Nation Wars: New Time Slots?

14567810»

Comments

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    See ApocaIypto what I mean when you say event, people reply by ''farming instance''.

Nation wars wont have 1200+ participants if it is a normal event b:nosebleed
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What's the definition of a normal event and why is NW classified as a farming instance and not an event? o:
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Event or not, it has killed the purpose of Nirvana and such good farming possibility in said event is so high and effecting that the time slots should be equal too.

Enough said.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    BOO BOO City of Abominations is too late i cant farm my Seal of Eternal Solitude or cant get my pages :S, i cant farm celestial insignas on monday event :S, PvP Tournament is too late as well, cant get the pages i couldnt get in CoA :S

make those farming instances available all day long plz b:dirty
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    BOO BOO City of Abominations is too late i cant farm my Seal of Eternal Solitude or cant get my pages :S, i cant farm celestial insignas on monday event :S, PvP Tournament is too late as well, cant get the pages i couldnt get in CoA :S

Hahaha, funny.....
    We talking about nation wars, you basicly can farm a full set of nirvana 3rd cast in 2 hours if ur good enough, thats something different than tiger event, coa........ b:scorn
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You can get a full god damn end - game set of gears for practically no effort in 2 hours, before NW it took people months to accomplish it via brainless farming, NW CANNOT be compared to anything else at this point, PWI made lazy people happy by throwing one of the best gears @ their feet for no work at all, and ESPECIALLY since a lot of people are excluded from participating, it`s a bloody major deal!
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    really? im sure CoA has a better ratio coins/minutes than nation wars. 15M in 20 min compared to what, 50M in 2 hours, do the maths, its not different.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    really? im sure CoA has a better ratio coins/minutes than nation wars. 15M in 20 min compared to what, 50M in 2 hours, do the maths, its not different.

Hahaha sure u can farm 30+ pages in 20 minutes, only a few can do that during 2x drops...
    lol
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013

NW is not necessarily about making coin but about farming things you need; raptures, cannies, R8r materials, warsoul materials etc. they'll even add pets and pet upgrades there so Venomancers who can't participate in NW might not be able to get those new pets at all (especially if they turn out to be bound; see Derjan's Ancient Hatchling - it's bound upon taming). What if people start discriminating Venomancers once again for not having those top elite pets like they used to do with Herc/Nix?

NW is an event? Sure it is but look at the forges and look at how many things you literally farm via NW.

See, this is why it's a big deal for many people and not just EU people but from other places too. It's not about "being too lazy to wake up"; some people really can't participate for x and y reasons.

There's TW at 2pm server time so why can't there be a NW at that time or replace that TW with NW?

The big initial profit from NW is gone by now anyway. Adding one more time slot won't hurt.
    Didn't you just say so youself? " CoA has a better ratio coins/minutes than nation wars". I guess some people QQ for the money but some people just want a fair chance at farming their gear, you know?

Yes yes, this is PWE. They never do ****. Yes, yes people always complain. Yes, yes the game's unfair. Yes, yes it's impossible to please every person regarding timezone but I don't see a reason to have all NW events occur at the same hours and many players being excluded from it. I see that as a rather bad move from Wanmei/PWE b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    actually i also cant understand why the two NW have to be in the same time slot

i dont know why pwi stuff is so stupid and just copy paste event times from wanmei servers into their servers, knowing that pwi has a international community

this is simply stupid and unprofessional, but since pwi doesnt care for their community aslong as they make money no change will happen. like it was with tw times, people complained about those too and for 3 or 4 years no change happened. we only got new tw times due to the NW.

so all complain here is useless, since pwi simply doesnt care or is just stupid and to incompetent to change these timeslots. and actually this is the sad part. they really have a game i like to play, but the stuff behind this game causes soooo much frustration to alot of people and still nothn changesb:cry

so what i can tell, it is that u have to get used to the nw times and that u can never ever take part in it... "surrender to pwi stuff"b:surrender
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Solutions would be easy and I even see them comming.

* I'm sure they will change time, at least one of them. I bet the one on sunday.

* Let nw happen more than twice per week would be consumer friendly but I don't see this comming. With a bigger map we need even more players and we barely have enough for the map we have atm (just 350-400 per nation on lc server when i recall it right).

* Make rewards you can get with supply tokens non-tradable. I'm very sure that they will introduce this one. Because it will kill the huge income of the ppl which can participate. And many r999 will stop joining nw (= more fun for others).
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    Solutions would be easy and I even see them comming.

* I'm sure they will change time, at least one of them. I bet the one on sunday.

* Let nw happen more than twice per week would be consumer friendly but I don't see this comming. With a bigger map we need even more players and we barely have enough for the map we have atm (just 350-400 per nation on lc server when i recall it right).

