Reel In in PVE

Cathulion - Dreamweaver
Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Blademaster
I've noticed that more then half the mobs I fight resist Reel In all the time, like they somehow have some natural resistance to it.b:cry It's such a fun skillb:victory
Post edited by Cathulion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've noticed that also, even low-level mobs resist it at a high rate.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think there is a fixed % for soulforce on mobs. It may just be the base you get for level.

I've had it fail once in Lunar, and succeed like over 20 times.

In opposite, I've had it fail 9/10 times in NW even vs like +4 to +5 people (Ive got 42k soulforce). I've literally never failed outta 8+ tries on a full +12 R9 Barb, yet never succeeded on a +6 Barb out of 4 times in TW. So I think its just a luck with the random number generator thing.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While I haven't tried it multiple times, I do notice a lot of mobs show "RESIST" above their heads so I assumed them to be immune and didn't bother to try again. I did a few tests in Abaddon where I'm higher level than all the mobs and never successfully pulled anything with 40.5K soulforce.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Think of it as archers/psychics/mystics/wizzies knowckback. Some mobs it does happen to, some it doesn't. Then there's the chance that it will fail as well...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Helping_Hand - Raging Tide
    Helping_Hand - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ppl told me it is not a good skill so i didn't bother getting it.
    now it is confirmed,ty
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    now it is confirmed,ty

Reel In is beast mode in PvP. So much sexiness. When it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    now it is confirmed,ty

who ever told u that should go uninstall..... I only have 16k SF and I think its awesome
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reel In is beast mode in PvP. So much sexiness. When it works.

Its also a great move to "stall" people who have anti-stunned. Reeling them in holds them basically for 3 seconds where they can't use skills and allows you to keep a little control of the fight, setup a stun when their anti-stun wears off, and keep kiting to a minimum.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its also a great move to "stall" people who have anti-stunned. Reeling them in holds them basically for 3 seconds where they can't use skills and allows you to keep a little control of the fight, setup a stun when their anti-stun wears off, and keep kiting to a minimum.

Quite so, my good sir! If only the success rate wasn't abysmal. Though that probably has more to do with my +5 refines than anything else b:sad
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    now it is confirmed,ty

Actually, this is the best overall skill to get from Morai skills. It does work (and well) in PvE too, it depends if the mobs have a natural resistance to it or if your soulforce is really low.

I utilize it in Lunar often for AoE situations. It's great for getting mobs down off walls, or moving a stray if you don't want to reposition for Meteor Rush.

As stated above, in PvP it's a beast. Especially stalling flag runners and catabarbs - along with pulling DDs out of their ranged safe spot, and pulling kiters back. Never underestimate another CC option in PvP.
    Quite so, my good sir! If only the success rate wasn't abysmal. Though that probably has more to do with my +5 refines than anything else b:sad

It does with your refines. I suggest to people to get your weapon up first, its worth more soulforce. I know several people with better fist than axe refines that will switch real fast to make it more likely to succeed and go back to axes.

Also, work with another BM - even at +5 all around, one of you will most likely succeed.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Actually, this is the best overall skill to get from Morai skills. It does work (and well) in PvE too, it depends if the mobs have a natural resistance to it or if your soulforce is really low.

I utilize it in Lunar often for AoE situations. It's great for getting mobs down off walls, or moving a stray if you don't want to reposition for Meteor Rush.

As stated above, in PvP it's a beast. Especially stalling flag runners and catabarbs - along with pulling DDs out of their ranged safe spot, and pulling kiters back. Never underestimate another CC option in PvP.

It does with your refines. I suggest to people to get your weapon up first, its worth more soulforce. I know several people with better fist than axe refines that will switch real fast to make it more likely to succeed and go back to axes.

Also, work with another BM - even at +5 all around, one of you will most likely succeed.

I'm currently using R9, it'd be a waste of money to go past +5 until I'm third cast. I'm patiently saving whatever money I make for orbs while doing NW for Summerwinds. +10 on the axes is certainly my first priority, once I get a good roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    I'm currently using R9, it'd be a waste of money to go past +5 until I'm third cast. I'm patiently saving whatever money I make for orbs while doing NW for Summerwinds. +10 on the axes is certainly my first priority, once I get a good roll.

Totally, and thats the smart choice. It's well worth the wait fyi :) If anything keep trying and see if you get lucky (Ive had some +5's succeed on me) or work with another BM - statistics and all say one of you should pull it off.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Totally, and thats the smart choice. It's well worth the wait fyi :) If anything keep trying and see if you get lucky (Ive had some +5's succeed on me) or work with another BM - statistics and all say one of you should pull it off.

I've had it work a handful of times on R9R3+12's, it tends to work well on people that aren't full+10, succeeds 3/5 tries from what I've noticed. There's no other BM I really work with, a sin and Seeker are my usual teammates these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    I've had it work a handful of times on R9R3+12's, it tends to work well on people that aren't full+10, succeeds 3/5 tries from what I've noticed. There's no other BM I really work with, a sin and Seeker are my usual teammates these days.

Yea and I find that some days, even for me at 42k soulforce (forgot what it is now, I just added 2 +12s), it will fail 9 outta 10 times. Severe roll of the dice.

Good choice in teamates, add in a really proactive and cooperative veno and a range DD (I prefer archer) and you have a good section of the squad I work with that base locks the **** outta people.

So far my most efficient group makeup has been:
    2 BMs
    1 Seeker
    1 Pro Flag Running Barb (gear does NOT matter if they know their class - best flag runner I've worked with is an 18k APS Demon Barb)
    1 Cleric
    1-2 Venos
    Rest DDs.

Key has always been cooperative play, no matter what the refines and group makeup. Usually I'm the only full +12 R9rr in the squad, everyone else is workin their gear up or have weird but workable builds. One of the sins Ive squaded with is HA, +10 to +12 APS sins or Archers, etc. As long as they know their stuff.

I've been off stunlocked and screwed, and the +6 N3 BM has carried a group of 2 +12 weapon sins, a +5 N3 veno, a cleric, and a +6 R9 Seeker to victory over a ton of people.

With a good cooperative and coordinated group the refines don't matter that much until you run into a pro coordinated group with better gear.