BB dropping on its own?

Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Cleric
Hey all, I tried searching for something related to this but couldn't really find anything relevant. (maybe I'm blind/typing it in badly. sorry qq)
But I've noticed something that just recently started happening with my cleric's BB. I'll be able to put it up just fine, and hold it there noooo problems whatsoever throughout basically an entire boss. But, now once a boss/mobs are just about dead, it'll drop itself for no reason, and my squadmates are still getting attacked. I don't cancel it, and I have plenty of mp to spare. Was that part of an update that I was just blinded by and missed? Like it's not just a once in a while thing, it's every time I put it up now. (same thing with my seeker's vortex actually).
Has something about zhen skills changed or am I just going crazy and having some sort of unknown problem? D:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Rhyki - Sanctuary
    Rhyki - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's odd. I still can hold BB even after a boss dies and have to manually cancel it. Is BB's effects still on the squad though when it drops? Sometimes I see other clerics/seekers drop BB/vortex for a while and then it suddenly pops back up after a few seconds. It never actually gets cancelled... only the animation o.o
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sometimes I see other clerics/seekers drop BB/vortex for a while and then it suddenly pops back up after a few seconds. It never actually gets cancelled... only the animation o.o

This is a technique used to prevent to much input on graphics memory from what I've heard. Rather than keep the graphics off the bubble and its aura they just show that its up every couple of seconds and then remove the bb graphics for a few seconds so that there is less going on.

To the OP: sometimes severe lag can drop my bb for no reason, but I haven't had any problems keeping bb up lately. Either its boss aoe dropping it or something on your end but nothing knew in a patch of glitches that I'm aware of.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aiwana - Harshlands
    Aiwana - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does it say "Interrupted"? Cause this might just be a case of a boss with an interrupt (most likely aoe), since you said vortex drops also. Does it happen at a specific boss or any boss?
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A silly question - do you have enough mp refill to keep the bb on (mp charm or high mp pots)?

Also, which boss do it happen at? Some bosses aoe can stop bb. Also some mobs are able to stop bb.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for replies everyone, It's a little weird and disheartening that only I'm having this problem.
    It's been happening everywhere, like pulls in FC, all TT bosses in 2-x and 3-x, Aba and Sot, all over. Literally every time I put up BB in a squad. :/
    And it really does flat out drop, and the effects of it go away instantly, no interruptions. And it only drops like this when whatever we're killing is almost dead. I know the usual bosses that can interrupt it like Aba and Sot, but there's nothing interrupting me for this problem.
    I'm too nervous to join other bhs such as Delta, lunar, and warsong because of this. I never used to have this problem, it just started happening within the past month. :<

Oh, and yes I do have plenty of mp for it. I even make sure to eat extra herbs so that I'm nearing full before the boss/mobs are nearly dead just in case that's what was causing it, but alas it still goes down. :C

Edit: Just to add, when just testing it out not in squad and just myself in open world not around any mobs or anything, I can hold it up forever until I have to manually cancel it. I'm so confused qq
    (And my seeker is only 96 at this point, and has only been vortexing at FC pulls, in which the same thing has been happening. And I don't have an archer to test boa with, but I do have a little wiz I'll test it out with DB after I finish verifying my files)

Edit 2: Same thing with my wiz's DB, only it doesn't drop itself until the mob is actually dead. But zhen skills shouldn't drop unless you run out of mp or manually cancel it right? I don't understand why it's dropping on it's own when it shouldn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You probably just get interrupt (stun/sleep or w/e boss/mobs interrupt sometime).
    Beside stop to go in instance just learn to react when BB drop, IH the tank, wellspring ect... 'til you get back chi for BB again, but anyway if you are full chi than BB you can just use the genie cloud eruption so if you drop you can BB right back (unless in cd).

Same thing for DB it can be interrupt too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey all, I tried searching for something related to this but couldn't really find anything relevant. (maybe I'm blind/typing it in badly. sorry qq)
    But I've noticed something that just recently started happening with my cleric's BB. I'll be able to put it up just fine, and hold it there noooo problems whatsoever throughout basically an entire boss. But, now once a boss/mobs are just about dead, it'll drop itself for no reason, and my squadmates are still getting attacked. I don't cancel it, and I have plenty of mp to spare. Was that part of an update that I was just blinded by and missed? Like it's not just a once in a while thing, it's every time I put it up now. (same thing with my seeker's vortex actually).
    Has something about zhen skills changed or am I just going crazy and having some sort of unknown problem? D:

what is your ping when this happens? i know really high ping can cause this sometimes.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I used to have this issue along time ago, but then some patch along the way hit, and I never saw it happen again....I dont know...maybe it was fixed in a patch for some, but not all?
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is a technique used to prevent to much input on graphics memory from what I've heard. Rather than keep the graphics off the bubble and its aura they just show that its up every couple of seconds and then remove the bb graphics for a few seconds so that there is less going on.

The graphic of Regeneration Aura is extremely simple as it's not even 3d or heavily layered.

There are certain bosses like Snakefist, and the newer BH bosses that will have a frontal or close range attack that will knock down Regeneration Aura. It is avoidable with cooperation, and a bit of knowledge.

Regeneration Aura tends to be overused. An example: The first time my wiz tanked BH SoT; it got IH heals which seemed far safer and would allow a good cleric to purify a bleed, sage vanguard spirit / magic shell, or demon spirit's gift. The boss doesn't hit hard, and the bleed disregards the damage reduction of Regeneration Aura anyway. Using sage magic shell or demon spirits would boost the dd of the wiz (which is helps one issue of having a wiz tank because they suck as dd or holding 1-1 aggro).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Saw that a few times. Anyone ever had a problem getting BB to stop lol b:chuckle. I was on my cleric on a TT run once and at last boss my BB would not drop. Took a few mins of hitting the esc key to no avail, so i just got someone to give me timer to force me out of instance and BB.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    The graphic of Regeneration Aura is extremely simple as it's not even 3d or heavily layered.

There are certain bosses like Snakefist, and the newer BH bosses that will have a frontal or close range attack that will knock down Regeneration Aura. It is avoidable with cooperation, and a bit of knowledge.

Regeneration Aura tends to be overused. An example: The first time my wiz tanked BH SoT; it got IH heals which seemed far safer and would allow a good cleric to purify a bleed, sage vanguard spirit / magic shell, or demon spirit's gift. The boss doesn't hit hard, and the bleed disregards the damage reduction of Regeneration Aura anyway. Using sage magic shell or demon spirits would boost the dd of the wiz (which is helps one issue of having a wiz tank because they suck as dd or holding 1-1 aggro).

I could be wrong but bubble has multiple layers, 3d swirls, a 3d aura, and the bubble itself.

I was in a Seat on my archer, we had a barb, and the cleric tried healing using IH and purify. That works fine, as long as there are no squishy melees, and all LA and AA stay ranged. The boss has two physical aoes, one is long ranged (~20 meters) and weak, the other is probably only 8m and hits hard. The barb brought the boss in too close to the cleric, the cleric didn't move and didn't put up a bb. The result was our sin, wizard, and cleric all getting 1 shot by the bosses harder short ranged aoe. Our cleric even had 8k hp. The bm and barb were fine, and when I saw no bb I moved myself to max range so I was out of the aoe.

Anyways, the squad ripped the cleric a new one. The cleric said they usually heal with just IH and purify there no problem, and that might be true, but they need to position themselves farther away. They also need to make sure no other non-HA with under 9k hp are close to the boss, including most sins. If you do purify/IH you'll also need to chromatic, which due the to long chromatic channeling can leave bleed on longer than it should be, doing more damage than if the cleric had just bubbled. That's too much coordination for most squads so I'd suggest BB as the best option unless you are with 5 ranged dd.
    Saw that a few times. Anyone ever had a problem getting BB to stop lol b:chuckle. I was on my cleric on a TT run once and at last boss my BB would not drop. Took a few mins of hitting the esc key to no avail, so i just got someone to give me timer to force me out of instance and BB.

Click the crystal on the channeling/mp bar to stop bb. I can never remember if you need a mob targetted, yourself targeted, or no target for "esc" to work so hitting the crystal is the easiest way to stop bb.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory