Just Another Random Thread

Options
TruthWarren - Raging Tide
TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Tideswell (East)
Hey everyone, it's me again. TruthWarren: The Kanye West of RT. Is it catchy? I like it. You guys doing alright this evening? Good. As I'm sure most of you already know, I officially quit this game a couple years ago. If you don't know then you're probably too new to really matter. I don't mean to sound mean, but that's just the way it goes. "Truthie, why did you leave?" You're probably wondering. I got tired of the ridiculous changes. Remember that one update that made the text in the UI ridiculously large? Well I do. Remember when PWI thought it would be a good idea to pay TW factions in mirages, and their ridiculous reasoning behind it? I do. Remember how packs were put into the boutique indefinitely? I remember that too. The chat system that treats us like we're stupid. I mean really, the color-coding told us what chat we were in. There were a number of reasons, both game-related and personal, that lead to my departure from this game. Now I don't know exactly what happened over the past couple years, but I return to people buying heads in FC, getting EXP for meditating, and people who have no idea how to play this game. This is especially obvious when you have people like Mrs_Mav thinking they're something. What happened guys?

Anyway...

This isn't about me. I just came to ask you guys a few questions. First, how many of the older players are still here? And if there are any of you left, what keeps you here? As for the rest of you, why do you play? I'm not asking because I believe you shouldn't, but I am curious as to what reasons people have for playing PW in its current state. And lastly... Where the hell is Daravon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
Post edited by TruthWarren - Raging Tide on

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I wonder if I'm old enough to be considered old now xD. I doubt it, but a lot of people in the past have quit iirc.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I have been playing in RT since day 1. -removed- I have tried playing the "big games".

IN THE END HOWEVER, i keep returning to perfect world international for some reason. I guess its cause this was my first ever mmo and i just cant seem to get rid of that addiction no matter what. So, here i am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Although I was not in a TW faction at the time of the mirages reward change, that did annoy me as well given the reward of mirages just seemed like another way of taking any ingame income away from the players.
    --- I also remember the damn dungeons becoming changed to time limited of 4 hours which STILL pisses me off to this day. Just before that change, myself and two irl friends between levels 59-62 (cleric, barb and me a psy) took two days to trio valley of disaster unwined for our cultis and had a friggin blast.
    --- That was the time when dq item drops' coin values started getting screwed with (also pisses me off to this day). And they eventually gave us dq points to "make up for our loss", not. There is very little dq points really gives options to.

So I think I am an old enough player (been playing since the middle of february 2010, I believe just after Rising Tides came out... Apostasy is my first character I made as well as my main) to answer for plenty of people.
    --- The reason I stay is because I am able to fairly well customize my character(s) in a way that I like. That includes how characters play according to my playstyle for them and how they look. To me, rpg's are about building a character, and playing that role... rather than just sitting and watching some character on the boob tube follow its script without any interactions. Sure, I take my main more seriously than any other character... but I have another psy that is built and geared like a vit barb (ax/hammer weilding with heavy armor, and a 3 star level 5 sphere he crafted that is all he has enough magic to use his skills with) : StupidNoob (40-ish atm) ... and a venomancer that has no attack pets and no foxform (made her because of all the wahwah i heard from venos about "if my pet dies, im dead"), and she doe just fine : Suicide_Doll (60-ish atm). And a small list of others...
    --- I like the TW aspect of 80 players versus 80 players and the territory map attached to that. It has an air of both fun (during the event itself) and epeen if your faction gets enough territories (and even a territory really). TW is basicly my equivalent of most people's sports games they watch (i never got into that culture), the only difference is Im on the team and I can be a part of making that great play that changes the game score midway... ok, maybe not me, yet... b:surrender The only real improvement they could make to TW is by having the battelefields in each territory resemble the actual territory it is.
    --- I like the NW aspect of being able to even go head to head with guildies too (<3 ya's QQme). Could be nice for guildies giving feedback in PvP advice too. The NW aspect of the game is really the best thing PW has introduced to the game for being profitable ingame compared to any and every other instance. The gear upgrades that can be made through NW is also nice, without needing to spend hundreds of dollars cs'ing or hundreds of hours farming. Unfortunately, the ones profitting the most from this event are still the ones that need it the least. But they likely spent the most real money too, so I guess its fair so they can upgrade their alts.
    --- And I think Im here because I just already spent too much money to leave b:cry

I have played plenty of mmorpgs since 1996-1998?... I began with that one with trammel & felucia... (PW could learn to make skill levels mean something from this one) and then moved to that one where you quest... forever... and its sequel... (pw could make raid dungeons and instill a mentor system based on these) and then went over to another one that had something about guards, and i think vans... And the only thing PW is really missing at this point is more on the PvE questing end. Its like they simply ran out of ideas and are letting that "power creeper" thing kill off the game, along with their own being greedy. Bring back the dq coin values, bring back limitless dungeons (unless the quest itself is a timed quest... and dont just time quests to be jerks... and make sure if someone reads the quest before they take it that they know its timed). They are also killing the game by making the "top top end game gears" SooooOOOO friggin ridiculous in just how powerful they are compared to just the few steps below. PW does not know subtle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Took 1 yr break since the game was falling apart but I got back when they announced the Descend patch. As for what keeps me here, I aim to get my veno to 101, catch that derjan pet and maybe level another char(<- highly unlikely)
    And who the heck is Daravon? b:shocked
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @IHaxJoo: I've been floating around, trying other things out as well. Can't find anything that quite suits my interests.

@Apostasy: I'm pretty sure that is one the longest posts RT forums have ever seen haha. You joined around the time I did, so you've seen a lot of the same things that I have. I hate how they timed the instances, but I think they did it so that people wouldn't have to keep asking for resets. Or just to **** people off, who knows? I don't think I ever went over 4 hours in any instance, but I did come pretty close. Some of the newer features are pretty nice, I'll admit that, but overall it just feels like they gave a big middle finger to the older generation players.

@Melindasa: Good luck in your endeavors. And Daravon is a legend of sorts. He used to be a well known, highly controversial WC personality. Sorta like me, only a lot more offensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I've only neen playing for a year and a half except a six month hiatus where I was having a new gaming rig built and my workload took up more time than anything else in my life. Old player, only of rl age is taken into consideration, and as for why I still play, because of some of the people I have befriended, which to me, makes an MMO. I can honestly say of my fourteen years of enjoying MMOs PWI is the most broken, imbalanced, game that I have played that didn't die a quick death, though I do see it slowly bleeding out now. There is no incentive for new players, as FC/powerlevelling ruined any ability for people to learn the game, or have reason to enjoy the content. PWI seems to only want you to be high level so you can fork out a lot of money, of which I can afford, but in a game with no healthy population growth, is pointless to do so.

Granted, there are some things I like about it, as mentioned, character creation, the look of the game, and again, some of the people, but as a whole, like society in life, the maturity level of the playerbase is slipping into the abyss. There are some shining gems however, in the sandbox, one just has to sift through the mire to find them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You should read up on the goon glitching in FCC that finally went public after no telling how long it has been abused. That will sum everything up, nothing has changed b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    here since day one.. i stay for the reasons kiran posted.. my first mmo and i got addicted lol
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And who the heck is Daravon? b:shocked
    @Apostasy: I'm pretty sure that is one the longest posts RT forums have ever seen haha. overall it just feels like they gave a big middle finger to the older generation players.

And Daravon is a legend of sorts. He used to be a well known, highly controversial WC personality. Sorta like me, only a lot more offensive.

I've made longer posts b:avoid and yeah, a finger? is more like a steel wool glove without lube b:cry And Daravon... he was faction leader of Eternity, the first faction I was ever in in raging tides (between like level 18-30-ish?). During the time I was in Eternity, Daravon seemed to be quick witted with the remarks, sharp as an arrow, and quite funny. He seemed very confident and to be an all around upstanding guy. It wasnt until after I got out of Eternity and formed Golgotha with my two irl friends that I started seeing Daravon's "other side" come out. I never knew he could be such a troll while I was in Eternity. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This game is really not my thing anymore. I play that newer game that allows you to name other mmos on forums unlike this jacked up company...

For me the breaking point of this game is that you cannot faction and/or team pk 24/7. The gear in this game is stupidly balanced, and recently got even more so. I could easily get recast. But what would even be the point? The people made this game worth playing for longer than it was actually worth playing.

But there's always fun people to play with in other games.
  • TeddyBear - Raging Tide
    TeddyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This game is really not my thing anymore. I play that newer game that allows you to name other mmos on forums unlike this jacked up company...

For me the breaking point of this game is that you cannot faction and/or team pk 24/7. The gear in this game is stupidly balanced, and recently got even more so. I could easily get recast. But what would even be the point? The people made this game worth playing for longer than it was actually worth playing.

hey Zav, mail me account infos and all the riches u accumulated over the months u played, ty.b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I've made longer posts b:avoid and yeah, a finger? is more like a steel wool glove without lube b:cry And Daravon... he was faction leader of Eternity, the first faction I was ever in in raging tides (between like level 18-30-ish?). During the time I was in Eternity, Daravon seemed to be quick witted with the remarks, sharp as an arrow, and quite funny. He seemed very confident and to be an all around upstanding guy. It wasnt until after I got out of Eternity and formed Golgotha with my two irl friends that I started seeing Daravon's "other side" come out. I never knew he could be such a troll while I was in Eternity. b:shocked

Daravons showed his bad side even before Eternity. It was pretty entertaining for the most part.

Don't you mean unbalanced? And whatever that game is, my computer probably can't handle it. Not that I have a lot of time anymore anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?