Why ?

Options
Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Why are bots getting away with cheating ? I took SS of a bot cheating, showing his route to herbs, going through mobs to dig herbs, a total of 70 SS. I reported this bot through a " ticket" . they say they will look into it, but needless to say that same bot is botting in hell farming hell herb, it's not fair to reasonable players who actually farm to get there coin in game instead of cheating and getting coin for free. Why has the player not been banned permantly along with his other bots or toons. It seems like the PWI mod, Devs or Gm's don't give a flying *** about it. PWI should run Punkbuster or some other anti-cheating program to stop this cheating, really not fair to the REAL FARMERS INGAME. The player is still using his cheats and getting his herb for free, PWI STAFF plz do something about this. it's really out of control. Should the real farmers just stoop to there lvl and get a bot for ourself's and the whole farming area can be covered with bots? Will u ban the bots then ?
Post edited by Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "We'll look into it" is code for, "meh, if I have some free time and I'm super bored I may go take a peek".

And since they don't have free time anymore due to being understaffed and overloaded...
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "We'll look into it" is code for, "meh, if I have some free time and I'm super bored I may go take a peek".

And since they don't have free time anymore due to being understaffed and overloaded...

Are they really understaffed and overloaded? I hear this a lot, but really who said that? Did a fired employee say that?
    They are team responsible only for PWI not othet PWE games and what do mmorpg management really do? Translate expansions/paches, read and respond to tickets, make meeting where they discuss new packs and small content for cash shop? What else?
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    On the other hand, is it away from you (more than less price each herb) if these bots makes coins? You can not win MMORPG game b:laugh

Anti cheat programs doesn't usually help much and game companies has limited resources to use for this. Cheat yourself if you like to play easy mode, not many cares, or play legit if you want to play game as it is supposed to do.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Are they really understaffed and overloaded? I hear this a lot, but really who said that? Did a fired employee say that?
    They are team responsible only for PWI not othet PWE games and what do mmorpg management really do? Translate expansions/paches, read and respond to tickets, make meeting where they discuss new packs and small content for cash shop? What else?
    IIRC, they have a Support staff of roughly 20-ish people that provide support for all of the PWE games, not just PWE. (There is more detailed information around somewhere that frankieraye posted a while back.)

Also, it's not the job of the Support staff to translate the expansions, or discuss new packs or content. Their job is basically responding to, and troubleshooting tickets for the 14 games and associated websites that are currently managed by PWE.

Now stop and think...
    1. How many people play each of these games? Thousands right? Tens of thousands at a minimum.
    2. How many support tickets are submitted each day by player for each game? (Previous GM experience tells me hundreds.)
    3. Now do the math.... Let's say each game generates an average of 150 tickets a day. Multiplied by 14 games. Then divided by a staff of 25.
    _______(150x14)/25=X
    ________,(2100)/25=84

Okay, so now each staff member has 84 tickets to work on in one day.
    If we set an average completion time of 5 minutes for each ticket.. 84x5=420minutes 420/60=7 hours.

Now we know that the Support staff works from 9am-5pm. That's 8 hours. take off a half hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks and you've got 7 hours.
    Oh wait, that's full of tickets.

Now the number of tickets rises and falls, but they also have team meeting, personal productivity, and variances in the amount of work that needs to be put into each ticket.

You can see though, that they have very little spare time, and this is basically why PWE no longer offers the Live Chat Support. They don't have people to run it.
    Sadly, it appears that the company also refuses to spend any money on hiring more staff to provide better service.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This happens alot, company makes one successful product and losses focus on other products.
    They made like what 600mill a year and only 20 people are managing all there products?
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • bobbyknocker
    bobbyknocker Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I know what u mean about these botters ive seen a certain player on dreamweaver
    thats puts his herbs in his mains shop and i think all know he bots,Ive got scennies of him saying ""I Done alot wrong pwi never catch me they not so anything anyway"
    this was while are squad was talking about earning coin and he said its easy if your computer can run a few clients and just auto bot .
    But to be honest Pwi will not ban these people,will not even bother looking into it.
    You have to face facts ,Yeah it pisses people off but you might aswell bot yourself on a toon you dont care about not hard to find one just search google herb bots mob bots etc.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They don't care about it, PWI will prefer remove the herbs from the game beside ban the bots.

PWI don't care about their own TOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They don't care about it, PWI will prefer remove the herbs from the game beside ban the bots.

PWI don't care about their own TOS.

they should just make bombs spawn that explode when moving xD
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Do what ********* did! Make a sandwich lady or some old **** appear that will give you a piece of something consumable when you respond or teleport you somewhere random if you won't!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    On the other hand, is it away from you (more than less price each herb) if these bots makes coins? You can not win MMORPG game b:laugh

Yes it is.

Bots are the reason all lower dq's are 1 coin. They're the reason decomposing 3*'s is worthless. They're the reason mob droprate is rubbish and also the reason why mobs drop next to no coin. It's even rumoured rubber banding is an anti bot/**** mechanic. They could easily raise droprate to a level where it would be much more reasonable without affecting their profits....except for botters, who can grind 24/7 and would abuse it.

Bots wreck games for everyone else. That should be obvious.
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    in other games i've played botting has been so bad that i've started doing it as well cause gms simply don't give a ****.

on this game i don't see many botters so it doesn't affect me much...but i really hate seeing someone running a bot 24-7 and getting pure profit/rewards while others like me actually have to put effort and don't even product a faction of their "work" b:angry

i've even gone as far as providing recorded video of stuck bots but i still see the very same players once in a while meaning GM did nothing to them b:cry
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    IIRC, they have a Support staff of roughly 20-ish people that provide support for all of the PWE games, not just PWE. (There is more detailed information around somewhere that frankieraye posted a while back.)

Also, it's not the job of the Support staff to translate the expansions, or discuss new packs or content. Their job is basically responding to, and troubleshooting tickets for the 14 games and associated websites that are currently managed by PWE.

Now stop and think...
    1. How many people play each of these games? Thousands right? Tens of thousands at a minimum.
    2. How many support tickets are submitted each day by player for each game? (Previous GM experience tells me hundreds.)
    3. Now do the math.... Let's say each game generates an average of 150 tickets a day. Multiplied by 14 games. Then divided by a staff of 25.
    _______(150x14)/25=X
    ________,(2100)/25=84

Okay, so now each staff member has 84 tickets to work on in one day.
    If we set an average completion time of 5 minutes for each ticket.. 84x5=420minutes 420/60=7 hours.

Now we know that the Support staff works from 9am-5pm. That's 8 hours. take off a half hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks and you've got 7 hours.
    Oh wait, that's full of tickets.

Now the number of tickets rises and falls, but they also have team meeting, personal productivity, and variances in the amount of work that needs to be put into each ticket.

You can see though, that they have very little spare time, and this is basically why PWE no longer offers the Live Chat Support. They don't have people to run it.
    Sadly, it appears that the company also refuses to spend any money on hiring more staff to provide better service.

There were so many unmentioned variables in your example...You assume it would be a GMs job to respond to every single ticket as they are submitted. I assume it would be a GMs job to prioritize responding to vital/important tickets first. PWI however feels that GMs should never respond to a ticket.

So lets say I submit 2100 tickets in one day and nobody else submits a single ticket. That's 84 tickets per staff member.

So lets assume each ticket takes 5 minutes to respond to. That's 7 hours per staff member.

So lets factor in lunches and breaks. That shortens each staff members time working to 7 hours.

So lets see how many tickets were resolved. None.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Some of the biggest botters on DW are also among the top csersb:shutup.. so yea, don't hold your breath for anything to be done.. at least not on a permanent basis.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Do what ********* did! Make a sandwich lady or some old **** appear that will give you a piece of something consumable when you respond or teleport you somewhere random if you won't!

They no longer do that. I sure do miss gettin' to makeout with a princess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Here on sanctuary there's 2 bots i have seen.

1 near the land of buried bones ( think thats the name ) Farming base quests mobs

The other one is near a village but I cant remember the name since maint is keeping me from looking at the zoomed up map. The village is in a forest near sanctuary and kinda close to a world boss.

But anyways, the bots there are crazy. Sometimes i see at least 5 female sins and 1 barb all following each other and killing/picking. Such a shame that they can get away with this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And you're bothered by this? Dude, you should be laughing at the bot... Going through all the effort of setting up a program for practically nothing... There is nothing in this game left worth botting! There is absolutely no way even bots can get dirt rich... Just like any other player who isn't lvl 100 (and have OP gear)... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    More like its unfair that they break the game rules and still get away with it.

Idc about how they make money

I make more money than a bot simply from Nation War b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    More like its unfair that they break the game rules and still get away with it.

Idc about how they make money

I make more money than a bot simply from Nation War b:cute

Yeah but right now PWI's population is shrinking every day without new players joining... They're pretty much desperate to keep the amount of players they still have left now... Even if they are cheaters... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i saw a full 3rd cast wizard +12 jades wit new ring etc in Dreamweaver selling thousands of herbs in his cat shop. See the thing that interested me was why would a third cast wizard spend days and days farming some few coins worth of herbs???is it really worth his time for such a small sum?? i never saw him buying any of those herbs and he was selling all the herbs and not doing a buy and sell like a normal cat shop will do which made me realize that he might be using bot to farm high lvl herbs??. of course i haven't seem it in action for i do not go to the hell and heaven herb farm spot or any other but do u think my doubts justify???
  • bobbyknocker
    edited January 2013
    Options
    thats the one i ment on my post ......and yeah we all know he bots gms know he does but there never going to ban him hence why he can tell people he cheats not just the botting coz he knows pwi will do nothing.
    The thing i hate most is that people think he is great when the only reason he got to where he is was because he cheated/**** to get there
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Naming and shaming isn't allowed. You all know better.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • bobbyknocker
    edited January 2013
    Options
    with 5 toons on the go all different areas all picking up say 20 herb every 5 mins thats 1200 herbs per hour 28800 everyday at 750 coin per herb 21.6m per day
    Yeah botting aint worth it
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i can totally understand how your feeling just wish pwi would look into this matter more and bring him...the one that cannot be named to justice
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    thats the one i ment on my post ......and yeah we all know he bots gms know he does but there never going to ban him hence why he can tell people he cheats not just the botting coz he knows pwi will do nothing.
    The thing i hate most is that people think he is great when the only reason he got to where he is was because he cheated/**** to get there

You are right
    Naming and shaming isn't allowed. You all know better.

why does it matter if naming is not allowed on forums, we all know he uses bot, he is not an awesome wizard. he cheated to where he is now, right 6-1-25. we know u cheat