Xookami_sanX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
the file PackDLL.dll is broken and i tried to install it as a torrent
Post edited by Xookami_sanX - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This Questions has been answered here ---> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1527451&highlight=PackDLL.dll please go through all the questions and solutions provided you will get ur answer ,i'm too lazy to type .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Xookami_sanX - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    i've already seen and i cn't downlod the file
    edited January 2013
    whats wrong then?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    whats wrong then?

Most likely it's your security software.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited January 2013
    Most likely it's your security software.

i dont think so
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    i dont think so
    Well if your antivirus didn't eat it, and you don't have any corrupt sectors on your hard drive, and you got a clean download (with a torrent this is pretty much a given since it does md5 checks), then you won't have any problems.

However, you are having a problem, which means that something has interfered with the files. The most common culprit is antivirus software reading a false-positive and cleaning/quarantining/locking the file which makes it unusable by the installer.

Since this also happens to be one of the more common files affected by this issue, that backs up my reasoning even further.

Maybe you could list the precise steps you are taking when you are attempting this up to where you get the error. (By precise, I mean each and every step, no matter how common/mundane it is.)

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited January 2013
    Well if your antivirus didn't eat it, and you don't have any corrupt sectors on your hard drive, and you got a clean download (with a torrent this is pretty much a given since it does md5 checks), then you won't have any problems.

However, you are having a problem, which means that something has interfered with the files. The most common culprit is antivirus software reading a false-positive and cleaning/quarantining/locking the file which makes it unusable by the installer.

Since this also happens to be one of the more common files affected by this issue, that backs up my reasoning even further.

Maybe you could list the precise steps you are taking when you are attempting this up to where you get the error. (By precise, I mean each and every step, no matter how common/mundane it is.)

i tried to download the file that Sizzer said but when i downloded it, it said the file was gone or moves
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher(Note:This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.) find a file called fixit double click on it. Try this out might work for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher(Note:This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.) find a file called fixit double click on it. Try this out might work for you.

not working -.-
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Try to locate the file in PackDLL.dll in launcher folder ? see if it's there or not ? Try "Verify" option from launcher it helps a fixes a lot of things do it twice or thrice see if that works ?
    If all fails then re-install the game from 0 but make sure when your downloading the game through torrent your anti-virus or security system doesn't blocks anything. There are lots of thread regarding this use search function.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hopefulhuman
    hopefulhuman Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same problem. i did the direct download twice. so i did the torrent one and it's almost done. my direct download was constantly and incessantly being halted and i had to resume and do all sorts of starting and stopping of it so im thinking that might be the source. on both times i downloaded from the direct dl link, this happened so i think the 'direct download' option might be broken for some of us. i dont know. i'll see and hope that the torrent is a more reliable download. i hope :D
  • hopefulhuman
    edited January 2013
    this time with the torrent version. no luck. still getting the same "missing packdll.dll" message. so i downloaded the packdll and put it in my 'patcher' folder and i get a new message saying that it cant locate 'dynamic link FillPackVersion'. i have no idea what to do after this.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Try running Launcher.exe in "Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\"

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • hopefulhuman
    edited January 2013
    tried that and nothing.

i dont see how the torrent version can be missing this file. it's not. its my computer and i have no idea where to start fixing it.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    try downloading the torrent again with the antivirus off. Some antivirus software will scan and clean files inside of compressed packages.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • hopefulhuman
    edited January 2013
    i found out what was wrong. there were actually two files missing--PackDLL and packdll. weird
    edited January 2013
    Try to locate the file in PackDLL.dll in launcher folder ? see if it's there or not ? Try "Verify" option from launcher it helps a fixes a lot of things do it twice or thrice see if that works ?
    If all fails then re-install the game from 0 but make sure when your downloading the game through torrent your anti-virus or security system doesn't blocks anything. There are lots of thread regarding this use search function.
    its a trojan in PackDLL.dll
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    b:surrender
    its a trojan in PackDLL.dll

Seriously?

It's a known false-positive. It's been discussed to death. It's one of a couple that have been known about for well over 4 years now. Anyone who seriously believes that a developer of the size and scale of Wanmei or PWE would have a trojan in their files needs to have their heads checked.

Next time, try reading ALL the information on the Download page before you decide to download a client. Alternatively, searching and reading this forum would have revealed several threads/posts that inform you that there are known false-positives and that you need to take measures with your security software to prevent problems with the client because of it.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited January 2013