Sin Vs Seeker soloing ability

_Saikyik_ - Archosaur
_Saikyik_ - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Assassin
So as the title says, I was wondering if a sin can solo as well if not better than a seeker. Nad what I mean by solo is I'm planning on leveling either my seeker or sin higher so I can help my faction and the people in it with open world bosses, fb/bh etc. So my questions are:
1. Can Sin's solo open world bosses lets say 20 levels below the sin's level?
2. Is it possible to kill mobs your level without the need to spam pots?
3. Is bloodpaint effective even without 5aps gear?
Many thanks in advance,
-_Saikyik_b:laugh
Post edited by _Saikyik_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So as the title says, I was wondering if a sin can solo as well if not better than a seeker. Nad what I mean by solo is I'm planning on leveling either my seeker or sin higher so I can help my faction and the people in it with open world bosses, fb/bh etc. So my questions are:
    Many thanks in advance,

Sins are roughly five billion times better at soloing bosses then seekers are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You're not tanking anything worth tanking unless your a 4-5 aps as sin. 3.33 kinda works if you have a +12 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Didn't even understand, what OP ment. :o
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sins can solo many things faster than a seeker. Once a sin can hit 4-5 APS and have a decent HP pool and defenses, they can tank almost everything in the game.

A seeker may have better defenses, but they lack the massive DPS that assassins achieve via high attack rates.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Open world bosses - i think s/he meant culti bosses roaming the world.

To answer your question, a decent seeker can solo nix valley = faster to get to 105. Seeker can help with Full delta. Seeker can tank bosses when the aps go squish.

Sins require OP gear to be able to do things on their terms.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sin = solo one big thing

seeker = solo a lot of little things. A LOT
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sin = solo one big thing

seeker = solo a lot of little things. A LOT
    I play both so yeah I agree with your comment ^_^
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sins can tank masses of mobs as well.

Chill of the deep ftw :D

more importantly however, blood frenzy

If you're tanking pulls of mobs you know you're gonna kill with

Demon spark/sage spark --> inner harmony ---> subsea ---> earthen rift

then blood frenzy = amazing tanking tool. It's also great on bosses such as the vile wood boss in warsong, that can purge your BP and you can pop blood frenzy for that last little bit of hp and not miss out on your badge :D
    Burg is the word
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Chill of the deep ftw :D

more importantly however, blood frenzy

If you're tanking pulls of mobs you know you're gonna kill with

Demon spark/sage spark --> inner harmony ---> subsea ---> earthen rift

then blood frenzy = amazing tanking tool. It's also great on bosses such as the vile wood boss in warsong, that can purge your BP and you can pop blood frenzy for that last little bit of hp and not miss out on your badge :D

Every single class can tank/solo masses of mobs if geared well enough. However Sins are generally seen as the worst at it due to their generally limited aoes compared to the other classes. That's pretty much why Sins have to fight tooth and nail to get into BH Delta squads and most of the time are really taken only because the Seeker/Barb/BM insists on having BP.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Umm.....compared to barbarians/BMs/seekers/psychics/mystics/venos No........no we can't b:surrender
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Meh, sins with zerk daggers can do extreme damage in Delta, my r8r +7 with GoF can top 75k crits on the mobs there (with Chill of the deep and a few debuffs) with my aoes. Sins arent as lacking as people tend to believe, I ran a delta with someone with 2nd cast r9+10 daggers. they were breaking 100k with earthen rift o:
    Burg is the word
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What about lvls60-80? My perception of sins (from squading with them) is that they squish so easily they are not a lot of use.

That's mainly gained from seeing them in bh51-69.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    What about lvls60-80? My perception of sins (from squading with them) is that they squish so easily they are not a lot of use.

That's mainly gained from seeing them in bh51-69.

If they have good shard/refines and up-to-date gear (as well as know what they're doing instead of being stupid and not using skills like rib strike or tidal or their chi gain skills and the like), they can tank those BHs fine.

However the vast majority of sins do not qualify for the above and will, in fact, go squish within a second or two whereas even a poorly played seeker can survive decently thanks to being a heavy armored class and the skill set.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Many thanks in advance,

With my 101 sin I can solo many 100+ and [?] bosses.
    Being seeker, bm, barb, sin, Yes if you have bp on you, you'll kill as many mobs as you can without even using pots.
    Bloodpaint is always effective, less effective when you don't have aps... but still Bloodpaint rocks.

I am a 101 sin, this is my noob seeker im building to solo Water pav and do full delta.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula