APS Barb is the strongest DPS-Class

Joe - Momaganon
Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Barbarian
So^^ finally, I always knew that APS Barbs own like hell and I'm just curious if anyone besides me is trying to get this:

http://pwcalc.com/e37c09b7c16b00a7

(Tho to the fact that PWcalc isn't that much up to date I had to fix the missing stats manually. So don't wonder about extreme stats on some gear Parts^^ all is 100% accurate or at least 99% xD and that build is fully buffed to the max (like I always use to play and triplesparked^^)

It's a Max STR Build and I made a STR stat on the ring engraving which covers up for both rings 2x 11 STR and the 3x12 STR possible via neck engraving. Ofc all other stats are maxed out for this purpose too, but even if some points would be missing in a realistic situation that wouldn't make that build fail you know^^

All you need for that Build is 2x -0,05 int on the re8 rec chest and one time -int on the boots and there you go, the whole other equipment is fully farmable or cashable if you prefer that.

=P I alrdy got this -int stats on my r8 chest and boots =P So I just gotta farm the rest.

Surely some sins can still do more DPS then this build, but if you consider the extreme HP and def compared to a similiar sin (maxed out DPS sin ofc) then I would prefer this build. This build can at least simply out DD any Sin Build with 3rd recast vana-Dags by far.

BMs unfortunatly can't achive a Build like that just because their r9 lacks -int, thats why I can say that I don't really care for their Mastery advantage because that much more STR covers that up quite well.

So what do you guys think about it? Surely I won't achive the build liek it is in the link in a week or two, but I'm going to farm my @ss off to get this til the end of the year. That is my 2013 goal for my barb.

PS: Just in Case some ppl start to rage about the failness of a APS Barb with claws/fists...I can still switch to my r9rere cast Poleaxe and Arma the **** out of my enemys in the right situation...using APS in PvP is indeed not the smartest choice but that depends on the situation as always. Not to mention that I'm still 2.0 sparked with my poleaxe and believe me, that hurts like hell too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
All decently geared and skilled (: .
And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
b:laugh
Post edited by Joe - Momaganon on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks pretty nice. I hadn't thought about combining R8r with R9 third cast but this setup seems to have some convenience (the only R8r armors that can get -int just happen to be the same R9 third cast armors without -int). I think my ideal would still be G16 claw with triple -.05 so you can still wear full R9 third cast armor (full R9 set bonus from that). Both archer and barb can do that since they have same amount of -int on R9 third cast.

This might be a more realistic goal though. The chance of triple -.05 is 1 in 8000. That's pretty hard but you'd still expect a couple of those to pop up on a server eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still don't get why barbs and Archers get -int but BMs don't. Not fair man. Not fair. b:sad
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks pretty nice. I hadn't thought about combining R8r with R9 third cast but this setup seems to have some convenience (the only R8r armors that can get -int just happen to be the same R9 third cast armors without -int). I think my ideal would still be G16 claw with triple -.05 so you can still wear full R9 third cast armor (full R9 set bonus from that). Both archer and barb can do that since they have same amount of -int on R9 third cast.

This might be a more realistic goal though. The chance of triple -.05 is 1 in 8000. That's pretty hard but you'd still expect a couple of those to pop up on a private server eventually.

fixed. :P

J/k anyways, ever since R8 recast came out I always wondered how viable Clawbarb would be and since they are the only pieces I know to have a shot at -int for boots (even a possible x3)...

I have seen a x2 -.05 but never three of those :o
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013

This might be a more realistic goal though. The chance of triple -.05 is 1 in 8000. That's pretty hard but you'd still expect a couple of those to pop up on a server eventually.

Ya very true, but I kinda like the extra dmg from the warsoul Claws/Fists more, especially cuz I just lack 25 def and 30 Attack level and while that is surely pretty much, I guess the 1500 HP bonus through the 2 r8rec parts fills that up quite well, especially as a barb.

The Only thing I could think of that would be amazing is if I could get another -int on the boots, so that I have double -int on each boots and Chest. With that I could change my Cape too and a pair of recasted Matchless Wings is indeed better then the lunarglade robe^^ or I could go the cheap way and just use G16 vana cape and helmet for some lil extra str points. But well it took me over 300 trecasts to get even one time -int on the boots...so I guess I can skip that option xDD

PS: If I need my extra Def levels I just equip my 28 Def level r8rec polehammer =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An heroic psychic could stop ur evil plains! b:chuckle but is a nice build pve wise.
    edited January 2013
    Ya very true, but I kinda like the extra dmg from the warsoul Claws/Fists more, especially cuz I just lack 25 def and 30 Attack level and while that is surely pretty much, I guess the 1500 HP bonus through the 2 r8rec parts fills that up quite well, especially as a barb.

The Only thing I could think of that would be amazing is if I could get another -int on the boots, so that I have double -int on each boots and Chest. With that I could change my Cape too and a pair of recasted Matchless Wings is indeed better then the lunarglade robe^^ or I could go the cheap way and just use G16 vana cape and helmet for some lil extra str points. But well it took me over 300 trecasts to get even one time -int on the boots...so I guess I can skip that option xDD

PS: If I need my extra Def levels I just equip my 28 Def level r8rec polehammer =P

I think G16 NV refines better than warsoul recast though. I think at +12 and even factoring in warsoul's +Max dmg stat G16 was less than 100 damage lower. With 30 extra attack levels from r999 it would be like the claw had 70 attack levels compared to the 65 of the warsoul though. If you factor in the crit on the warsoul though I think it would be around the same DPS.

What worried me about warsoul was that its currently impossible to reroll it but they're going to add warsoul recast reforge next content update or maybe the one after. The cost is 200 token + 1 SoW + 5m. Warsoul also looks pretty which is an important factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    An heroic psychic could stop ur evil plains! b:chuckle but is a nice build pve wise.

No offence xDD but that Psy would still be one-shot even from my Armageddon then =P

Oh and that build is not just meant for PvE only...I thought of it especially for 1on1 PvP situations, while I can get faster chi with the claws and I'm not limited in using arma to kill ppl with that build and thats the clue. Triple Spark + Devour + tangling mire hurts like hell if you hit you're enemy with a r9rerecast poleaxe with 2.0 attack speed trust me^^ and the claws would do fine in that situation as well.

I just hated that I'm bound to use Arma to kill in PvP as a Barb, so I just though it would be cool to have other options to pk effectivily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    I think G16 NV refines better than warsoul recast though. I think at +12 and even factoring in warsoul's +Max dmg stat G16 was less than 100 damage lower. With 30 extra attack levels from r999 it would be like the claw had 70 attack levels compared to the 65 of the warsoul though. If you factor in the crit on the warsoul though I think it would be around the same DPS.

What worried me about warsoul was that its currently impossible to reroll it but they're going to add warsoul recast reforge next content update or maybe the one after. The cost is 200 token + 1 SoW + 5m. Warsoul definitely looks pretty though so gonna have to give it consideration.

It would be amazing if they add it and like you stated in another thread the chienkung cost for rerolling is 0? If that means we could keep refines and Shards for nothing, then I would be very happy trying to achive max stats.

I also am unsure if I use the warsoul fists instead because that freeze effect coudl be really nice on aps fists...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No offence xDD but that Psy would still be one-shot even from my Armageddon then =P

Oh and that build is not just meant for PvE only...I thought of it especially for 1on1 PvP situations, while I can get faster chi with the claws and I'm not limited in using arma to kill ppl with that build and thats the clue. Triple Spark + Devour + tangling mire hurts like hell if you hit you're enemy with a r9rerecast poleaxe with 2.0 attack speed trust me^^ and the claws would do fine in that situation as well.

I just hated that I'm bound to use Arma to kill in PvP as a Barb, so I just though it would be cool to have other options to pk effectivily.

an heroic psy must know when to use psy will and how to exchange between voodooes and the psy will isnt for the phys immune, a psy like that can hit up to 10k on a barb with same armor, being on WV it has 166 def lvl, also remember, there's a nice purify wep on the heroic(but hated for being too op) psy, but ur poit is valid too, now, how long is gonna be the battle againts a nice geared(and skilled) wiz?
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    an heroic psy must know when to use psy will and how to exchange between voodooes and the psy will isnt for the phys immune, a psy like that can hit up to 10k on a barb with same armor, being on WV it has 166 def lvl, also remember, there's a nice purify wep on the heroic(but hated for being too op) psy, but ur poit is valid too, now, how long is gonna be the battle againts a nice geared(and skilled) wiz?

Actually the longest Battle I had against a Wiz with a Barb was on a PServer and lasted for about 2 and a half hours until the Wiz finally made a Mistake xDD and my Arma zerk critted ofc =P one reason why I wanted different ways to pk then just arma, have to see if I can beat wizards faster with Claws and stuff =P That Battle burned nearly 10 Charms, absolutely horrible if you think about doing this on the official Servers xDDD

BTW: My longest Battle as a Psy against a Barb was around 45 minutes and I lost finally because as a Psy you have to focus so hard in not doing any mistake especially if the Barb can play. As a Babr my longest Battle against a Psy was just around 10 Minutes, but I have to admitt that I havn't fought so many Psys on the barb back then =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    I also am unsure if I use the warsoul fists instead because that freeze effect coudl be really nice on aps fists...

Well they have same base average damage before stats. The fists have 3 damage stats + freeze + HP. The claws have 4 damage stats + Nimble. Ignoring the HP and the Nimble you are trading a single damage stat for a freeze, probably losing around 3% damage for that. Freeze isn't used in PVE but for PVP its good. It wont be as good as it used to be though with the growing number of Purify Spell users. The fists also have a lower dex requirement though so you could restat that for more str.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Well they have same base average damage before stats. The fists have 3 damage stats + freeze + HP. The claws have 4 damage stats + Nimble. Ignoring the HP and the Nimble you are trading a single damage stat for a freeze, probably losing around 3% damage for that. Freeze isn't used in PVE but for PVP its good. It wont be as good as it used to be though with the growing number of Purify Spell users. The fists also have a lower dex requirement though so you could restat that for more str.

Yeah thats why I started to think about using the Claws...against anyone without purify spell it could be really nice to have a nearly permanent freeze effect on them since happily freeze does stack or at least overwrites itself anytime unlike stun. So if I'm lucky I could freeze-lock ppl with that weapon...but well the extra 3% crit and 350 HP and 70 Phys Attack against the 3 times max phy attack +130 on the claws compared to the fists are nice too but well I'm very unsure about what to choose. I loose over 3k phys attack on the maximum stat if sparked with the fists...and ofc the accu increase effect isn't that bad either especially when facing sins and archer... heck idk xD and the fists look way better then the claws =P

But nevertheless, I like clean stats...those 12 str more I could use with fists would cost me 1% crit and I like a clean 200 dex number xDDD

PS: The G16 nirv refines a bit higher and has higher base stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah thats why I started to think about using the Claws...against anyone without purify spell it could be really nice to have a nearly permanent freeze effect on them since happily freeze does stack or at least overwrites itself anytime unlike stun. So if I'm lucky I could freeze-lock ppl with that weapon...but well the extra 3% crit and 350 HP and 70 Phys Attack against the 3 times max phy attack +130 on the claws compared to the fists are nice too but well I'm very unsure about what to choose. I loose over 3k phys attack on the maximum stat if sparked with the fists...and ofc the accu increase effect isn't that bad either especially when facing sins and archer... heck idk xD and the fists look way better then the claws =P

But nevertheless, I like clean stats...those 12 str more I could use with fists would cost me 1% crit and I like a clean 200 dex number xDDD

PS: The G16 nirv refines a bit higher and has higher base stats.

Freeze doesn't overwrite iirc? Unless it's unique to this proc?
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Freeze doesn't overwrite iirc? Unless it's unique to this proc?

As far as I know it does overwrite. I useally get freezed by a sin and then after 5 seconds a archer or seeker freezes me and I will be freezed for at least 13 seconds. But I gonna test this out to be sure today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. IMHO, a barb that can't use skills and has a useless amount of HP is just a complete waste. Go roll a Bm and be a proper APS class. (Plus you get to use skills.)

2. APS on non-APS classes is mostly for noobs to just auto-attack because they aren't intelligent enough to actually learn how to play their class, or any class. It's popular because all it requires is spending money on gear and uses no skill whatsoever.

3. Can a moderator move this **** over to the barb forum where it belongs?
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im agreeing withKassos here. Ive already seen 5 aps warsoul claws on a BM in Dreamweaver. Can use skills, got fist mastery, and a ridiculous amount of HP. Would still kill itself on a proper R9rr barb with bramble cause of the large gap in def and HP
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    1. IMHO, a barb that can't use skills and has a useless amount of HP is just a complete waste. Go roll a Bm and be a proper APS class. (Plus you get to use skills.)

2. APS on non-APS classes is mostly for noobs to just auto-attack because they aren't intelligent enough to actually learn how to play their class, or any class. It's popular because all it requires is spending money on gear and uses no skill whatsoever.

3. Can a moderator move this **** over to the barb forum where it belongs?

First off, read the thread before starting to throw your bull in...

Then you would have noticed that I made this build to enhance the normal Barb strategy.
    Why the heck do I need skills with an APS weapon? What stops me from switching to my proper poleaxe to use my barb skills and then switch back to fists at the right moment?

Actually if you would have spend at least the half amount of time I spend on this game to build strategies for nearly all classes against all other classes then you would know that this build is a real enhancement to the normal Barbs because the only disadvantage I got compared to non aps Barbs are the lower HP. But I can build up chi faster and create way more Combos then just debuff + arma or debuff + auto-attack.

Do I need to mention that this Build owns Big Time in PvE?

But I know your problem. I know some other aps barbs that dont even have a decent axe weapon and just use their fists all the time. Those are fail yes. Don't judge ones because of the failness of few others.

If played well any class can own big-time. The point of that build is that I don't even need to use the claws/fists in pk, but I have the option to do so if I think that would help me win the battle, that's it.

And that wasn't meant to ba a Barb only thread, it was meant to be a discussion if that build is the best DPS Class or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am dishing out r8 recast boots for r9 stage 3 and warsoul claws for nirvana stage 3.
    I dont wanna use unnecesary luxuary claws just for barb
    Helm i dont have excess to so no option for me.
    R9 stage 3 chest will replace r8 chest in nw so i only need to replace one piece, not too bad
    Thats my long term goal for now XD
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    I am dishing out r8 recast boots for r9 stage 3 and warsoul claws for nirvana stage 3.
    I dont wanna use unnecesary luxuary claws just for barb
    Helm i dont have excess to so no option for me.
    Thats my long term goal for now XD

Ya you can vary the helmet, it doesn't really matter if you just use the g16 nirv helm, I just wanted to create the umm ultimate, maximum geared build. I guess I wouldn't use that helmet myself xD due to it's extreme price.

yeah I have to admit that I thought about that too^^ getting the boots and another 25 def levels while I just need one time -int on the g16 fists. But then I have to say that warsoul weapons are still something special and they are actually not that expensive, at least not here on Momaganon. Average supply token rice is 50k here instead of ~300k on sanct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm doing a similar build for my sin involving r8r. It will get me to the same attack rate while gaining a lot of health and defenses. But it will take a while due to getting -int on the chest/boots.

2.0 with Hegemony will hurt. And why are people ratting on him for sharing his build that he's doing? He obviously enjoys it, so why be a party pooper?

Also, moved to barb subforums.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I'm doing a similar build for my sin involving r8r. It will get me to the same attack rate while gaining a lot of health and defenses. But it will take a while due to getting -int on the chest/boots.

2.0 with Hegemony will hurt. And why are people ratting on him for sharing his build that he's doing? He obviously enjoys it, so why be a party pooper?

Also, moved to barb subforums.

Ty skai (:

but doing that on a sin is, well even more troublesome then on a Barb xD To get the bonus and keep the -int you would need to have x2 -int on both chest and boots to be 5.0 with r9 dags. Or you just try x2 -int on the boots but I know the chances and they are even lower then getting a SoT from Packs xDD Good luck with that (: but I thought about that build a million times too. 5.0 with r9 rerecast dags would be so extremely OP dmg-wise, at least in PvE.

And yes I really like that Build especially because I havn't seen any barb on any server with that build yet and we all wanna be unique somehow, don't we? (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Ya you can vary the helmet, it doesn't really matter if you just use the g16 nirv helm, I just wanted to create the umm ultimate, maximum geared build. I guess I wouldn't use that helmet myself xD due to it's extreme price.

yeah I have to admit that I thought about that too^^ getting the boots and another 25 def levels while I just need one time -int on the g16 fists. But then I have to say that warsoul weapons are still something special and they are actually not that expensive, at least not here on Momaganon. Average supply token rice is 50k here instead of ~300k on sanct.

Token price on momaganon are cheap, not sure if thats a good thing tho b:chuckle
    Sanct going slowly to 200k atm btw.
    I have chosen to go r9 on barb, so my seekers will get the warsoul swords.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Token price on momaganon are cheap, not sure if thats a good thing tho b:chuckle
    Sanct going slowly to 200k atm btw.
    I have chosen to go r9 on barb, so my seekers will get the warsoul swords.

Ofc thats not a good thing xDD otherwise I could make very much money with my 4k+ tokens xDDD but hey low token price means easy avaibility of the ring/tome/neck/warsoul recasts and so on. So why not^^

and yes I agree, the warsoul dual swords are redicolously strong with the proc and especially the +2 range on them (: if you get them max stat I would go as far to say that they are even better then seeker r9 rere cast^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nesh - Momaganon
    Nesh - Momaganon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just wanted to create the umm ultimate, maximum geared build. I guess I wouldn't use that helmet myself xD due to it's extreme price.

Well then if you don't mind impractical builds out there then surely this sin would out-dps the barb build you presented no?

http://pwcalc.com/187c6ec6838c3fcf
    youtube.com/neshpw
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Well then if you don't mind impractical builds out there then surely this sin would out-dps the barb build you presented no?

http://pwcalc.com/187c6ec6838c3fcf

Oh I agree with you ofc. But only that this build will work better regarding the DMG part. If you count in the survivability of both builds, even if you +12 all gear from that sin as well, the Barb will still have an extreme advantage. If you would let both builds fight against each other then the sin would be chanceless.

Only thing I said is that the barb build is the best DPS-Class that doesn't only count the dmg-part in.

Nevertheless a sin like that would still be freaking amazing^^

PS: My barb build is not so impractical build because I alrdy got the x2 -int on my chest and the -int on my r8rec boots =P so you see I just need to farm the other gears and I will be just like in that build =P just a matter of time^^

PSS: Well I got bored and maxed your sin build^^ pretty neat I guess...that would be by far the highest possible dps ofc. That could faceroll everythin in PvE and will still make quite a good stand in PvP cuz with 22k HP and phy def combined with a 34k phys attack + 57% zerking machine...that thing will hit like a diesel train xDD http://pwcalc.com/8ccb41d8faa236ab
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    it's prob the best aps gear for barbs u can get on pwi, the prob is the 2 intervals chance on plate, and the "not so affordable" pieces (unless you got some tons of money to spend)
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see the release of chinese R9 3rd stage, can be 5.0 with full r9 3rd with a 2x -int claws/fists b:dirty
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    it's prob the best aps gear for barbs u can get on pwi, the prob is the 2 intervals chance on plate, and the "not so affordable" pieces (unless you got some tons of money to spend)

xD Like I stated 3 times before^^ I alrdy got the double -int on the chest =P so I just need to farm the other gears and it's really not that hard...guess I will accomplish that at least until the end of 2013. =P

@Haila: Yeah thats true, could be Amazing (: but tbh, I don't like the set bonusses that much from the chinese r9 rerecast just because they lack the 100 STR bonus which is horrid imo and you get 5 attack and Def levels less then in our version.

I really like to stick to my build (ok maybe because I alrdy got the -int parts =P otherwise that would be a pain xD) because it provides much HP (even with just full +10 which is easely doable you got enough HP and def) and high DPS DMG with fists/claws and with the axe ofc. And compared to full vit barbs I just have like 8k less HP compared to full vit r9 rec barbs...but on the other hand will be able to solo everything without even using a charm (I alrdy can solo 3-3 without charm) like Harpy and stuff =P

Ofc more def levels are always good in TW and when carrying the flag in NW^^ but hey it works well so far =P

HINT: A must-have for any good Barb and very affordable atm is the r8rec pole-hammer, just recast it til you get 25+ Def levels extra on your weap. As an extra I sharded Cit gems on it as well, because I simply use this weapon for tanking puposses which makes dmg irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CraisCray - Momaganon
    CraisCray - Momaganon Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey joe,remember me? ^^,anyway what u guys consider.to be a good build for a barb that wont get ever r9,does tt99bracers+boots,neck+belt and some g16 claws,int cape and maybe r8r chest with int works?saw OP barbs like.joe with 5 aps.but still 25k hp+b:surrender
  • purewis
    purewis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if u pay same money for making sin u will have x2 stronger sin !

i played with aps barb for 1 year ! belive me it suckxxxxxxxxxxx