Reputation for lvl 55 guy :P

Itsukushima - Momaganon
Itsukushima - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Does anyone selling reputation bedge for lower price (between 7k-9k) i`m an hard-worker and i cant earn coins soo easily and the price on peddle are too high b:shockedb:surrender.Pls mail me if u do b:surrender
Post edited by Itsukushima - Momaganon on

Comments

• Deg - Lost City
    Deg - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    and im lucky if i get them for 17k each.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am lucky if i get them at 16 k b:cry
  • Itsukushima - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    when i was reaching 1000 rep.Bedes were like 9k-9.5k each .Now is very expensive (at least for me).When can we expected the discount b:cry
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when i was reaching 1000 rep.Bedes were like 9k-9.5k each .Now is very expensive (at least for me).When can we expected the discount b:cry

You can't. thanks to the greed of both the company and the players, you can only expect it to go up, maybe dip down a little at a sale, and then go up more afterwards.

Pay to Play.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have you considered not using Rank gear? A lot of newbies fall into that trap where they get to Level 60 and suddenly think "oh **** I need R4 gear," and so on. The truth is, Rank gear is never required, and these days several other types of gear can match or even exceed something like R8.

It depends on what you hope to do with your character, of course - PVP is more demanding in gear requirements - but even there you have alternative options that do not require farming a bit of rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited January 2013
    Well only one option left.Hard work,doing quests...Hopefuly I`ll reach 5000 rep.I have 3200 now so if i work more i`ll reach 5000. Step by step b:laugh
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well only one option left.Hard work,doing quests...Hopefuly I`ll reach 5000 rep.I have 3200 now so if i work more i`ll reach 5000. Step by step b:laugh

Sounds good, keep at it :P b:cool
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:chuckle I'm almost to 5k rep...
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Yeah... not to rain on your parade OP, but natural reputation gain really drops off after 60. When I got my main to 100+ after doing most of the available quests he still had under 5k rep, after which point the lv60 rep gear wasn't worth it anyway.

The rep system was initially designed to require a lot (and I mean a LOT) of grueling work to get something good like R8. Now most people just buy it, which is sad... but this is why I said don't get rank gear, because there are other things out there that are just as good and you don't have to worry about rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have you considered not using Rank gear? A lot of newbies fall into that trap where they get to Level 60 and suddenly think "oh **** I need R4 gear," and so on. The truth is, Rank gear is never required, and these days several other types of gear can match or even exceed something like R8.

It depends on what you hope to do with your character, of course - PVP is more demanding in gear requirements - but even there you have alternative options that do not require farming a bit of rep.

+1 to this.

If you are going to compete in PvP later on, you could do the alternative of Nirvana S3, which thanks to Nation Wars is now fairly easy to attain. You can start competing in NW at level 60 and slowly earn what you need. If you are determined to go R9 that still doesn't mean you have to start this early. Wait until you are a little higher level and money is easier to make, or try to get into merchanting.

If you don't PvP, the Morai gear is actually quite nice. You have to be level 101 for that but TT gear is perfectly fine in between.

But regardless of what your path is, rank gear at your level is really unnecessary. Better to go with something cheaper for now and save your money for later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep no need for r8 gear .i never got it for my bm and barb I use mixture of s3 nirvana and stage 2.and it's far better to me.though I did get rank8 for my seeker though now I just use the s3 and s2 combos on it now with r8 sword, far more up and str with defense.i would recast the r8 but I think I'm not going to waste token and coin for a over priced fee to recast
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Yeah... not to rain on your parade OP, but natural reputation gain really drops off after 60. When I got my main to 100+ after doing most of the available quests he still had under 5k rep, after which point the lv60 rep gear wasn't worth it anyway.

The rep system was initially designed to require a lot (and I mean a LOT) of grueling work to get something good like R8. Now most people just buy it, which is sad... but this is why I said don't get rank gear, because there are other things out there that are just as good and you don't have to worry about rep.

This is absolutely true because gaining natural rep beyond 8k is basically impossible I think. Even the truth proves that you are not be able to gain a full set of gear (you only get chest armor, leggings and belts depending on class). Making it not worth it in the long run unless you become 100/101+ and buy rep and at least R8 gear. that shows how most, if not all people did to get the gear.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are those of us (me) with over 10k before we hit 90... and there are also those who hit 35k before rep came out. So... please... don't assume the underachievers are the norm.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i wish one-man army quests were worth doing. celefragment and 1, 2, or 3 rep for 20/40/60 kills. in the time it takes me to kill 60 level 80 mobs i could sell the DQ items and buy multiple wraith badges which grant 25 rep each.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are those of us (me) with over 10k before we hit 90... and there are also those who hit 35k before rep came out. So... please... don't assume the underachievers are the norm.

