Pure Magic Build. Am I doing this right?

Options
jcris25
jcris25 Posts: 29 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
Am I doing the stats right. I read to put 1 in strength and 9 in magic every two levels. I have lost track of where I am. Please tell me how I can even the stats out if I have gone wrong. Thanks guys. Here is the info.

Level 17 about to hit 18.
Vit. 9
Strength 20.
Magic 60
Dex 7.
HP total 420
Magic total 1358
And I have 5 points to spend.

Please help guys, thanks.
Post edited by jcris25 on

Comments

• ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Are some of the stats influenced my gear add on's?
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • jcris25
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Of course weapons and clothing and what not. I did find a fantasy fruit bag that had 5 fantasy fruit that I used around level 9.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The stat points are something like 9 (mag) to 1 (str); at level 100 you'll need 54 str, the rest should be in magic.

And if you're ever at a loss, just check for what str requirements your level weapon has, that's where you should be.

Hope that's what you were looking for.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The better way imo is to have gear goals and build for those gears; otherwise you will waste stat points.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • jcris25
    edited January 2013
    Options
    well if most of my gear is geared towards magic increase than it wont be a loss if I dump all in to my magicb:laugh
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm with tweakz. Knowing the gear and planning your stats levels ahead is essential. Forget about these formulas.
  • jcris25
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So my question is what are the stats supposed to be at for a pur magic wizard at level 18?
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    MrRiddle - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So my question is what are the stats supposed to be at for a pur magic wizard at level 18?

if you were folowing 1str 9magic every 2lvls then
    lvl18 should be
    13str
    82magic
    before gear stats added

odd lvls put in 1str 4magic even lvls put 5magic
    by look of it got way 2 much strength for lvl atm
    The better way imo is to have gear goals and build for those gears; otherwise you will waste stat points.
    although can be waste of points it dosn't limit your ability change your mind about gear if find something mid lvl such as a good 3star piece which might want use
  • jcris25
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thank you for the direct answer. That helps me since I have gotten off track. I also appreciate everyone else's comments. I look forward to posting more on the forums with everyone. Too bad the site is blocked at work or I would be on here all day!
  • jcris25
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you start at level 1 and each stat has 7 than wouldn't it be 14 str and 88 mag? every other level so take the 18 levels gained since lvl 1, half of 18 is 9 x the 1+7 and the 9x9 for mag. see what im saying?
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    you start at lvl1 not 0 so at lvl18 only gained 17lvls get 5points per lvl
    start with 5points in each stat
    17x5=85 number of points
    8into str rest magic
    8+5starting str gives you 13 i said
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    To see if you're on track with strength it is level/2+5 for a pure magic build. So at level 18 you should have 14 str at level 18 w/o any gear addons. If you do plan on going rank 9 you should be following this build until level 100 as 100 requires 55 strength to wear. @Riddle, you're forgetting that if you're doing at even numbers, you should have allocated str 9 times instead of 8, since 18 is also an even number. So you should have allocated str at levels 2, 4,6, 8, 10, 12,14,16, and 18. Which is a total of 9 points being placed into strength. You started out with 5 points thanks to the game. 9+5=14. If you choose to allocate strength at odd levels, then you would not hit 14 str until level 19. Since you would allocate them at 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 which would be 8 times. And as you said 8+5=13.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    well i was doing odd lvls that way gets just enough str wield lvl19 weapon when hits lvl19b:pleased
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    well i was doing odd lvls that way gets just enough str wield lvl19 weapon when hits lvl19b:pleased

Yeah it's just a matter of preference really. Either or is fine. I just like using that formula and putting in points if it gives me a whole number. Just makes it easier for me. Either way is totally fine and has its advantages.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    in either case his got enough strength for about lvl30-31 he also has extra stat point from gear somewhere
This discussion has been closed.