* Make rewards you can get with supply tokens non-tradable. I'm very sure that they will introduce this one. Because it will kill the huge income of the ppl which can participate. And many r999 will stop joining nw (= more fun for others).

I agree with the first, Sunday Nw should be 14:00 and friday should be 20:00.

your second point has direct effect on your third point ( or other way around depending on how you look at it )
    It's humanly impossible to farm the new tome/cape/helm/ring with non tradeable items. You realise that the ring alone needs over almost 50K NW tokens right? on a good day OP people get 300, that's 200 NW's, 100 weeks, meaning two years for 1 item.

If you make the stuff from NW tokens untradeable you HAVE to do a daily NW, but this would get VERY boring after a while, simply because not enough people can join. For example HL server probably has 30-40% non-US players so keeping the timeslot at 20:00 and a daily NW would skew the power creep towards the US players even more, and guess what, non tradeable items means the EU players can basically quit, because even with merching they can't even buy the new stuff even if they had billions of coins available.

So yes on the timeslot change for the sunday war, no to your other suggestions
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im dissapointed
    They didn't change the event times and the persons with the power to decide it seem not caring at all about this.

Pwi is the worst about customer support and customer care. They should remove the "international" Part from the Description! Being locked out from the main economy Instance and the probably most fun thing to do in that game is overly harsh.
    I love pwi , i really do but not to the point where i sacrifice my sleep.

Whats so hard to find a solution pwi ? Tell me why it take you so long.
    I hate Room 38
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bump. Any word on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks, just wanted to post an update on this issue.

Right now, the PWI Team is fighting like cornered badgers to get a new time slot for Nation Wars. We've heard your feedback, and we know that not everyone can make the current 20:20 times on Friday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, it's going to take longer than we hoped. We were really, truly hoping to get this fix in ASAP, but we're going to need more time. Right now, we are estimating at least a few more months before we can implement this fix.

I truly wish I had better news for you guys. I know how important NW is for high level players, and I promise that we're doing our best on this issue.

Again, I'll keep you guys posted as I learn more.

- Val
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well that sucks but I appreciate that you came by to give us an update :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • rolix9
    rolix9 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    But why? why will it take so long? whats the reason
  • True_magic - Heavens Tear
    True_magic - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    actually i send a ticked this week asking somethings about NW's time and if they would do something cuz of the non American players (Europe in my case) and this was what they told me:

"I can tell you, however, that we are looking into new times for Nation Wars for a more European-friendly War schedule. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you but you'll have to start a new character if you wish to move to another server."

now , i think we will have to wait for it... b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just switch Friday 8pm NW and Saturday 2pm TW already. Easiest switch ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    you have all come up with viable & fair reasons for moving NW times ( i had to get up @ 4am this morning just to do a NW btw )

just 1 tiny small little problem

PWI JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ;lol

they care about 1 thing & 1 thing only....................MONEY
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    v4liance wrote: »

Right now, the PWI Team is fighting like cornered badgers to get a new time slot for Nation Wars. We've heard your feedback, and we know that not everyone can make the current 20:20 times on Friday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, it's going to take longer than we hoped. We were really, truly hoping to get this fix in ASAP, but we're going to need more time. Right now, we are estimating at least a few more months before we can implement this fix.

I truly wish I had better news for you guys. I know how important NW is for high level players, and I promise that we're doing our best on this issue.

- Val

rofl rofl rofl

as an IT administrator i lol'ed ! it will take months to edit a schedule script?b:laugh How hard is it to copy-past a single script and change a time slot in it? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    does it not run at 8-10 on every server? why have different servers for different timezones if everytihng is happening at the same exact time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It runs 8-10 on every server but the main point is that the veteran players of american servers are not going to dumb their home to go in Europe servers.

Few weeks ago couple of people from HT server started slightly moving into RT because they didn't like the people of their home server but they were also happy as they were from east coast and got in a server that has NW in more suitable time..
    I, however, love this server and wont go off for some stupid event.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do a change already so every1 is able to take part. The current state sucks. -.-
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do a change already so every1 is able to take part. The current state sucks. -.-
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

_Shui - Harshlands replied to a message that was 5 months 11 days 21 hours 39 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Alexlne - Dreamweaver
    Alexlne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Necro or not it would be nice to find out if anything more came of the following:
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make an "official" announcement here that we are currently evaluating what it would take to expand the NW time slots w/out harming the balance of the game.

We definitely do not want to leave players out, particularly given how important Nation Wars is now, but we also have to be careful to make sure the rewards aren't messed up by increasing the access.

We're doing our best right now to come up with a good solution, but unfortunately, it won't happen soon. This is one of my top priorities, however, and I'm going to fight hard to make sure more players have access to Nation Wars.

- Val

- Val