Posted archives of my old Merchanting Guides

Options
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Heyas!

So, I was telling somebody about how I used to play this great free-to-play MMORPG called Perfect World, and how I'd written guides detailing how I'd been able to afford gear worth $5,000 for free, and I told him he could Google my name for them, and then he did, and then I found out the guides had been deleted...b:sad

*sigh*

Okay, so I guess the owner of PW Insider blog decided to rage-quit and take his ball home with him, except it wasn't his ball, it was my ball, one that I had given out for free. b:angry

So I've re-posted them here: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com

I admit, they're very out-of-date, but hey, I'm sure the principles remain the same even if the prices listed are somewhat laughable compared to today's prices!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thank you <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OMG The Warren itself.

I am literally weeping in AWE at your wondrous magnificence . b:thanks

Dude you are the Merch master :P.

Those guides helped a lot of us to take firm grasp in the gigantic rump of the economy of perfect world :p

Thanks a lot for that b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thank for posting, I know a lot of people will appreciate it. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:lipcurl I must admit I've got mixed feelings on this.

But it is nice to see you dropping by, Warren. I had been led to believe it was you who didn't want the guide in circulation.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Huh abit late but yay lol. I still use that calc you made i should check if there is a newer version you made.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Dear, Warren.

You are awesome and I thank you.

Sincerely, some random person.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Dear, Warren.

You are awesome and I thank you.

Sincerely, some random person.

Sounds Totally Legit :P b:chuckle
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yay this is great Warren - was starting to read them a bit before they got deleted - learned some stuff my self - sometimes the hard way, but hey more knowledge never hurts :)

this thread or at least Warrens post should be sticky imo
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    coulda sworn you were making us wait for part 7 wolfy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    coulda sworn you were making us wait for part 7 wolfy...

I was actually waiting for part 7 b:surrender.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Somehow, I had the feeling that you weren't totally okay with their sudden removal. :P Anyway I'm gonna sticky this in the beginner's guides once people have had a chance to see it.b:thanks

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yay! Thanks Warren!!b:thanks
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    :o merchant-sensei is still around here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "Merchanting is economic PvP, and there's no opt-out button."

Wow, well put!

- Val
  • EatMyMAGina - Harshlands
    EatMyMAGina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    wow, thanks a lot warren b:thanks

edit: should this be a sticky? :D
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oh, this is the best ever merchant! Thanks for your guide!

I need to re-read it surely, 1 bil/5 month was too bad result.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    'Now waits forPWI to counter his ideas & totally **** us over'
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Part 7 never got done because, unlike the first 6 parts, I couldn't just say, "I know this works."

I was making notes about what was working, what wasn't, etc... And that would have been the source material for Part 7. But I didn't feel confident enough to write a guide that I felt other's could/should trust.

Now, if I do ever re-install and start playing again, I'll let you know, and then I'll try to finish the guide. I haven't played in almost a year, though. I just decided one day, "Hmmm... I'd rather focus on writing..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Fair enough. You did also have a way with the stories you told here.

Either way, thanks again for bringing those back for everyone to see. And if you do choose to do part 7, thanks in advance for that too. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And now this thread has finally been stickied. \o/

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks for this! These guides are a godsend. b:thanks
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Awesome guide warrenwolfy :).

There is a sad side effect to it though. Remember how you mentioned that just post 2~10k above the last person to buy the gold. People really took that literally b:chuckle. One order at 1 410 000 - 3 gold, next one at 1 418 000 - 4 gold, this goes on until the price reaches 1 470 000 b:laugh. I did calculate it out, it doesn't make a great big difference in profits even if the gold price is 150k above current over most things i invest in. Rather than getting 10~40% i get 4%~8% lower profits due to gold prices. It's just a patience game.

I am all for the above deal, but i found when placing large orders of 100~180 gold, i find the price point where orders are 100 above the last one, find the last biggest order, and place it 100 above. Cash shopper will come in and sell about 300~800 gold in a week.

Game mechanics have changed, the lulls in gold used to apply, not so much anymore, or i stopped paying attention. I just wish people used a bit of knowledge after reading your awesome guide, rather than follow it blindly.

On a personal note, your guide did help me understand how to reach the big leagues. Pixel joy It was 1.2b in the end, but I had to buy the next batch later. Could have reached that point sooner, but we used the money every few months, spent about 2~3b gearing up 3~4 toons with a friend.

Edit: Gold price went up to 1.47m on sanc, i bought my gold at 1.405m. Also I see that at each banker there is a catshop selling mats for bank quest. They had died out previously, but seem to have resurfaced :D.
  • zifirepaw
    zifirepaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Wow! As someone who just joined 2 days ago, the guide was really informative for me! Currently i'm on my way to hidden heroes village for the first time to see if people still buy honey drop there :D