Op ppl and the hate they draw

Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
Hey there fellow wizzies,

I am just curious how you guys relate with OP rich *** cashopers with R9.3+12 jaded.

Do they ever get skilled having the op gear advantage?

Do they get unjustified hate for being a cashoper and paying pve to keep the business running?

Do you Op ppl on ur servers have friends or just ppl who want to gold dig you?

What is your perception on lower geared f2p players?

What is your perception towards Op heavy cashopers?

I am just curious...i will post my own case later on.
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I generally try to work with them so that i dont have to fight them lol. 99.5% of the time, people who cs are just as friendly and cool as the "f2p" players. Besides if csers didn't buy their way to having better gear then f2p people we wouldnt have a real reason to gear up so much. It keeps the game pseudo interesting at least.

As for your questions. There will always be people who scream "c$er you suck" and there will always be people who say "gz on getting xxx new shiny thing that we all want". It's hard to judge if someone with OP gear has skill or not, they kill everything with ease. At the same time you can't say that survivng the mass ganks that get thrown at them doesnt require some sort of skill at times. I'm would have to say that if the person looks at their gameplay and tries to improve it then they can become skilled even if they do nothing but c$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On ht the generalization is that the types of different people have grouped together and they kinda end up friends. I mean ofc there is mix and match but the cliques that develop are the high end merchants are friends, you have the middle tier f2p players claiming 99% of merchants are mega cash shoppers. Then there are groups of the high end cs'ers that are probably 70% of them bricks and maybe 10% of those cs'ers having skill in the game.

The skill level imo of pvp on ht is rather low so you do notice those lower tiered players if they have high skill because they can out perform even those with that maxed out of close to maxed out gear, so they do get their praise. When tw was better on the server with actual 80 v 80 alot of those lower end players and top end cash shoppers with bad skill are those that have scrub status and cs'd scrub status. Those get thrown up b and hope they do their job lol.

The problem with some of the main line cash shoppers is that we can't even justify them making little mistakes and just saying it's that they understand their gear, they make mistakes like zomg i fist the crystal in tw or running around without even self buffs despite full chi etc etc.

And yes this **** happens sadly lol

The awareness on ht is quite bad that just about anyone that hits r9 +10 is usually labelled a cs'er even now despite having years to get that. If you have a +12 you are probably assumed to have sold some sort of car for it -.-
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:chuckle People just think all OP player are cash player. Other reason, people are too sensitive and take everything he says seriously. However, I think in some cases it is purely jealousy.

b:laugh R9 was easy farm back than when DQ page with medals of glory and r9 mats. b:chuckle wish DQ history show my old logs.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

ppl who want to gold dig you

this b:shutup
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We all know the epeeened cash shoppers on RT. And they got their bad reputation based on their actions.

What people hate most, is how they brag about being so great, and others suck, based solely on their gear, not their skill. Oddly enough, it's the same people QQ'ing about NW, due to the fact that more people are becoming equally geared, and now they can't steamroll as many as they used to and actually have to rely on skill.

Character is not just a toon u play.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't usually care if someone cashshops its the thought that a lot of those people (or at least the ones that I meet) have that because they they can 1-shot someone (usually due to the cashshop) they are the best thing since sliced bread.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Mooooo how about u? No hatez on ur server? All love u even if ur toons are ubber op.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We all know the epeeened cash shoppers on RT. And they got their bad reputation based on their actions.

What people hate most, is how they brag about being so great, and others suck, based solely on their gear, not their skill. Oddly enough, it's the same people QQ'ing about NW, due to the fact that more people are becoming equally geared, and now they can't steamroll as many as they used to and actually have to rely on skill.

Character is not just a toon u play.

On Archosaur "R9 only enhances PvP skills". The hate one might argue tends to be fairly easy to follow on constant bragging mixed with idiotic comments quoted. The number who hate CSers is pretty small but the people who hate certain CSers can be fairly big.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mooooo how about u? No hatez on ur server? All love u even if ur toons are ubber op.

i cutz myself at nit
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i cutz myself at nit

Because ikutmyself keeps driving up dod prices
  • joeblowekul
    joeblowekul Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    we All Know The Epeeened Cash Shoppers On Rt. And They Got Their Bad Reputation Based On Their Actions.

What People Hate Most, Is How They Brag About Being So Great, And Others Suck, Based Solely On Their Gear, Not Their Skill. Oddly Enough, It's The Same People Qq'ing About Nw, Due To The Fact That More People Are Becoming Equally Geared, And Now They Can't Steamroll As Many As They Used To And Actually Have To Rely On Skill.

Character Is Not Just A Toon U Play.

This.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oooo this is loaded lol.

here's my 2 cents (courtesy of my second time in room 32):

Last year I spent a little over $5,000 paintballing competitively; (travelling across the country several times, weekly practice, new gear, etc.). Every Thursday and Friday from my sophomore year until i graduated college I went with my friends to the local night clubs and would spend somewhere between $20 (if I was unlucky DD) to $150 (if I was stupid and bought drinks for chicks or ended up at the strip club)...

Why is this info relevant? Because that was my entertainment budget. That's the money I spent having fun. I expect that if I had stayed in and played this game, spending my entertainment budget here instead I would be one of those OP characters. And to me that's just fine, if that's where you derive pleasure in your free time then great, why should anyone get to condemn anyone else for that?
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hated Csers before but now dont really care. The gears might make them hit harder, and be able to take a hit but usualy isnt any actual skill behind some or most R9. If it weren't for them no real content would of been released.

I have csed before from time to time, would of had 3r9 by now but choose not to.
  • dragonfire3001
    dragonfire3001 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On Archosaur "R9 only enhances PvP skills". The hate one might argue tends to be fairly easy to follow on constant bragging mixed with idiotic comments quoted. The number who hate CSers is pretty small but the people who hate certain CSers can be fairly big.

over all agrees on tha server not much hate but for a few CSers that seem to drive it on like they get a kick out of it thems lol
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At one time, those with OP R9 gear were assumed to be CSers, but now likely as not they farmed their gear. Some CSers are great people and some farmers are jerks and vice versa, just like everywhere else in life. It seems to me that there are two classes of R9+++ wizzies, which can be easily seen in NW. The one group actively plays, either having pk battles near the center, or supporting/attacking the flag carriers, and generally having a good time. The other group stands near the enemy spawn point and one-shots nearly everyone as soon as their immunity wears off. I have great respect for the first group and compliment them whenever I get a chance. As for the other group...b:scorn
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok for my point of view, getting awesome gear early in game doesnt make u nab, just u arent so skilled at surviving cause u dont have to.
    i have and keep farming all my gear, atm i have r9 3rd cast armors, 2 +10 2 +7 with exclusive garnets, and g16 +10 weapon, working to get r9 to recast it now, but since i got my r9 piece by piece at the time, im very skilled at surviving, not by kitting out of enemys like some of the so called "best wizards in server" think they are. i know how to survive... CAUSE I HAD TO!! my gears werent so great now.
    Now i can let another wiz hit me with a BT w/o worrying on gettin killed, now i worry if charm ticks, or sins killing me with aps, not so possible unless they are too OP.
    also, playing much pve does help u gain survavilty, if u act as a DD and not hide behind the rest like some do.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I get rather bored of them, by and large.

A few can be awesome people, and not utter camping narcisisstic nobs, but most are, and I simply avoid them by not going to West / Silver Pool.

I got so bored I decided to make a G16 Pataka as my project for my Wiz even though it makes little competetive sense. b:chuckle Gonna be fun.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey there fellow wizzies,

I am just curious how you guys relate with OP rich *** cashopers with R9.3+12 jaded.

Do they get unjustified hate for being a cashoper and paying pve to keep the business running?

What is your perception towards Op heavy cashopers?

I am just curious...i will post my own case later on.

i like how you word it like you're distancing yourself from them. b:chuckle
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    i like how you word it like you're distancing yourself from them. b:chuckle

hmmm....idk what you're talking about b:chuckle
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You still fight OP people you learn.

Do they get unjustified hate for being a cash shopper and paying pve to keep the business running?
    I suppose so.

Um yes and no

Want nothing to do with.

What is your perception towards Op heavy cash shoppers?
    Um can't beat them join them or pve and farm millions and join them. To be honest you just can't beat some of them cash shoppers and you would be stupid to try to beat some of them. Anyways just get best gear on server and destroy what you can.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
This discussion has been closed.