Favorite ways to take down a tanky opponent in a 1v1

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
Just curious what everyone's favorite ways to take down somebody tough in a 1v1 (like a well geared bm for example). Mine used to be get to 50%, undine -> sleep -> BIDS and go for the bypass.. but I've been finding more and more that I can't even kill people with that D: I think my new favorite is to get to 50%, undine -> mortal reversion -> gush to tick -> make sure I won't get interrupted (sometimes a fortify -> IG, sometimes just need fortify) and then sutra spark combo. Obviously pretty easy to foil with apoth or genie, but I try to get them to waste that stuff before I try a combo like that.

I've also been finding that ice prison is very useful against squishier opponents that tend to kite more.. like archers, feels so good when you are being chased by one.. cast IP and fortify + blink towards them. Them being stuck in place for the next like 9 seconds with a 30% amp along with being in melee range with them.. can't really be a bad thing XD A few archers have caught on to how OP ice prison is and just holy path away when I begin channeling (which I could probably abuse by just canceling to waste their genie..) but I've began to tactical reversion first, then blink to where they are gonna be in 6 seconds and start channeling it there.. the timing works out just about perfect for them being dragged back into range for the first pulse :D

Anyway, I'm curious what other "combos" people use to take down the harder to kill targets :P
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sutra spark
    Sutra chi pot MS spark
    Sutra BT spark
    Spark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:chucklespark over rated
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I roll my face on the keyboard and pray that it somehow manages to hit the right skills in the right order to give me a clear victory.

Naturally, I take full credit for my "genius and well-planned" strategy afterwards. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Press buttons
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I press 1 button, the macro one.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sleep-->undine is my favorite combo.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    welp not exactly the responses I was looking for b:cry
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    I press 1 button, the macro one.

I am serious. I got a macro with Hailstorm+Meteor +Pitfall for epic disable, then use blinding blaze, iceprison, eventually Firecombo to finish the target.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Charm by pass 1 hit is ofc my favorite..b:angry
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3 spark + F1 = GG b:bye
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frostblade + windshield + aps
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Hory shet I almost forgot my favorite combo:

Fortify -> IG -> Sutra -> Town Portal
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    alt + tab or alt + f4 works well
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Windows Key + -> + ^ + ^ + ^ + Enter.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    up up down down left right left right b a start
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    up up down down left right left right b a start

Why you give away our secretssss
    edited January 2013
    On topic:

All R9+10/+12 classes and up are tanky(Rafines makes them tanky)

This is what I do:

Wiz vs Wiz

1. I use fire combo and kill them fast
    2. I use sleep+BT+spark and dead

I make sure they use their genie/apo first, so I dont waste my sparks as they are hard to get in 1 vs 1 as a demon wiz.

Wiz vs BM

For some reasons R9.3 recast BMs with full JoSDs are damn tanky and even with spark combo, their defense does not go that low as it is suppose to. I tick their charms, try to use the disable combo then when they go magic marrow, I try my luck with BT. It is usually their doom if BT hits them with EP on.

Wiz vs Cleric

R9.3 cleric are a pain to kill as they have sleep/seal/dmg over time through seal and sleep.They heal alot, purify and the wiz is at the mercy of crits to kill the cleric. One lucky charm bypass and then an instant channeling pot, BT+spark and Devine pyro should take them out, in the eventuality they dont AD or use APO or other defensive skills.

Wiz vs Archer

R9.3 archers +12/JoSDs are a real challenge. If there is a 1 vs 1 self buff fight, they chances are 50 /50 but when they are fully buffed, they can reach 28k hp and there is little one wiz with 15k hp can do to bypass that amount once he gets purged. Purge proc rate is insane and best thing is keep close distance to them and try to force them to use APO/Genie so you can go for the kill. If they get advantage in range/they kite well and over 30m range will get you killed. Keep in mind you need 25m for undine so stay as close to them as possible. Firecombo usually finishes them off.

Wiz vs Venomancer

Venos are a "beach" to kill, coz they purge and have so many disablers with the new update. I only killed undergeared venos with R9.3+10 on my server but even in NW, they are hard to put down. Fire combo+ BT usually does the trick, but a smart veno will eat your chi so bad you will never have 2 sparks unless you use apo.

Wiz vs Barbarian

Fully buffed battle is not cool, they purge too, they can tank alot, with the new update, their deaden nerves is annoying. Watchout for Zerk crit arma and use all disablers to tick them then, go for the kill with fire combo or...anticipate when they go human form for arma and when they use TOP for genie boost, use fire combo, tank the arma and kill them.

Wiz vs Psych

Bypass charm tick and mdef charm and finish them off with BT/spark but...I have never had luck with psychs. I lost 90% of the battles vs psychs 1 vs 1. They can go down in white too but on black voodoo is easier. Some use a special genie with anti-seal and physical dmg genie skills to trigger the physical reduction charms.

Wiz vs Sin

With the new purify on R9,3 wep, sins are not such a danger as they use to be. Just kite them and DD on them till their buffs wear off and kill them after. Firecombo works fine on them but regular hits should do the trick too.

Wiz vs Seeker

Tanky as hell, seekers need zerk crits to kill a wiz. They dont have much cc so keep distance and DD on them, they should die rather easy. Once you made sure they used genie and apo, just firecombo and they die even with full HP.

Wiz vs Mystic

Mystics are a pain to kill, due to that damn pet that stuns 5 sec, is spamable and they hit fast and hard on wiz with wood dmg. Their Pdef is quite high and BT does not do much on them. Also, their shields can disrupt the combo of fire and here we are...play for lucky crits and use firecombo w/o BT to take them out.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    So pretty much what boogie said
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are we talking favorite or most effective way to kill things. I find that my ulti's are still capable of bypassing tanky targets but sutra is the more effective way to deal with them since i don't really need crits. SS>SR>gush>GS is nice if they have soul of fire(its starting to catch on in HL).

All in all, my favorite way to kill things is to tick their charm get them below 50% mortal reversion>blink out of range>tactical>start BIDS/BT. Their hp will revert back down shortly before you finish channeling and tactical will bounce them back out of interrupt range. Not really teh most effective use of chi, but i get a lot of "wtf how did you do that" and it's fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.