mat vs DQ items money farming

ClerVoienT - Lost City
ClerVoienT - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
hey
so i was doing some research on easy ways to make money, though the forums i found were quite outdated, the 2 main responses are farming low level mats found mainly around the starting cities and spamming the creation of the "Rock Breaker" or farming mobs where the main focus is on collecting the DQ items and selling those.

so my question then is, if we take a player that is 6x or 7x, which option would actually be more feasable or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by ClerVoienT - Lost City on

Comments

• Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmm... tough question.

Back when lv 6x and lv 7x dq points were worth something, l would've suggested aoe farming mobs.

l see that warren's merching guide is up in the beginner's forums.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can still farm the DQ materials, but i would suggest farming the ones for the Banker extension quests. Those are fairly solicited and will sell well in west arch or so :P

And remember that some of the DQ mobs will give you mats like leather , oil, glues, cotton, Rough fur. ETC...

Those are good to sell too :P b:pleased

You can farm HH mats too. le swooosh*
  • ClerVoienT - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    and if i wanted to do it in the case of not setting a catshop up, things that i would collect and sell to an NPC
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh but its more profitable to sell to other players O_o b:cute

Besides, if you don't want to set a catshop, or you can't , then you can sell in the Auction house system b:chuckle

But a warning. The AH takes a fee from your sales . So put your product prices accordingly and happy gaming b:bye
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let me put this in simpler terms:

If you don't run a catshop, you will not have much money. (Unless you sell gold, of course.)

It's pretty much that simple, nowadays.
    There's some leeway, if you level-lock an avatar to efficiently farm some of the few remaining needed mob-drop mats and sell in AH.
    but really very little. Almost anything else you end up spending so much on auction fees for failed sales that you don't make a profit.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey
    so i was doing some research on easy ways to make money, though the forums i found were quite outdated, the 2 main responses are farming low level mats found mainly around the starting cities and spamming the creation of the "Rock Breaker" or farming mobs where the main focus is on collecting the DQ items and selling those.

so my question then is, if we take a player that is 6x or 7x, which option would actually be more feasable or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As a cleric its best just to rush to 89 and farm hell herbs. Else you'll realize that you just spent hours of your time farming for a single gold. At that rate... people in third world countries will average more then you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Yagrum - Dreamweaver
    Yagrum - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let me put this in simpler terms:

If you don't run a catshop, you will not have much money. (Unless you sell gold, of course.)

It's pretty much that simple, nowadays.
    There's some leeway, if you level-lock an avatar to efficiently farm some of the few remaining needed mob-drop mats and sell in AH.
    but really very little. Almost anything else you end up spending so much on auction fees for failed sales that you don't make a profit.

I'm a noob so could you please explain what is and how you can level lock an avatar?b:puzzled
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm a noob so could you please explain what is and how you can level lock an avatar?b:puzzled

Get to a certain level where the mob drops are optimized for your level, ie, mobs are white named, then grind and grind and grind on them. To ensure you don't level up and go out of the optimum drop rate zone, dump all your exp into genies to keep yourself in that range.
  • Yagrum - Dreamweaver
    Yagrum - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info. There are a lot of things to learn to be able to play this game well.b:thanks
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a cleric its best just to rush to 89 and farm hell herbs. Else you'll realize that you just spent hours of your time farming for a single gold. At that rate... people in third world countries will average more then you.

During 2X drops, I would make about 150K-200K worth of drops per AoE. Mostly thanks to the 3 or 4 Glaze that dropped per batch. Cheap, charmless, NPC gear; and earn great XP from hypering on the runs as well. Only take a few minutes to do as well, so definitely a route for clerics to go.
  • ClerVoienT - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    well i went and tested the Rock Beaker thing(farm sandstone and pig iron) and i made roughly 100k in an hour and that was with someone ruining my route.

that is at lvl 20 and if im correct that is a fare amount to make in that time is it not?