook to ask for explanations when I don't known how to use Facebook itself?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+facebook

And here. Apps and stuff.

The Off topic section may be a version of what you've asked for?!

Nope.
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013

Uh got it totally wrong miss.

A forum its a place to ask questions and discuss about apps.

A text its good for reading but you can't ask question to a text.

And the app center doesn't help, Im asking to have a place to DISCUSS WITH HUMANS not with a search engine, what most people fail to see the reason forums even exist, to discuss WITH HUMANS, if I search "facebook image manager" in the app center I get 0 results, because its a machine, It doesn't understand nor I can even explain to it what I meant.
    If I search "Image manager" on the app center I get various COMPLETELY different results that have nothing to do with what Im looking for, in fact, if I only selects "apps" in the search result, once again, I get zero result, trying to speak with a software its stupid, it just doesn't get what Im looking for (assuming it even exist).

I can't ask a machine "what's in your experience an app that I can use for this and that", because a machine doesn't have experience.

Also most google results sucks nowdays, most of the highlighted results are spam, advertisement, dead links, outdated sites, outdated articles.

So can I have the honour to discuss to humans instead of giving me unusable links?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The links are usable. You just need to sort out the right information for yourself.

Besides I was only referring to your previous post where you stated that you '[...] don't even have a clue on how to use most of FB features [...]'
    That was the first link for.
    A forum its a place to ask questions and discuss about apps.
    Is that so? I highly doubt you are only discussing 'apps' there. :)
    A text its good for reading but you can't ask question to a text.

A text can address questions (and even answer those) though.
    [...] if I search "facebook image manager" in the app center I get 0 results, because its a machine, It doesn't understand nor I can even explain to it what I meant.

Try entering that search tag in google and/or use those ehow/answer sites.
    Also most google results sucks nowdays, most of the highlighted results are spam, advertisement, dead links, outdated sites, outdated articles.

Your proof for that? You just need to know how to make use of the information you're provided with. 'Outdated' doesn't mean the data stored on there isn't worth anything anymore, you know.
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Arguing among our lines won't help the main topic of this, its just a big detour from the point.

If you don't have any personal experience about facebook that you can/want share you're not helping, linking guides found on the internet by simply writing "facebook guide" and such well, I can do it myself, any 12yrs old kid can do that, bringing such obvious links (and assuming Im stupid enough that I haven't tried already), doesn't help.
    Not to mention that you ignored what I tried to say and instead you argued on the single sentences instead of taking the whole in consideration.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Uhm. Just because this is the forum, doesn't mean there SHOULD be a section for Facebook.

You do realize this forum is called PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL FORUM. Not Social media like fb/twitter/tumblr mix forum. If you want to discuss about facebook, off topic is the right section and this thread is the place.

However, there will NOT be a section for facebook in this forum. This forum is for discussing of THIS GAME. NOT for you to discuss a social media site. The right place for you to "seek" help with Facebook, would be Facebook itself.

Good luck trying to get people to make you a "Facebook Forum".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I would like to have you underline / highlight (also knowns as quote) me when/where I ever said that I want a Facebook forum in here. Same about people "make" me a facebook forum.

I never said that and until you can quote me wrong, you're just a troll.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most facebook games or apps tend to already have a forum or something dedicated to them. Like the game dragonvale, they have an entire wiki dedicated to the game where you can discuss breeding and whatnot with players.

The game My Horse has its own website where you can chat about horses you like, prices of things in the shop, find friends, and ticket glitches in the game for them to fix.

Most facebook games and apps have some sort of fan page on facebook where you can find people to talk to. Honestly it isnt as hard to find as you make it out to be.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to have you underline / highlight (also knowns as quote) me when/where I ever said that I want a Facebook forum in here. Same about people "make" me a facebook forum.

-initiate stand up for an awesome forumer mode-
    Excuse me? Miko is not or has never been a troll. She has a beautiful thread using her amazing talent of art to make commisions for our community. What on earth is your definition of a troll?

If you want to make a facebook forum, do it yourself for free , and then you'll be happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    To answer your question, by troll I meant someone who's just provoking a quarrel without adding anything useful to the discussion.

And if someone ask if there's a facebook forum or a whatever forum "make one yourself" its not really an answer. Its like saying "is there a doctor here?" and being answered "go graduate in medicine yourself".
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    First result via a simple google search where you ask questions on various topics and someone else will answer

Third result.

Fourth result.

Result five.

And I'm sure there are more that are relevant but I had no desire to continue beyond that.

As for your comparison to doctors and medical school, that's not really the case. Creating an online forum and spreading word of it is a vastly easier task than the example you're giving and is something that, frankly, anyone with a bit of experience online can do. Being a doctor and passing medical school, on the other hand, requires a specific aptitude and abilities that not everyone is capable of... not to mention far more time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And I'm sure there are more that are relevant but I had no desire to continue beyond that.

As for your comparison to doctors and medical school, that's not really the case. Creating an online forum and spreading word of it is a vastly easier task than the example you're giving and is something that, frankly, anyone with a bit of experience online can do. Being a doctor and passing medical school, on the other hand, requires a specific aptitude and abilities that not everyone is capable of... not to mention far more time.

Different weights,same concept

One of the links helped btw thanks.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013

mlfw9082-applebloomareyouhigh.png

"To answer your question, by troll I meant someone who's just provoking a quarrel without adding anything useful to the discussion."

Uhm okay? So you are talking about yourself...?

However, I did misread to which I apologize. But er, don't you think you are way over reacting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    <random pony image>

"To answer your question, by troll I meant someone who's just provoking a quarrel without adding anything useful to the discussion."

Uhm okay? So you are talking about yourself...?

However, I did misread to which I apologize. But er, don't you think you are way over reacting?

Im probably over reacting, I apologize too
    I've been having a bad day.