R9s3 Assassin

Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Assassin
I hate to create this thread if there already is a thread about the same thing, but I always have trouble looking through the forums for what I want. So here is my main question, I am currently gettin close to having all the mats to make r9s1 armor for my assassin. Is this truly the right path to go in terms of pk? Is endgame full r9s3 or r8r2 5.0 with r9s3 daggers the most effective in pvp?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Comerciante - Raging Tide
    Comerciante - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Full R9rr is an only option for now. Aps is outdated with purify on caster weapons. And I can say that its harder to get 2x interval top + 1x interval boots than R9rr set.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You could do what I'm doing and have full r9r2 for pvp while working on a r8r aps set so I could have a pvp-oriented APS gear setup that isn't outdated.

It's better to go R9r2 mainly because the gear has guaranteed stats, while it would take a while to get the -int necessary for r8r.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually prefer the full R999 cause of set bonus, the attack levels and dex addons, to boost your DPH. The 100 dex set bonus alone increases your dph by 10%, not to forget gives 5 crit %. But that isnt all the dex advantage over aps build as the addons are pretty great. Even w/o DoTs, with CoD on pushing to 156 attack levels, yeah, that`s gonna tear even JoSD defenses pretty hard. I`d still give the advantage to caster but full R999 offers a lot to that fight.

The problem youre gonna have is with R999 casters or HAs. I really dont think sin should even touch HAs if there is other targets out there and Id neglect the need for aps to kill em. And really, unless the HA is seriously refined R9+ it doesnt matter which set you have, gonna drop all the same. And truly, if you have to kill HAs, you can just use your old PvE setup for 5aps.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been wondering about the same stuff, well, pretty much in 1vs1s and pvp, any assassins with a high amount of interval using any r9 dagger cast and great refined ornaments will take out any other class plain and simple, would just be harder against casters w/ purify spell. In NW, this is still viable as to most groups usually don't stick together so there ends up being atleast 3 groups of the 20 people and you can always use stealth/pots/to survive their 1st big hits. In TW however, I don't see it being anywhere as effective so the full r9r2 wins here. There are also pretty good hybrid builds too that are capped around 2.5/2.86 aps windshield.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Also, getting -.10 on chest doesn't seem too bad, i'm looking at around 3% to get it, basically anything other than a token of best luck from packs. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though. Boots would be the annoying part, but I've made several rare g.15 daggers in the past, also had pretty good luck in making books/opening packs, so I don't feel like it'll be too bad considering each r9r2 armor are 500m+ alone. Then again I'm thinking more about this build, http://pwcalc.com/cba55b1b6ba850f5, only thing i forgot to change for was the r9r2 daggers from being too lazy. This build would focus on using sage spark for the 25% dmg reduction, it'll be pretty op. b:shocked
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    @Rice It's a 2.48% chance (iirc) for just 1 -0.05 int stat. Getting two of them as the 2 out of 3 stats the chest can get is a much lower % chance.

Boots are even harder. Which imo it's better to get something guaranteed first than to work on something that's not guaranteed.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also, getting -.10 on chest doesn't seem too bad, i'm looking at around 3% to get it, basically anything other than a token of best luck from packs. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though. Boots would be the annoying part, but I've made several rare g.15 daggers in the past, also had pretty good luck in making books/opening packs, so I don't feel like it'll be too bad considering each r9r2 armor are 500m+ alone. Then again I'm thinking more about this build, http://pwcalc.com/cba55b1b6ba850f5, only thing i forgot to change for was the r9r2 daggers from being too lazy. This build would focus on using sage spark for the 25% dmg reduction, it'll be pretty op. b:shocked
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    @Rice It's a 2.48% chance (iirc) for just 1 -0.05 int stat. Getting two of them as the 2 out of 3 stats the chest can get is a much lower % chance.

Boots are even harder. Which imo it's better to get something guaranteed first than to work on something that's not guaranteed.

Going from this, the probabilities would be:

Exactly 1x 0.05 =
    0.0172 * (1-0.0172)^2 * 3 = 0.0172 * 0.9828^2 * 3 = 0.049840225344 = 4.98% (~1:21)

Exactly 2x -0.05 =
    0.0172^2 * (1-0.0172) * 3 = 0.0172^2 * 0.9828 * 3 = 0.000872254656 = 0.09% (~1:1,147)

Exactly 3x -0.05 =
    0.0172^3 = 0.000005088448 = 0.0005% (~1:200,000)

Now, since 3x -0.05 is also a form of 2x -0.05, you end up with a 0.0877% (~1:1,140) chance to get at least 2x -0.05 interval.

For comparison, the odds of rolling -interval on G16 Daggers daggers are:
    1x -0.05: 0.135375 = 13.54% (~1:8)
    2x -0.05: 0.007125 = 0.71% (~1:141)
    3x -0.05: 0.000125 = 0.0125% (~1:8,000)
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    LOL Olbaze, your math dedication to the forums has always been impressive. Thanks for the correct info for everyone to see. Well, I can still see -.05 x1 on chest & boot at least, it's already been done by a few people. Having -.05 interval x2 would be nice though.
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    LOL Olbaze, your math dedication to the forums has always been impressive. Thanks for the correct info for everyone to see. Well, I can still see -.05 x1 on chest & boot at least, it's already been done by a few people. Having -.05 interval x2 would be nice though.

It's possible to get -int on the chest at a reasonable fashion, but getting just one -int on the boots is almost as hard as getting 2x -int on the chest.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for all your responses everyone! :) Skai you did make a good point about going for ensured stats before chance, which had been rolling around in my head, but I still wasn't sure. Hearing it from another person really helped make me decide to go for r9s3 first! :D And thanks to all the others including Olblaze for being the pwi math guru lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For pvp, Full R9rr is the way to go to all classes.

Sins get over 50% chance to crit, you'll find your self zerk+critting like 15% of the time.
    A lot of attack lvls
    A lot of HP
    Bigass defese
    Near invicibility with a charm and focused mind
    "RUN TO THE HILLS!" earthen rift.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bigass defese
    Near invicibility with a charm and focused mind
    "RUN TO THE HILLS!" earthen rift.

Not really true.

Sins are still an extremely squishy class even with +12 R9RRR JoSD. With the amount of arcane classes getting R9RR sets, to be an effective sin you either need to have an IG on every time you are out of stealth or have the best gear possible, which still makes you a 3-4 shot to a +12 R9RRR wizard with undine + spark combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is no best gear in game , it will be hard for r9s3 to take a full r9s3 josd seeker while its hard for aps r8r to take a caster with the new purify effect on weapon what will be good is having r9s3 gear along with normal aps gear since ur goal in becoming 5 aps with r9s3 daggz will cost u too much ( tryed over 700 rerole on boots without int on privit server ) off topic : ur archer look good with the last makeover ;P
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Has anyone noticed that the best gear has always been the "faceroll" type?

Before Rank 9, interval was preferred... press a button and your enemy dies within seconds. That philosophy carried on to the Rank 9 age.

Now that we have our shiny "private-server-style" recasts, the new gear is preferred.... it's the new "faceroll".

That's right. Instead of pressing the autoattack button, now you just hit knifethrow.
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013

She is on the right track about getting something to wear while you work on better gear. What I would like to say is it would depend a lot on wether you were Demon or Sage. Everyone thinks Demon is the way to go because of spark for int, yes and no, at first Demon is helpful but at some point a Sage build becomes much better, it all boils down to damage per second AND your ability to survive a massive attack.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    Not really true.

Sins are still an extremely squishy class even with +12 R9RRR JoSD. With the amount of arcane classes getting R9RR sets, to be an effective sin you either need to have an IG on every time you are out of stealth or have the best gear possible, which still makes you a 3-4 shot to a +12 R9RRR wizard with undine + spark combo.

That's where genies come into play. The only problem is the purify proc that arcanes get now.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's where genies come into play. The only problem is the purify proc that arcanes get now.

True. I guess most sins are stupid though as 95% of them when they see me start channeling MS decide to Faith/Belief of AD. I then cancel that cast and proceed to 1 shot them with undine + spark combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)