Vit Barbs rule!

Salari - Raging Tide
Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Barbarian
Well me and a friend decided to see if we could take on emp in 3-3. In the vid we got wiped with a sneak attack aoe b:chuckle. My barb lived to save the day. Tanked the last 400k with nothing but a charm and apo. I did get a few heals from cleric when he got back. b:victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udsQquHC16o
Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
Post edited by Salari - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3 mins for 400k hp.

Silly vit barbs. Go aps and that would have been an 8 second video and the boss would have been deaded without a charm tick.
    b:victory

Good job though.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    3 mins for 400k hp.

Silly vit barbs. Go aps and that would have been an 8 second video and the boss would have been deaded without a charm tick.
    b:victory

Good job though.

b:laugh yeah yeah lol, ty b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:laugh yeah yeah lol, ty b:thanks

Reminds me of a Steelation I did a while ago. I got called to help on my bm and I started running there and the squad is dead except for the barb. The whole time I'm walking there I'm watching the barbs hp go up and down so I ask "Are you killing the boss right now?"

They had squad wiped and then called for help, lol. The entire time I was jogging the barb was charm tanking. I get there with no buffs, and I aps, HF, and knock a huge chunk of hp off the boss before I get aggro and die.

Cleric rezzes, rezzes the second cleric, throws an IH on the barb, rezzes me, then dies. I stand up, aps another 200k off the boss, random aggro+ aoe, I die.

Other cleric rezzes, throws a rez on first cleric, IHs the barb, rezzes me, I stand up, aps another 150-200k off, random + aoe, die.

First cleric stands up, rezzes second cleric, IHs barb, rezzes me,...

We did that for a while. The whole time the barb charm tanked mostly but we got the boss dead. Barb didn't complain but said he killed a plat charm and used 2 silver charms. No gold drops of course.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reminds me of a Steelation I did a while ago. I got called to help on my bm and I started running there and the squad is dead except for the barb. The whole time I'm walking there I'm watching the barbs hp go up and down so I ask "Are you killing the boss right now?"

They had squad wiped and then called for help, lol. The entire time I was jogging the barb was charm tanking. I get there with no buffs, and I aps, HF, and knock a huge chunk of hp off the boss before I get aggro and die.

Cleric rezzes, rezzes the second cleric, throws an IH on the barb, rezzes me, then dies. I stand up, aps another 200k off the boss, random aggro+ aoe, I die.

Other cleric rezzes, throws a rez on first cleric, IHs the barb, rezzes me, I stand up, aps another 150-200k off, random + aoe, die.

First cleric stands up, rezzes second cleric, IHs barb, rezzes me,...

We did that for a while. The whole time the barb charm tanked mostly but we got the boss dead. Barb didn't complain but said he killed a plat charm and used 2 silver charms. No gold drops of course.

Ouch. b:shocked
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I dont even use boutique charms anymore unless its event gold ones. I will burn up my dq points first. How much reg charms cost now days I can save quite a bit of coin with event gold ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    it took me like 2 minutes max to kill emperor, only had a sin g13 to help and buff (alt) and a cleric (wife). i don't really remember the charm ticks, but they were a few only, like 2 or 4. and i was g15 +10 5aps, now that i got g16 it's prob much faster.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No invoke, TOP and samsara wheels ? could save a lot of charm ticking. (the wheels not so sure if they are more cost effective than a charm)

Im only a TT90+3 equiped barb, but using those 3 is how i solo tanked the last boss on 2-3 a few times :)
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry I don't wanna attack you or something but...well I'm a Barb too as you can see and I'm aps Barb ofc...

With my now 22k HP in HUman Form combined with my +11 G16 Fists I can !Charmless! solo the whole 3-3...

xD don't get me wrong...I don't wanna proll or something. IJS that APS Barb are way more efficient in PvE then Vit Barbs.

Ofc soloing 3-3 requires a little bit of skill and knowledge about the bosses but it's very doable^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    NP Joe b:laugh Barb is my alt and building him up as a cata-barb. It was just a oh %$#% moment. I was getting ready to do my last (4th) spark on him when he wiped us. I would have invoked but i felt i would not be able to keep my chi up. (should have been prepared for that) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    APS barb may be more efficient, but will never take the place of a true barb build! b:victory b:shutup
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    APS barb may be more efficient, but will never take the place of a true barb build! b:victory b:shutup
    This.

What the hell is with all the aps barbs invalidating OP here? He wasn't exactly bragging about his DPS, he was talking about his ability to tank 3-3 Emp, partially without heals even. And over half the posts are "lol I coulda done that in 2min." Way to miss the point, guys. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin