The "Server Symposium" thread - Why no European?

Giah - Momaganon
Giah - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Hii, so sorry if someone aldready asked about this, I couldn't find anything...
What I am wondering is why there is an individually "underthread" (or what's it called?), for all, but Momaganon and Lothranis? =^.^=
Post edited by Giah - Momaganon on

Comments

• taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    +1
    maybe after merge we should deserve a little section here, since the new server will be EN
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Because they have their own forums.

On top of that, the US and European servers are under different management, rules, and so on. So things that affect our east and west coast servers won't always affect them and vice versa. Heck, they even have their own CM/GMs and the like compared to here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

On top of that, the US and European servers are under different management, rules, and so on. So things that affect our east and west coast servers won't always affect them and vice versa. Heck, they even have their own CM/GMs and the like compared to here.

They do have their own forums but majority of players uses this one.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget the other part of my post. :P

Even their bidding hall is different from what the US servers get, they had INI editing allowed long before the US servers did, and so on and so forth.
  • Giah - Momaganon
    Giah - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, I see, I didn't even knew all that, sorry xD..
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your servers also are based on different languages, and I doubt any of them GMs/mods handling our forums speaks German/French. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Quasee - Dreamweaver
    Quasee - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol thats the point, like half of players on eu servers dont speak german/french so we use this forum cuz its english
  • opkossy
    edited January 2013
    French server at least has an English section in their forums.

Can't say the same for german, though.
  • Dysconnect - Lothranis
    Dysconnect - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    French server at least has an English section in their forums.

Can't say the same for german, though.

German forums used to have an English section just like the French forums, but it didn't get used by the players at all. So they decided to remove it again. You can still just post in English anways, if you have a question or a comment, the players and the CM are flexible on that.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2013

After the merger, will the Euro server still have its own forum, or will it be given a subsection here? It seems kind of silly for them to be sectioned off away from the rest of us. Surely the Euro GMs could preside over the subsection (if they don't want to bother with the rest of the forum, anyway).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]