Nirvana Dungeon

2»

Comments

• Oltrenatura - Harshlands
    Oltrenatura - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, GMs please bring back the nirvana dungeon by increasing the drop rate, i miss caster nirv with my psy and btw if u don't bring nirvana back ppl could get R9 without cashshopping, collecting nirvana talis.. xD and you don't want this.. right?!? b:laugh
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol, silly people, you can't have supply tokens as a reward for killing Nirvana bosses. You think somehow its 'balancing' things out for people 'who can't make nation wars'. What will ACTUALLY happen is that all of the OP people will farm the HELL out of it for those tokens, earning far more than you, INCREASING the imbalance. Supply tokens anywhere besides nation wars is NOT good.

Increased drop rates? Good idea.
    Vile bosses that drop badges only? Good idea!
    Other trade-in options for nirvana keys? Cool idea.
    Other trade-in options for reflective shards? Cool idea too.
    Supply tokens from any nirvana boss (or any boss)? BAD idea!

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Supply tokens from any nirvana boss (or any boss)? BAD idea!

Because giving non OP people a chance to get the same stuff is bad. Yea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so any class that want to do casters nirvy, come to raging tides server, ill be more than happy to be your tour guide b:pleased

I want someone like you in Harshlands b:chuckle
    I never did Nirvana and it seems now that I won't find people to do it when I'll get decent gear to go on Nirvana :c
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013

they do have the same chance. tt80/frost geared people can easily leave nw with 50 tokens.

of course it takes longer to get the same stuff as well geared people. thats the point.

as i've said before, the point of the game is to make you frustrated enough to spend money. thats how they make money.

grinding is slow.
    farming is hard with low gear.
    its harder to get tokens with lower gear
    i dont have enough HP
    their gear is so much better than mine
    pots dont heal as well as charms
    rank 9 procs are overpowered
    Im not leveling fast enough
    i need better shards
    i dont have enough coins
    etc. etc. etc.

all of these things and more are sources of frustration, and all can be cured by cash shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Sure... instead of dropping raps... let the final boss drop supply tokens at rap ratio.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, GMs please bring back the nirvana dungeon by increasing the drop rate, i miss caster nirv with my psy and btw if u don't bring nirvana back ppl could get R9 without cashshopping, collecting nirvana talis.. xD and you don't want this.. right?!? b:laugh

How so? Elaborate more on this. I've been hearing "R9 is a lot cheaper thanks to NW, I'm so getting it" a lot more. Bringing casters nirvy back won't change a thing, it will only make it cheaper then it is with NW.
  • VairyHagina - Momaganon
    VairyHagina - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay, as you can clearly see I'm not an aps class^^

First of all: It usually takes 6 people to enter Nirvana, so if you don't want people to solo farm, you don't have to let them.

2.: Not ever aps class is able to solo Nirvana b:pleased

So my idea would be... add a BH III, since BH I gives you a Nirvana key anyways! That way, Nirvana wouldn't be wasted anymore, and it wouldn't make any sense to spam it either b:victory

Oh and probably the most important part, as for the reward, well the reward should come from the Bounty Hunter himself. Only thing left to decide, is if it's gonna be Supply Tokens, or one has to choose between Raptures and Cannies (ofc in 1:5 ratio)
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Of course it is, at least in the eyes of PWE. Simply because if only OP people can get then you'll want it to, so therefore you'll spend cash to become OP or quit and some one else will spend the cash to do it. Nothing in life or this game is ever free! Even if it was free to you (say a hard TT or something that order) I assure you some one you are playing with is paying for it.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
    edited January 2013
    2.: Not ever aps class is able to solo Nirvana b:pleased

Your wrong. A lot of R9 +12 sins on my server can solo nirvana in 15 mins, equal to a 3man squad of +10 5aps weapons. Barbs can, and so can BMs, as long as you have 5aps and high refined gear(+10 or better), or did you typo and mean every instead of ever? Either way, all aps classes can solo nirvana.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You make it sound like you have to be OP to get supply tokens in NW. Given that I've done it in lower-level gear that is neither sharded nor refined, and received a reward, I beg to differ.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You make it sound like you have to be OP to get supply tokens in NW. Given that I've done it in lower-level gear that is neither sharded nor refined, and received a reward, I beg to differ.

Lol I didn't even mean it that way. I know you can grab quite a decent reward in NW even with average gears.

What I meant to say is that supply tokens are NW only atm. Which sucks if rumors right and the new veno pets will need those to get. There's so many people who simply can't attend NW for reasons, they should be available another way if they can't get off their ***** and fix their event times so everyone gets a stab at NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I also thought of the idea to put a boss from vana as a bh quest.

Better than just leaving the cave there

Agreed. Good idea but make sure you can kill either bosses in Caster / normal verson otherwise this will be hard for some to get squads!
  • VairyHagina - Momaganon
    VairyHagina - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your wrong. A lot of R9 +12 sins on my server can solo nirvana in 15 mins, equal to a 3man squad of +10 5aps weapons. Barbs can, and so can BMs, as long as you have 5aps and high refined gear(+10 or better), or did you typo and mean every instead of ever? Either way, all aps classes can solo nirvana.

Yeah sorry, it was a typo b:surrender
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it possible to increase the drop rate of Nirvana Dungeon?
    Maybe if you increase the drop rate in Nirvana it will encourage do it again

No. Decrease NW rewards so Nirvana is profitable again.

Greedy f**ks.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Supply tokens are a PvP reward though. Rather than killing off NW and making tokens worthless, they should focus on alternate times for NW that suit everyone. They have 2 a week, putting one on at a European time would mean we all get to go to at least one war. Adding tokens to nirvana feels too much like a "patch it over" solution to a problem. Perhaps we're just too used to poor treatment from the devs to expect or ask for actual content development. Kinda sad.

Fixing vana shouldn't be that difficult to be honest. The chests aren't really that bad except for the cannies and horrible drop rate. First of all bump the droprate to 10 chests per boss. That way a full run will give each squad member roughly 10 chests. Next, alter the overall contents of each chest, perhaps as follows.

-Flawless Garnet
    -Flawless Citrine
    -Flawless Sapphire
    -3 Flawless Amber
    -5 Cannies
    -1 Rapture
    -10 Mirage Celestone
    -100 Perfect Stone
    -3 Chest Of Coins
    -Immaculate Shard (5%)

And there you go. A PvE instance where you make decent coin. Other instances aren't affected, shards become a little easier to get. No coin is injected into the economy. I'd run that quite happily.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Supply tokens are a PvP reward though. Rather than killing off NW and making tokens worthless, they should focus on alternate times for NW that suit everyone. They have 2 a week, putting one on at a European time would mean we all get to go to at least one war. Adding tokens to nirvana feels too much like a "patch it over" solution to a problem. Perhaps we're just too used to poor treatment from the devs to expect or ask for actual content development. Kinda sad.

Fixing vana shouldn't be that difficult to be honest. The chests aren't really that bad except for the cannies and horrible drop rate. First of all bump the droprate to 10 chests per boss. That way a full run will give each squad member roughly 10 chests. Next, alter the overall contents of each chest, perhaps as follows.

-Flawless Garnet
    -Flawless Citrine
    -Flawless Sapphire
    -3 Flawless Amber
    -5 Cannies
    -1 Rapture
    -10 Mirage Celestone
    -100 Perfect Stone
    -3 Chest Of Coins
    -Immaculate Shard (5%)

And there you go. A PvE instance where you make decent coin. Other instances aren't affected, shards become a little easier to get. No coin is injected into the economy. I'd run that quite happily.

Thankfully you're not in charge, your proposed "solution" would seriously hurt NW and throw the economy further out of whack.

50 chests dropped per run, resulting in possibly hundreds of Uncanny, in an instance which can be cleared in 5 minutes? What are you smoking?
    edited January 2013

-Flawless Garnet
    -Flawless Citrine
    -Flawless Sapphire
    -3 Flawless Amber
    -5 Cannies
    -1 Rapture
    -10 Mirage Celestone
    -100 Perfect Stone
    -3 Chest Of Coins
    -Immaculate Shard (5%)

I'm 5aps and well able to run nirvy with others so I would naturally support this but I do not. Mainly because it would destroy cannies/raps to literally less then 10,000 coins(crafting fee price). Everyone would run around with maxed out gear all the time, and it would become well unbalanced. I know the idea of a utopia where we are all equal sounds great and all...but only those who can see the reason behind a world with both the weak and the strong would understand how it survives.

In simpler terms...your idea will make PWI equal to the feelings when you play a PW private server. A world that dies fast.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It's not problem to get tokens, but amount is really low. Last few NW I had average of 40 tokens per NW. Last time I got lucky and got 60, and I wasn't in winning nation. But there is really a lot of R9 and Stage 3 R9 people now, and they are able to get 250+ tokens per NW. So in just one NW they get as much tokens as I usually don't get in a month.

5APS means nothing in NW. I've done NW with my 5APS sin, usual 5APS gear, refined to +4/+5 and it means nothing in PVP when most people one shot me b:laugh. But I enjoy PVE with that build. b:cute
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The problem is not Nirvana , The problem is the NW Forge that hands cany and rapture out like candy on children's day - 5 tokens per Rapture or Uncanyx5 would give some life back to Nirvana. Simple as that. However , This would defeat the goal of making Nirvana Farmers Cash shop.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thankfully you're not in charge, your proposed "solution" would seriously hurt NW and throw the economy further out of whack.

50 chests dropped per run, resulting in possibly hundreds of Uncanny, in an instance which can be cleared in 5 minutes? What are you smoking?

If there's roughly 10 different options and 10 chests per boss and a fairly equal rate for the standard items, you're talking each person on average walking away with maybe 5 cannies per run. Not hundreds. Unless my math is way off. I could run vana all week and still make less than I do in one NW. NW will kill the canny market by itself anyway and is doing so very rapidly.

But I'm not arguing and I'm definitely not an expert. Could just remove cannies/raps from the chests entirely if it would be an issue. And fine tune the number of chests to a reasonable number. Surely a worthwhile shard and mirage instance couldn't hurt.
  • Green_john - Lost City
    Green_john - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could we have a answear from GM's pliz

A lot of ppl agreed to increase drop rate of Nirvana :)

Thx :D
  • goodjob2
    goodjob2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just go all for one and will be fast for u to get your drops ^^
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First Mistake GM ever made was make most bosses on higher level mag. Second one was the making of sins, bm and Seekers, who can take instance alone. Third one the power level option in FF.
    As a veno first remark : You are outdated. Great job GM!

I live in Europa and there for hardly can do NW. Nirvi, lunar, warsong, FF or any another instance are simple not done. Oh there is plenty of FF runs but not for a Veno. Mainly because we hopeless suck in killing heads and bosses. For TT and nirv ppl simple buy ppl to join squad to get in.

More sad part is you cant transfer your char to another server, who is more in your time zone. So I to make all 95 levels again by grinding and hope I be accepted as veno on that server. Yeah I know make my own group but damn its so hard to get a cleric then. Time different is a big problem. Why not give another a change to join on different times? Allow ppl to just join only 1 NW.

But maybe its not all GM's fault! After all they do not play the game. The fact so many of you are greedy takes the fun out off the game. Asking 22-40 mil for a revive kind said it all. Sadly the poor cleric cant even use it for herself! TT is not being done as a squad after all every high level has a sin or bm who can do it alone! God forbid you need to team up and give the another classes a change to their mats as well. NO way it will cost you coins......after all you can sell these mats to the suckers who play on the wrong server. And there is the joke( call faction) omg I never see a faction do joined FF/TT/ lunar or any another instance. Still hoping I can finish my culti there lol.

Maybe it will help to complain less and start helping another.