Are you even reading your own posts? Rep was always there unless you mean rank badges in boutique. Again, buying rep from boutique or from other players does not mean getting rep by doing quests / one man armies (who even does one man armies since 2009?). So calling the "underachievers" is baloney. No one passed beyond 10k naturally, not even 7k. To gain that kind of rep they have been buying from catshop, spamming FBs lower than 69 (who does that especially if they are far too higher leveled than the instance?) and maybe crafting 2 star gear and turning in them for rep (lol) then. Don't say such things now since rep came in DQ point system (until it was removed) cheaper / in boutique, which is a lot easier to get to 350k rep.

Again, bothering with rep below 100/101 is very pointless and the gear is pretty much worthless except for clerics, wizards and maybe mystics if they use AS a lot for the robe top.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
    edited January 2013
    OK guys i think we got too far away from the subject. Since i have 3200 rep i can affored to get belt and gloves for lvl 60(which is not bad) .I `ll be able to get an armour at 5000 rep.(i working on).After i reach lvl 61 ( which is lvl that required to use my new sword) i`ll stop lvl up and get focusing on genie and my skills.I`m not planning to reach lvl 100+ so quckly,in a fact, i dont really care.Playing this game for fun not for showing off or to proving myself to the others.I know there`s a lot of pro player who plays this game since it stared and i know i cant match with them .Still i wann thx to all of u bcuz u adviced me what i might do in the future b:pleased Respect b:victory
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    DjRacer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you even reading your own posts? Rep was always there unless you mean rank badges in boutique. Again, buying rep from boutique or from other players does not mean getting rep by doing quests / one man armies (who even does one man armies since 2009?). So calling the "underachievers" is baloney. No one passed beyond 10k naturally, not even 7k. To gain that kind of rep they have been buying from catshop, spamming FBs lower than 69 (who does that especially if they are far too higher leveled than the instance?) and maybe crafting 2 star gear and turning in them for rep (lol) then. Don't say such things now since rep came in DQ point system (until it was removed) cheaper / in boutique, which is a lot easier to get to 350k rep.

Again, bothering with rep below 100/101 is very pointless and the gear is pretty much worthless except for clerics, wizards and maybe mystics if they use AS a lot for the robe top.

Actually there were atleast 2 ppl on HT with over 30k rep and a few over 10k before rep badges were available in the boutique. They achieved this by having a FB helper room set up in the private chat rooms and helped anyone with their FB's. And why can they only spam fb's lower than 69? The higher lvl fb's didn't take all that long with a good squad back then. Just cause you weren't able to or maybe you didn't want to doesn't mean others weren't able to. So your statement of no one passing beyond 10k or even 7k rep naturally is false.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Actually there were atleast 2 ppl on HT with over 30k rep and a few over 10k before rep badges were available in the boutique. They achieved this by having a FB helper room set up in the private chat rooms and helped anyone with their FB's. And why can they only spam fb's lower than 69? The higher lvl fb's didn't take all that long with a good squad back then. Just cause you weren't able to or maybe you didn't want to doesn't mean others weren't able to. So your statement of no one passing beyond 10k or even 7k rep naturally is false.
    I was the first person to use the word natural, and the way I used it was to say that natural reputation gain drops off after 60... which is true, for a given definition of natural. :P

It was certainly possible to gain large amounts of rep by farming FBs/darkness stamps and maybe a few OMAs on the side, assuming you had the time to devote to it. Was it worth doing that back in the day? Maybe, if your goal was to be one of the few to legitimately obtain r8, but that was at least a respectable goal back then. I'm not up on that particular part of HT history... was 30k the record before rep sales came out? Because if that's true, no one would have had r8 or even r6 weapons.

Either way, these days, farming rep legitimately would be pretty useless for the time investment because there are other options which approach or exceed r8 (nirv s2 figures prominently, and even morai counts for pve purposes). I'd assume only r9/r99/r999 are worth farming the rep for, but who would actually do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters: